Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March

Go down 
+38
Stripedhyena
George
Jill
rogerpgvg
Bonnie
Taos
Advicot
lucky luke
Caracal
barracudacat
Bowhead Whale
ezra18
Anne from Norway
Wilorvise
SUSANNE
widukind
Dutch Bear
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
Tarunyada
costicuba
75senta75
JonasV
ulinuk
DaveScriv
SpiralStrix
CilleDK
landrover
Bloodrayne
Saarlooswolfhound
Kikimalou
Roger
stecal
TheLastStardust
Carola
Ana
LeeAnn
NightLioness
Tiermann
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Dutch Bear

Dutch Bear

Country/State : Netherlands

Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 25 EmptyThu 13 Jan 2022 - 9:30

widukind wrote:
So i have to went to Bewrlin. Nice catches!! What material are the Luville bears?

I guess it is just resin, hard plastic

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Dutch Bear

Dutch Bear

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 25 EmptyThu 13 Jan 2022 - 9:34

rogerpgvg wrote:
Great finds! The Luville bears are wonderful. And it isn't my kind of taste, but I like the bear with scarf nevertheless.

Well to be honnest the bear with scarf is right on the border of acceptable in my collection.
But as it is an ornament, and as I have 2 other ornaments with scarf and christmas hat, I will let this one pass.
It will only be out 3-4 weeks per year.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Dutch Bear

Dutch Bear

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 25 EmptyThu 13 Jan 2022 - 9:39

I am not a fan of its long face/muzzle. and it has a nasty casting residue on its nose. The eyes freak me out a bit.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bad paint job. His paws are badly painted, like he is walking snow.

Compared to Safari and Papo

I think the adult polarbear is spot on. Great pose, good body/paw/hear ratio

Compared to Schleich and Bullyland cub

Last edited by Dutch Bear on Thu 13 Jan 2022 - 13:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 25 EmptyThu 13 Jan 2022 - 12:15

Yes, really strange looking head, it is long as a horse's head. Though, there is something poetic on that figure, maybe the pose. I enjoy how bears are popular as toys, Christmas ornaments, plushes, etc. TAW tells pandas are as common as red foxes, polar bears 10 times more popular than Arctic foxes, Brown bears more than 10 times more popular than fennecs. This is impressive for a non African animal.

Dutch Bear

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 25 EmptyThu 13 Jan 2022 - 13:38

Roger wrote:
Yes, really strange looking head, it is long as a horse's head. Though, there is something poetic on that figure, maybe the pose. I enjoy how bears are popular as toys, Christmas ornaments, plushes, etc. TAW tells pandas are as common as red foxes, polar bears 10 times more popular than Arctic foxes, Brown bears more than 10 times more popular than fennecs. This is impressive for a non African animal.

Yes Bears are indeed popular. Even for me as i collect only bears, there are still sooooo many figures I dont have yet.
Between you and me, yes there are some bears i dont like or not even want in my collection.

I wish there would be more "other" bear figures like black/sun/sloth/spectacled, or that I would be more skilled in painting and customising models.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 25 EmptySat 15 Jan 2022 - 1:04

Dutch Bear wrote:
Roger wrote:

Yes Bears are indeed popular. Even for me as i collect only bears, there are still sooooo many figures I dont have yet.
Between you and me, yes there are some bears i dont like or not even want in my collection.

I wish there would be more "other" bear figures like black/sun/sloth/spectacled, or that I would be more skilled in painting and customising models.

Really some species are underrepresented, I think Mojö Fun sun bear and Schleich sloth bear are the most unusual among majors. I also understand you about some figures. I think when they are horrible and large, we don't find them always a bonus to our collections. I almost started to collect lions instead of foxes but they were so many and so ugly that I really gave up. Fortunately, I never feel it with foxes, they're never ugly to me and anteaters I think the most bizarre are those I like best. Laughing

Dutch Bear

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 25 EmptySat 2 Jul 2022 - 16:30

Here are some new arrivals from Spain.

The rare black AAA adult and cub, the articulated K&M

And a beautifull, great condition, sitting polar bear, from SALPA (Italy)

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 25 EmptySat 2 Jul 2022 - 17:04

That polar bear is my favorite. What a great sculpt. :) congrats!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 25 EmptySat 2 Jul 2022 - 18:59

Superb additions!

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 25 EmptySat 2 Jul 2022 - 23:19

I also love the standing polar bear. To be fair, standing up bear figures are among my favorite.

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 25 EmptySun 3 Jul 2022 - 10:23

I guess they are all rarities if they weren't in your collection yet. I love the Salpa polar bear too.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 25 EmptySun 3 Jul 2022 - 11:42

That you can find new bear figures is incredible. So many bears

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 25 EmptySun 3 Jul 2022 - 13:15

WOW ! That SALPA polar bear is a gem affraid I love you

But many other nice additions. Amazing that you can still find some that you didn't own Wink

Dutch Bear

Dutch Bear

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 25 EmptySun 3 Jul 2022 - 13:37

I only have approximately 1000 bears.
Depending on what you would count as a figure or other item in the collection.
There are so many more bears out there. Some I know of are on my wishlist, some are not.

The Salpa is beautiful indeed. I will make a close-up walkaround later.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 25 EmptySun 3 Jul 2022 - 14:17

Ahhh, only 1000 bears Laughing Wink

I look very much forward to that walkaround, - when/if you have time, of course Palmface

Dutch Bear

Dutch Bear

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 25 EmptySun 3 Jul 2022 - 14:21

Walkaround at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 25 EmptySun 3 Jul 2022 - 16:39

Wonderful new bears, it's amazing how there seems to be an endless supply of this lovely species to collect! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 25 EmptyTue 5 Jul 2022 - 1:33

the Salpa polar bear is a real beauty! Congratulations on such beauties:)
and I really like the articulated K&M bear with the brown muzzle, and also the small black bear that is next to the red bear. It looks like a Britains style black polar bear ?
Back to top Go down
Dutch Bear

Dutch Bear

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 25 EmptyFri 17 Mar 2023 - 15:39

Yet again it has been quite a while since i have posted.

But here are some new additions, from Spain

and a cute panda from Nano Blocks
Not their best model i would say. The nose sits quite loose and the front paw keep falling off.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 25 EmptyFri 17 Mar 2023 - 19:23

Nice additions Sandor, I missed a few entries but it isn't too late to tell you I love the Salpa Polar bear sunny
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 25 EmptySat 18 Mar 2023 - 22:16

Very nice new citizens to your collection. I've never seen a panda like that. Laughing

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 25 EmptySun 19 Mar 2023 - 14:37

Wonderful again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Dutch Bear

Dutch Bear

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 25 EmptyMon 17 Apr 2023 - 10:10

Recently i also welcomed these new additions from France.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 25 EmptyMon 17 Apr 2023 - 17:28

Nice new bears for you :)

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 25 EmptyMon 17 Apr 2023 - 18:24

Very nice new additions!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March
Page 25 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next