Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!

Go down 
+72
pipsxlch
rogerpgvg
Jill
Caracal
Taos
Stripedhyena
Concavenator
Mitsukuni
Burgerenby
Bonnie
George
Joliezac
alarikh
Advicot
spacelab
RtasVadumee
tjjtjjtjja
Steve170
Pardofelis
bmathison1972
Megaptera
Jolly Reaper
Catman
Florian
jarda
kessan
LindsyCreedon
Tylosaurus
Iuri97
castlerigg
barracudacat
Anne from Norway
WhiteLightning Wolf
elephas_maximus
Brunno
Bowhead Whale
WILLYBACOMAN
Bluemoonvixen
ezra18
Chris Sweetman
Roger
NightLioness
Tarunyada
skysthelimit
Ana
SUSANNE
widukind
Kikimalou
Wilorvise
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
costicuba
HKHollinstone
sauroid
Kristie
Dutch Bear
persefone
blackdanter
sadie3112
lucky luke
JonasV
CilleDK
DaveScriv
landrover
75senta75
ulinuk
scot(t)
Tiermann
weaselfan93
smallscaleworld
LeeAnn
NandO
Saarlooswolfhound
76 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 23 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2020 2:49 am

Yes, Kosta, Susanne knitted it for me! I think the last time someone knitted something for me it was my Mother almost 40 years ago. Laughing
Oh, I haven't checked the website of Safari because I've found that name so silly. Though, being it Blaine, I should take it more seriously. They should call it Safari Megafauna, they only release large animals, red panda and foxes are the smaller animals but they are megafauna anyway and their sizes are Mega too. Laughing Also, WW sounds like the name of the World Wars, SM goes for Super Mario, a very marketable name. geek  

Back to my foxes. Here is a picture with my three Lineol foxes, all IV generation.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 23 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2020 3:08 am

Susanne made this knitted fox just great ! Applause A very special gift :)
Actually Safari Megafauna sounds very good :)

And this is a wonderful Lineol trio cheers

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 23 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 7:10 pm

Applause Applause

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 23 EmptySat Jan 01, 2022 10:05 pm

2021 was once more a great year for my collection of foxes and again, thanks to the fantastic friends of this forum! cheers
I got completely lost with my collection and this topic must be updated. I am so sorry for that, I will try to udate it slowly, maybe one figure per day, it my be boring but that's the only way I can do it now.
I will need your help with some models because after all this time, I already deleted some messages with the information provided. pale
Some of the new additions are really very special and I will start with this very rare model that I received as a gift (with others) from Isabella, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  flower
There was a big journey before this figure joined my collection but fortunately everything ended well.
One of the reasons why this fox is hard to get is because it belongs to a set, namely the Fox Hunting Gift Set, where this fox was sold together with a horse and a dog.
You can find more information on Identify Your Breyer Website.

It is a traditional scale model, 1:9, thus quite close to what we know from the standard brands.
It is made of a misterious material, much heavier than pvc and I really have never seen another Breyer model made of this material.
Below a comparison picture with the Papo Arctic Hare made in Portugal. Wink

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 23 EmptySat Jan 01, 2022 10:11 pm

Gorgeous fox! A rare beauty I've never seen before Very Happy Congrats!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 23 EmptySat Jan 01, 2022 10:53 pm

Oh my goodness, such a great model! Congratulations and hurray for all the help to get it!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 23 EmptySat Jan 01, 2022 11:20 pm

Congratulations on getting such a unique model! I've seen him as part of the set, but never in person and never just all by himself, I quite like the idea of the fox without the hunt. Wink Those Lineol foxes are stunning also, wow! Like watercolor paintings.
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 1:15 am

It is very detailed , I want this figure very much.

Big congrats. cheers cheers

George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 10:24 am

We're the opposite, I have the horse in my collection, but not the fox!
The hunt set was re-released, without the red fox model, after hunting was banned here. Hunting as a sport is still popular, but converted to following artificial laid trails, so it's more like a social cross-country ride with hounds - I know a couple of riders who took it up only after the ban, as a fun thing to do with a brave fast horse now it doesn't involve harming wildlife.
I'm not sure if the foxless box was a UK special edition, IdentifyYourBreyer doesn't mention it - perhaps Breyer specially packaged the sets which were going to be sold here to be just horse and hound, so it didn't look like they were promoting something which'd become illegal?

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 11:16 am

Very nice fox, to sad for me that Breyer prefer to produce horse figures :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 12:28 pm

That is a beautiful rare fox and even more wonderful that it was a gift! sunny cheers I am so excited to watch this topic, it's so nice to see it updated! Very Happy And this beautiful model is the perfect one to start with!
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 12:54 pm

Thanks everyone, that's surely one of the most exciting fox acquisitions of 2021 but more will be shown and the hunting subject will continue, fortunately in a different perspective. Wink

George wrote:
We're the opposite, I have the horse in my collection, but not the fox!
The hunt set was re-released, without the red fox model, after hunting was banned here. Hunting as a sport is still popular, but converted to following artificial laid trails, so it's more like a social cross-country ride with hounds - I know a couple of riders who took it up only after the ban, as a fun thing to do with a brave fast horse now it doesn't involve harming wildlife.
I'm not sure if the foxless box was a UK special edition, IdentifyYourBreyer doesn't mention it - perhaps Breyer specially packaged the sets which were going to be sold here to be just horse and hound, so it didn't look like they were promoting something which'd become illegal?

This set was available from 2001 to 2003 what is probably the period where the fox hunting subject was being discussed in the UK. I've just read it was banned in 2002 in Scotland and in 2005 in England.
Stupidly, it is still legal in my country, that is a small thing here, nothing comparable with what happened in the UK but it is surely something I don't feel proud about.
I know this is different in USA but usually these fox hunting sets are found in vintage brands, really very old models, it is surprising to see the subject in a XXI century release.

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 1:24 pm

I've just done some googling cos I was curious (and a bit sad I didn't get the fox with mine! Laughing ), and there was a 'UK exclusive' release of this set, though I can't track down what years it was available it was definitely just the horse and hound. There's an old page still online as a discontinued item here, which includes the little paragraph of sales text Breyer provided to go with the picture.

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 2:02 pm

Ohh, what a lovely fox ! Breyer makes such charming wildlife models cheers cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 4:16 pm

Less dramatic but still controversial, are knockoffs. Laughing
though, even if I do not promote them, I really think a few are unavoidable.
Animal Paradise is probably the most famous knockoffer of this hobby. I already have the Schleich copies but this model is different.
What we see here is a knockoff of the Safari Wildlife Wonders Arctic Fox but painted as a red fox.
The mould is clearly for an Arctic fox and it does not work for a red fox.
Though, the final result is attractive. They even missed the white tip on tail but there's something appealing on this model.
Curiously, it is made of heavy pvc being much heavier than the original model that is hollow.
I asked our Bulgarian friend Kosta, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], to help me getting this model and he ended giving it to me with other surprises I'll show later.

Here a comparison picture with the original from Safari Ltd

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 4:25 pm

What a glorious gift !! cheers

Hurraay, for the generous Kosta Applause

I agree that this model is precous, perhaps most because it is so clearly a copy, which makes me think it is not so much cheating Wink

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 5:56 pm

Congratulations

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 7:11 pm

Roger wrote:

It is a traditional scale model, 1:9, thus quite close to what we know from the standard brands.
It is made of a misterious material, much heavier than pvc and I really have never seen another Breyer model made of this material.

Beautiful Breyer fox, congratulations Roger! cheers
Do you also have any of the Copperfox foxes? I think they made one or two.
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 10:18 pm

Lovely fox, I always find it interesting to see copies and how they vary from the original! study
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 10:42 pm

Thanks friends! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], knockoffs are really interesting when they are made of a good material and painted in different colors.I think some dog knockoffs, if painted with a realistic color to the breed that is different from the original, could be a good addition to your collection. Though, I insist that it is not recommendable to buy knockoffs instead of the originals.

[quote="Ana"]
Roger wrote:

Beautiful Breyer fox, congratulations Roger! cheers
Do you also have any of the Copperfox foxes? I think they made one or two.

No, I don't have any Copperfox. Actually, I don't know too much about them, I've read somewhere the brand finished production and now their models are selling for prohibitive prices, at least their horses.

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 11:26 pm

I like the Breyer a lot! cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 23 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 1:14 pm

Yowie USA, released in 2019 its 6th series called, Colors of the Animal Kingdom.
There was a red fox and Isabella, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] found one for me. Very Happy
Yowie USA figures are really beautiful and I enjoy that they come with a tag with some information about the animal replicated.
I am sharing the text after the pictures.

English text on tag, information is also provided in Spanish and French:

Red Fox (Vulpes vulpes)  

A cunning creature  

This canine is native to Europe, Asia, and North America, feeding on rodents,  rabbits, birds, and other small game.  
- Foxes use their tails to help with balance  When born, foxes have fur that is grey or brown  
- Their hearing is excellent, they can hear quiet sounds such as rodents digging  

Least Concern

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 23 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 2:35 pm

Wonderful additions cheers cheers -I especially like the Breyer fox.

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 23 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 5:26 pm

Lovely Yowie fox and it is so nice that it comes with information too! cheers
I definitely agree about knockoffs, much better to buy the originals but if I do ever come across them I sometimes pick them up, repainting them to look like another breed is a good idea! cheers
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 23 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 6:04 pm

Such a fine, little foxie cat cheers

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!
Page 23 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28 ... 33  Next