Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

hobby lobby about to stock 2014 figures

Go down 
+8
orcagirl26
Saarlooswolfhound
A.R.Garcia
weaselfan93
SUSANNE
LeeAnn
Roger
Takama
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

hobby lobby    about to stock 2014 figures Empty
PostSubject: hobby lobby about to stock 2014 figures   hobby lobby    about to stock 2014 figures EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 2:04 am

Right now I'm at hobby lobby. And I noticed they cleard some spaces in the animal figure section and they have labels for some new figures. Among them are the chetahs. Sun bear. And ring tail lemur
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: hobby lobby about to stock 2014 figures   hobby lobby    about to stock 2014 figures EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 2:06 am

That's a good news, Hobby Lobby, as far as I know, is an important customer of Mojo, so it is good to see that they're getting ready to get new figures. Very Happy
Have you seen the pangolin? Very Happy

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: hobby lobby about to stock 2014 figures   hobby lobby    about to stock 2014 figures EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 2:07 am

Going there tomorrow. Hoping for new horses!

Takama

PostSubject: Re: hobby lobby about to stock 2014 figures   hobby lobby    about to stock 2014 figures EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 2:33 am

They won't have any in stock tommorow. There empty spaces. With the labels for them. Roger, I did not see the pangolen Sad
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: hobby lobby about to stock 2014 figures   hobby lobby    about to stock 2014 figures EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 2:36 am

Takama wrote:
They won't have any in stock tommorow.   There empty spaces. With the labels for them.   Roger, I did not see the pangolen Sad

Thanks, I was not really expecting once I suspect pangolins are widely unknown in North America, it was more a wish! Very Happy

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: hobby lobby about to stock 2014 figures   hobby lobby    about to stock 2014 figures EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 2:41 am

Takama wrote:
They won't have any in stock tommorow.   There empty spaces. With the labels for them.   Roger, I did not see the pangolen Sad

I need to go for a few other things anyway, so the Mojos are just a bonus Wink

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: hobby lobby about to stock 2014 figures   hobby lobby    about to stock 2014 figures EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 9:16 am

YEPPPEEEE  bounce bounce cheers 

I just can't say how happy I am !  cheers 

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: hobby lobby about to stock 2014 figures   hobby lobby    about to stock 2014 figures EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 7:20 pm

My store got them in stock yesterday. cheers

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: hobby lobby about to stock 2014 figures   hobby lobby    about to stock 2014 figures EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 9:15 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
My store got them in stock yesterday. cheers

Beyond the horses which figures have you found Leeann? Very Happy

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: hobby lobby about to stock 2014 figures   hobby lobby    about to stock 2014 figures EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 9:17 pm

Yes Wink

weaselfan93

PostSubject: hobby lobby about to stock 2014 figures   hobby lobby    about to stock 2014 figures EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 10:46 pm

My local Hobby Lobby now has the figures in stock. I purchased the sun bear today. they also have the lemur, wild boar, and komodo dragon. but unfortunately no macaque or pangolin. the bear is a beautiful replica and looks better in person than the catalog pic. Very Happy cheers

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: hobby lobby about to stock 2014 figures   hobby lobby    about to stock 2014 figures EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 11:00 pm

weaselfan93 wrote:
My local Hobby Lobby now has the figures in stock. I purchased the sun bear today. they also have the lemur, wild boar, and komodo dragon. but unfortunately no macaque or pangolin. the bear is a beautiful replica and looks better in person than the catalog pic. Very Happy cheers

Thanks for telling Lance! Very Happy Great, I love the bear on catalogue picture, so if it is even better... cheers
I hope it is not as huge as it seems to be the wild boar. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: hobby lobby about to stock 2014 figures   hobby lobby    about to stock 2014 figures EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 12:07 am

Ohhh! It is so exiting ! They MUST come to the European net-shops soon bounce bounce bounce Very Happy bounce

A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

PostSubject: Re: hobby lobby about to stock 2014 figures   hobby lobby    about to stock 2014 figures EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 10:18 pm

I finally went to the local Hobby Lobby, to see what was there. Here are some quick pictures of most of the 2014 animals in stock (with the sloth and old lion), in case anyone is interested. (The lighting/pic quality is not very good, however.)

hobby lobby    about to stock 2014 figures IMG_4182ed

hobby lobby    about to stock 2014 figures IMG_4184ed

hobby lobby    about to stock 2014 figures IMG_4185ed

also:

hobby lobby    about to stock 2014 figures IMG_4186ed

hobby lobby    about to stock 2014 figures IMG_4187ed

Some thoughts (for what they're worth, without careful study): The sculpts are all good. The doe is more deer-like in person, with a nice head. The bear is well done but I think its stripe should have had the "air-brushed" look like the face, rather than the solid stroke (the camera flash makes it look much worse, though). I was excited to see the mother cheetah, but, the cheetahs are really big, at least for me. Neutral  I suppose it depends on how you use them, or with which models. The lemur is well done and interesting- though I think one of them had eyes that were "off". The owl may be a bit smaller than Safari or Schleich (Safari might be the same but with spread wings). After getting the Papo Komodo dragon, I thought, "That takes care of this species for me". Now, after seeing this one, with that face, well, they do congregate in life, don't they? Very Happy Lastly, no new lion, pangolin, thylacine, or boar (they do have the old Papo one  Rolling Eyes ), and sadly not much from last year, either.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: hobby lobby about to stock 2014 figures   hobby lobby    about to stock 2014 figures EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 11:33 pm

Thanks for your pictures and thoughts! Very Happy I really need some of these figures! affraid Bear, Suffolk mare, lemur I want for sure. Maybe komodo, chetah female with cub, snowy owl, those are species I already have but I understand what you mean about komodos. Laughing Personally for me it is a disappointing that Hobby Lobby hasn't stocked the pangolin. They don't really understand the commercial interest of that figure, I am sure kids love it mainly for its prehistoric appearance. However, it is great to know that they keep stocking Mojo. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: hobby lobby about to stock 2014 figures   hobby lobby    about to stock 2014 figures EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 11:43 pm

Lucky, lucky you bounce bounce cheers

They are fantastic, I almost can't wait any longer...they MUST have them in EU soon What a Face

The Comodo dragon is fantastic, - app 2000 times nicer than in the catalogue, - WOW Applause

I am also very impressed by that dragon, my decition to NOT collect this series begins to waver Laughing

Thankyou for sharing Very Happy Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: hobby lobby about to stock 2014 figures   hobby lobby    about to stock 2014 figures EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 12:03 am

I kind of have to feel sorry for the bear, he has a choke collar on! Thanks for the pics, they are fantastic, and thanks for sharing!

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: hobby lobby about to stock 2014 figures   hobby lobby    about to stock 2014 figures EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 12:13 am

Thanks for the pictures! I'm thinking about making yet another exception to my rule buy the komodo dragon and snowy owl. It doesn't look like Hobby Lobby sells much sea life except for the clown fish and great white shark. Komodo dragons do congregate, only when feeding or during mating season so maybe you can have one be a male and the other a female?
Back to top Go down
A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

PostSubject: Re: hobby lobby about to stock 2014 figures   hobby lobby    about to stock 2014 figures EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 2:56 am

Paintwork aside, I'd say they are all quality figures, which can't always be said about a brand's new releases; I know I didn't think this when I saw Mojo for the first time. Even with them at hand, I'll have to pick and choose, though.

Roger, the pangolin seems like an obvious choice to me, but... the animal model section is small, and who really knows how decisions are made? If I haven't been to the store in a long while, there is always some discomfort when I approach that aisle, not knowing what has been stocked or cleared out. The Papo penguin is long gone, the Mojo wolverine has come and gone (luckily I got it), and now I saw the recent Safari wildebeest has been moved to clearance. It is nice they're stocking a variety of Mojo, though. The Schleich selections in other stores can be tiring- I guess they assume kids in this region are more interested in farm life than fruit bats...
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: hobby lobby about to stock 2014 figures   hobby lobby    about to stock 2014 figures EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 5:55 pm

Nice models there-wishlist is the sun bear and the Suffolk Punch,so looking like they will be on the Christmas list!!! Smile Smile

stecal

Country/State : dorset england

PostSubject: Re: hobby lobby about to stock 2014 figures   hobby lobby    about to stock 2014 figures EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 6:17 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Lucky, lucky you bounce bounce cheers

They are fantastic, I almost can't wait any longer...they MUST have them in EU soon What a Face

The Comodo dragon is fantastic, - app 2000 times nicer than in the catalogue, - WOW Applause

I am also very impressed by that dragon, my decition to NOT collect this series begins to waver Laughing

Thankyou for sharing Very Happy Very Happy

depending on which ones you mean mpv has the sun bear,suffolk punch,cheetahs and new highland cows in stock
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collections/by/stecal
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: hobby lobby about to stock 2014 figures   hobby lobby    about to stock 2014 figures EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 12:40 am

A.R.Garcia wrote:
Roger, the pangolin seems like an obvious choice to me, but... the animal model section is small, and who really knows how decisions are made? If I haven't been to the store in a long while, there is always some discomfort when I approach that aisle, not knowing what has been stocked or cleared out. The Papo penguin is long gone, the Mojo wolverine has come and gone (luckily I got it), and now I saw the recent Safari wildebeest has been moved to clearance. It is nice they're stocking a variety of Mojo, though. The Schleich selections in other stores can be tiring- I guess they assume kids in this region are more interested in farm life than fruit bats...

Laughing That's right and a big problem for collectors and brands interested in diversifying their species range. Sad There's a way to introduce some unusual species without compromising the hypothetical commercial interest. Just make species that are generally assigned with a known animal. Schleich did it with the pygmy hedgehog and the mountain hare, for example. They are just one more hedgehog to the market and a white rabbit. Mojo did with the sun bear, an usual species in toy shape but one more bear to the market, that's the reason why you can find them at Hobby Lobby. Pangolin is another question although I feel it is an enigmatic animal, thus it has some commercial interest once children are curious. alien Very Happy

A.R.Garcia

PostSubject: Re: hobby lobby about to stock 2014 figures   hobby lobby    about to stock 2014 figures EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 9:12 am

Yes, I agree that's a useful way to include different species. (Though they had the Mojo black bear and Papo brown bear also on display. Laughing ) As someone interested in dinosaurs, I'd also encourage this approach for those models. Many interesting dinosaurs display generally recognizable morphologies, so the purchaser (a parent, for example) can choose one ("long-necked, meat eater, horned dinosaur, duckbill" etc) without actually knowing what animal is represented.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: hobby lobby about to stock 2014 figures   hobby lobby    about to stock 2014 figures EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 11:38 pm

Wow, I checked today and the Hobby Lobby "near" me has those figures too. Normally, my Hobby Lobby takes forever to stock new items.

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: hobby lobby about to stock 2014 figures   hobby lobby    about to stock 2014 figures EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 1:17 am

A.R.Garcia wrote:
Yes, I agree that's a useful way to include different species. (Though they had the Mojo black bear and Papo brown bear also on display. Laughing ) As someone interested in dinosaurs, I'd also encourage this approach for those models. Many interesting dinosaurs display generally recognizable morphologies, so the purchaser (a parent, for example) can choose one ("long-necked, meat eater, horned dinosaur, duckbill" etc) without actually knowing what animal is represented.

Exactly Andrew! It could easily keep children interest in them and bring the enthusiasm of collectors.

PostSubject: Re: hobby lobby about to stock 2014 figures   hobby lobby    about to stock 2014 figures Empty

Back to top Go down

hobby lobby about to stock 2014 figures
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next