Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ToyAnimal.info Annual Report 2016

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

ToyAnimal.info Annual Report 2016 Empty
PostSubject: ToyAnimal.info Annual Report 2016   ToyAnimal.info Annual Report 2016 EmptySat 24 Sep 2016 - 23:56

Hello everyone, it is a little past the fourth anniversary of the Toyanimal.info website so it is time again to report to the community where we are at and what we have done in the last four years.

Here are some statistics for the Wiki:

Content pages: 17,639 (last year 14,107) we have added 3,532 pages this year
Images: 25,021 (last year 18,618) we have added 6,403 images this year

Total edits since the beginning: 99,513 (last year 75,612) we have done 23,901 edits (and counting!) this year

Currently active editors: 10+

Special thanks to Roger who has been heading up the editing this last year. He has done a great job organizing the work and watching over everything. We also want to thank all of the people who have helped with the site this last year, both those that edit directly and those of you who help us through STS by providing information and images for us to use on the site.

July/August is when our annual expenses come due, and the time of year when most members pay annual dues. The $5 annual dues fee helps to offset the annual expenses. This year the annual expenses came to $109.05 for site name registration and hosting.
Our income so far this year has been $55.00 leaving us with a $54.05 deficit for the year to date.
If you are interested in becoming a member you can fill out our membership form at the Membership Form Page
If you have been a member in the past and just want to renew you can use the donations link at our Donations Page and enter $5 when you get to PayPal (feel free to donate more :) )
So far we have usually only brought in about half our expenses each year, I cover the other half from my own pocket. Having enough annual memberships to cover the costs and make the site self sustaining is important for long term viability. If you value the resource please consider helping us with the costs.

Thanks for taking the time to read our report, and for all the help provided to us by all the editors, members, and STS friends who have helped us over the years.

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: ToyAnimal.info Annual Report 2016   ToyAnimal.info Annual Report 2016 EmptySun 25 Sep 2016 - 8:43

WOW !!! 25000 images affraid
And 3000 pages added during the last year !
Aren't we good ? bounce

Now we just need 11 more people to donate 5 dollars, - or 5 more people to donate 11 dolars  bounce

Me too, I want to thank everyone !
And a special thanks Roger , who does an incredibly admireable job !!!
It makes me shudder to think how our Wiki would look without the dedication, patience, accuracy, overview and endless hours of work that Roger puts into TAI Crocodile cheers

But Phil, it is you who started, and sustain, this enormous, fascinating  project ! Applause

NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: ToyAnimal.info Annual Report 2016   ToyAnimal.info Annual Report 2016 EmptySun 25 Sep 2016 - 10:14

Susanne, make that 4 people that donate 11 dollars Wink

I also want to thank Roger. As he guided me to the processes of helping editing on TAI.
Together we make TAI a 'living' memorable guide for model animal collectors all over the world, and that is a great though if you think about it Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: ToyAnimal.info Annual Report 2016   ToyAnimal.info Annual Report 2016 EmptySun 25 Sep 2016 - 13:45

Wow!!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: ToyAnimal.info Annual Report 2016   ToyAnimal.info Annual Report 2016 EmptySun 25 Sep 2016 - 22:44

NightLioness wrote:
Susanne, make that 4 people that donate 11 dollars Wink.....

cheers Applause Applause cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: ToyAnimal.info Annual Report 2016   ToyAnimal.info Annual Report 2016 EmptySun 25 Sep 2016 - 23:29

Thanks for the report, Tim! It makes me happy that TAI keeps growing and I think it is looking fantastic now! Very Happy
I hope you can find enough contributors to support all expenses, 5 Euros per year is less than 0,50 cents per month and the guidance use it gives to everyone surely worth much more than that.
I want to thank also everyone for being so kind for me, actually I have no relevant participation in terms of pictures and they are the most important in this kind of projects, so I want to thank everyone who is taking all the time to take great pictures to upload on TAI. I am currently trying to give a more coerent layout to the taxonomic section to warrant that all editors will use similar methods in future and to turn our work predictable to each others. It is also expanding together with all other parts of the Wiki. I may in future write more detailed guide lines also to those who want to edit in that particular section. Remember always that you may contact me to discuss any particular point of this editing work and to share some ideas. Very Happy

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: ToyAnimal.info Annual Report 2016   ToyAnimal.info Annual Report 2016 EmptyTue 27 Sep 2016 - 20:57

Thanks for the comments everyone, it really is a growing project and so much of it is due to the hard work and contributions of the editors and STS members who help out.
We have had a couple of additional memberships/donations and are now at income of $76 and deficit of only $33.05 Thanks so much for your help!

We are overdue for a software update at TAI but I am holding off on it. Our host is not yet offering the latest version of a support software that is needed to use the most recent updated Wiki software. I am hoping they will be up to date on that in a few months and we can update then. It is always a little stressful wondering if an update will actually work or we risk losing things. When the time comes I will announce it and make sure we have a good back up before trying anything.

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: ToyAnimal.info Annual Report 2016   ToyAnimal.info Annual Report 2016 EmptyTue 27 Sep 2016 - 21:09

Tiermann wrote:
Thanks for the comments everyone, it really is a growing project and so much of it is due to the hard work and contributions of the editors and STS members who help out.
We have had a couple of additional memberships/donations and are now at income of $76 and deficit of only $33.05 Thanks so much for your help! .

cheers  cheers  Applause  Applause  Very Happy

Tiermann wrote:
.....It is always a little stressful wondering if an update will actually work or we risk losing things. When the time comes I will announce it and make sure we have a good back up before trying anything.

You know the old saying : "Real men do not take backup " affraid geek
I suppose it is a spelling error, - it should be "Ignorant men do not...."  lol!
Good that it is possible to make backup  drunken

It is exiting to see what is new then, - and if I can find my way round it Shocked clown

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ToyAnimal.info Annual Report 2016   ToyAnimal.info Annual Report 2016 Empty

Back to top Go down

ToyAnimal.info Annual Report 2016
Page 1 of 1