Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report

Go down 
+4
goatherder
smallscaleworld
SUSANNE
Tiermann
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report Empty
PostSubject: Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report   Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 8:11 pm

Hello everyone, it is the second anniversary of the Toyanimal.info website so I thought this would be a good time to report to the community where we are at and what we have done in the last two years.

The current statistics for the Wiki are:

Content pages: 11,725

Total edits since the beginning: 58,038
Total page views: 643,373

Most viewed pages:
Main Page 31,610 times
Category:Companies 7,415
By Taxonomy page 5,284
Safari Ltd 3,495
Mojo 2,400
Schleich 2,391
Bullyland 1,959

Currently active editors: 8

I want to thank everyone who has helped add content to the wiki either directly or through giving us permission to add your data/images.
Special thanks to Susanne, Roger, and Kikimalou for their years of dedication and thousands of edits and to Takama and Widukind for their more recent dedicated help.

We've had a couple of new members join in the last couple of weeks. Welcome to Goatherder and Teardrop.
July/August is when our annual expenses come due, and the time of year when most members pay annual dues. The $5 annual dues fee helps to offset the annual expenses. This year the annual expenses came to $95.00 for site name registration and hosting.
If you are interested in becoming a member you can fill out our membership form at Membership Form
If you have been a member in the past and just want to renew you can use the donations link at Donations Link and enter $5 when you get to PayPal (feel free to donate more :) )

Work plans report: At this point we have completed filling in the basics of the Taxonomy tree. This is the section that allows you to look up by the animal, for instance if you want to look at Tigers you can go directly there through search, or work down through the Taxonomy tree to find them and see all the tigers we have in the Wiki so far. The images on these pages are cross linked from each toy animal's individual page. Those individual pages are housed under the By Company tree.
If you wanted to look at CollectA for instance you can go to that company page and see the listing of sub-categories, and on those pages the lists of individual animals. We have most of the animals from many of the major companies now. We are still adding new pages and images nearly every day. Our biggest gaps are in smaller and vintage companies that aren't well represented in our main editor's own collections. When we know something exists but don't have an image or info to add it there is a red link left on the company page for it. How many are there left of those? About 6,400. Of course some companies don't even have lists of links, so no doubt there are tens of thousands more out there we don't have listed yet.
Still we are past the 10,000 point which is not bad at all for only a little over two years worth of work. I will do a report like this next year, and we can compare then how much more progress we have made.

Thanks for taking the time to read our report, and for all the help provided to us by editors, members, and STS friends who have helped us over the years.

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report   Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 9:01 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers 

Thankyou for this update  Applause 
Who would have thought that after only two years, there would be over 14.000 images  Shocked 

Let's add that it is great fun, also.

None mentioned, noone forgotten, we say in Danish. Wink
But I would like to thank Roger, without whom I would have drowned in tables and links a long time ago  Laughing 

smallscaleworld

smallscaleworld

Country/State : Hampshire, UK

PostSubject: Re: Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report   Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 10:09 pm

I took the Tudor Rose images today and will get them to you - hopefully next week sometime. A labour of love - I'm sure. Well done to Tierman and the rest of the crew!

eBay - smallscaleworld
Back to top Go down
goatherder

goatherder

Country/State : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report   Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 11:28 pm

Well done to all of the members, Applause 

I'm glad to be part of such a interesting project.

I put my first pages up earlier today.

it will be interesting to see how many more will be completed by next year.

its good to be aboard.

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report   Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 1:56 am

cheers cheers cheers 

Great to see the Wiki is doing well! And congrats on the anniversary!

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report   Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 9:03 am

cheers cheers cheers 
It's amazing how it's growing, big congratulations!!! And thanks to all who create it!!!! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report   Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 12:25 pm

Thanks for this report, Tim! Very Happy Numbers are impressive in terms of work already done considering how small is the contributors team, not yet in terms of visits, though, I hope world community of collectors will figure how great is TAI as a source of information and of course with time it will be even more complete. Very Happy

SUSANNE wrote:

None mentioned, noone forgotten, we say in Danish. Wink
But I would like to thank Roger, without whom I would have drowned in tables and links a long time ago  Laughing 

Thanks Susanne, we are a perfect pair like Mary and Joseph santa ... you make miracles and I make tables, chairs and oaken chests! Laughing

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report   Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 12:43 pm

Roger wrote:

Thanks Susanne, we are a perfect pair like Mary and Joseph santa ... you make miracles and I make  tables, chairs and oaken chests! Laughing

cheers cheers lol! 

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report   Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 5:11 pm

Very interesting, thanks for the info Tim. For me is this wiki also a pool full of inspiration. So i found now the Marx muskrat for my zoo  Very Happy 

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report   Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 11:27 pm

Today I'm getting a database error... Sad

A database error has occurred. Did you forget to run maintenance/update.php after upgrading? See: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Upgrading#Run_the_update_script
Query: SELECT 1 FROM `mw_job` WHERE job_cmd = 'refreshLinks' AND job_token = '' LIMIT 1
Function: JobQueueDB::doIsEmpty
Error: 1054 Unknown column 'job_token' in 'where clause' (toy1218707144693.db.9563153.hostedresource.com)

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report   Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 11:31 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Today I'm getting a database error... Sad

A database error has occurred. Did you forget to run maintenance/update.php after upgrading? See: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Upgrading#Run_the_update_script
Query: SELECT 1 FROM `mw_job` WHERE job_cmd = 'refreshLinks' AND job_token = '' LIMIT 1
Function: JobQueueDB::doIsEmpty
Error: 1054 Unknown column 'job_token' in 'where clause' (toy1218707144693.db.9563153.hostedresource.com)

Thanks for your feedback Leeann. Very Happy Tim is currently performing some needed maintenance on TAI. Soon everything will work normally! Very Happy

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report   Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 11:45 pm

Great! Can't wait to get back on again.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report   Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 12:15 am

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Great! Can't wait to get back on again.

:) It is great to know that you enjoy and use it! flower

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report   Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 12:45 am

Absolutely Very Happy

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report   Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 5:10 pm

Sorry about the problems with the site. It is now back and operating again. The "simple" updating took a full day and there were some serious problems with it that had to be resolved. We are now back where we were on Friday but with the latest version of the software. Unfortunately I don't know that this has resolved our recent speed problems. I'm not sure what the root of that is, and will look into it more in future if it continues to be a problem. At the moment I want to take a few days off from fiddling with the site after spending all day yesterday at it.
Thanks for your support

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report   Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 6:11 pm

Thanks for your effort and for keeping us "updated"! Wink cheers

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report   Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 6:58 pm

cheers cheers cheers 

Glad to see it is back. Very Happy Thanks Tim for all your hard work!

PostSubject: Re: Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report   Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report Empty

Back to top Go down

Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report
Page 1 of 1