Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Samson vs the Lion finished - p2

Go down 
+19
SyLoBe
Ana
donny ong
Phexedrine
animalluvr6
Saarlooswolfhound
cattlecollector
HKHollinstone
Kikimalou
scot(t)
orcagirl26
Bonobo
lucky luke
Geospiza fortis
SUSANNE
widukind
Roger
LeeAnn
MiniZoo
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MiniZoo

MiniZoo

Country/State : Australia

Samson vs the Lion finished - p2 Empty
PostSubject: Samson vs the Lion finished - p2   Samson vs the Lion finished - p2 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 11:54 pm

This is 1/2 of the overall sculpture planned. The lion is almost ready for baking - just some minor adjustments and fur texturing to do. It's quite large - 13cm tall at the top of the head. Nose to tip of tail down the angle is 19cm.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by MiniZoo on Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:11 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.minizoo.com.au/
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Samson vs the Lion finished - p2   Samson vs the Lion finished - p2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 12:34 am

Shocked Shocked Shocked 

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Samson vs the Lion finished - p2   Samson vs the Lion finished - p2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 1:20 am

Although lions are very popular, I find them a huge challenge, is not often that we see lions on homemade figures section. That's a very expressive figure, not only head, but body expression is also evident. Very brave from you making lions during your birthday! Laughing
Looking forward to see the other half that I suppose it is a victim. affraid cheers

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Samson vs the Lion finished - p2   Samson vs the Lion finished - p2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 4:21 am

Very detailed lion figurine!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Samson vs the Lion finished - p2   Samson vs the Lion finished - p2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 9:54 am

STUNNING  Shocked 

WOW !!!! You keep making models with perfect sculpturing, but still with your own touch !  cheers 

Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Samson vs the Lion finished - p2   Samson vs the Lion finished - p2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 3:20 pm

Great and expressive lion! The musculature is especially realistic-looking. Can't wait to see him finished  bounce .
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Samson vs the Lion finished - p2   Samson vs the Lion finished - p2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 4:55 pm

Geospiza fortis wrote:
Great and expressive lion! The musculature is especially realistic-looking. Can't wait to see him finished  bounce .

cheers Applause Cool Cool Wink 
Back to top Go down
Bonobo

Bonobo

Country/State : Deutschland/Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: Samson vs the Lion finished - p2   Samson vs the Lion finished - p2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 10:06 pm

affraid What a great lion!  Shocked Applause Applause Applause The pose is amazing!  drunken 

The only thing I would critisise is the mane. Maybe you can give the mane a better texture with a brush? Then it will probably more look like hair Wink

MiniZoo

PostSubject: Re: Samson vs the Lion finished - p2   Samson vs the Lion finished - p2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 10:48 pm

Bonobo wrote:
:
The only thing I would critisise is the mane. Maybe you can give the mane a better texture with a brush? Then it will probably more look like hair Wink

Thanks everyone for the feedback and Bonobo for your fair critique also. The mane is a deliberate choice, to go with this technique is perhaps not quite as realistic as other methods but I like the effect. The musculature is also slightly exaggerated - you could call it 'artistic licence' Very Happy I'm having a lot of fun with this model and keeping in mind the overall finished effect.

Roger the other 1/2 is not a victim but I am keeping that a secret for now!
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Samson vs the Lion finished - p2   Samson vs the Lion finished - p2 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 10:43 pm

I definitely think some of the major companies can take some hints from us collectors who make homemade models and those who just do re-paints  Smile Applause When I see them on the forum, I'm just in awe  drunken 
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Samson vs the Lion finished - p2   Samson vs the Lion finished - p2 EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 5:04 am

Really cool! I really like your style a lot. (The mane for example. Very very cool effect.) I look forward to updates!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Samson vs the Lion finished - p2   Samson vs the Lion finished - p2 EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 8:31 am

Can't wait to watch more pics of this beautiful bodybuilder  Shocked   Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Samson vs the Lion finished - p2   Samson vs the Lion finished - p2 EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 10:55 pm

Wow, Jason! The muscles are incredible!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
cattlecollector

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Samson vs the Lion finished - p2   Samson vs the Lion finished - p2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 1:37 am

Wow, very nice! Very Happy

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it is going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming. (One of my favorite archery quotes)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Samson vs the Lion finished - p2   Samson vs the Lion finished - p2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 6:43 am

That is a fantastic lion. Great job!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
MiniZoo

MiniZoo

PostSubject: Re: Samson vs the Lion finished - p2   Samson vs the Lion finished - p2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 1:29 pm

Thankyou, I am very much encouraged by all of your comments.
Back to top Go down
animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Samson vs the Lion finished - p2   Samson vs the Lion finished - p2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 6:21 pm

Fantastic sculpt! I can't wait to see him finished! Very Happy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
Phexedrine

Phexedrine

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Samson vs the Lion finished - p2   Samson vs the Lion finished - p2 EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 1:46 pm

Can't wait to see more, this is impressive, especially for the work you did on the muscles. Felids seem quite hard for me to work on as they have incredibly "twisty" bodies and folds of skin...somehow a daunty subject to work on.

MiniZoo

MiniZoo

PostSubject: Re: Samson vs the Lion finished - p2   Samson vs the Lion finished - p2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 11:46 pm

Here's the lion painted.... please excuse the wire support. He will eventually be glued onto a base.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Samson vs the Lion finished - p2   Samson vs the Lion finished - p2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 12:07 am

A truly amazing sculpt! The painting looks so real!
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Samson vs the Lion finished - p2   Samson vs the Lion finished - p2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 12:31 am

Awesome work!  Applause 

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Samson vs the Lion finished - p2   Samson vs the Lion finished - p2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 1:59 am

Very amazing! A Nemean lion? And the other half would be Hercules?  bounce 
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Samson vs the Lion finished - p2   Samson vs the Lion finished - p2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 5:36 am

He's awesome, fantastic job!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Samson vs the Lion finished - p2   Samson vs the Lion finished - p2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 7:33 am

Amazing ! WOW ! cheers

Bonobo

Bonobo

Country/State : Deutschland/Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: Samson vs the Lion finished - p2   Samson vs the Lion finished - p2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 2:23 pm

Just Brilliant! Shocked Shocked  Applause Applause Applause cheers 

PostSubject: Re: Samson vs the Lion finished - p2   Samson vs the Lion finished - p2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Samson vs the Lion finished - p2
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Customs and Homemade models :: Homemade models-
Jump to: