Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!

Go down 
+72
pipsxlch
rogerpgvg
Jill
Caracal
Taos
Stripedhyena
Concavenator
Mitsukuni
Burgerenby
Bonnie
George
Joliezac
alarikh
Advicot
spacelab
RtasVadumee
tjjtjjtjja
Steve170
Pardofelis
bmathison1972
Megaptera
Jolly Reaper
Catman
Florian
jarda
kessan
LindsyCreedon
Tylosaurus
Iuri97
castlerigg
barracudacat
Anne from Norway
WhiteLightning Wolf
elephas_maximus
Brunno
Bowhead Whale
WILLYBACOMAN
Bluemoonvixen
ezra18
Chris Sweetman
Roger
NightLioness
Tarunyada
skysthelimit
Ana
SUSANNE
widukind
Kikimalou
Wilorvise
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
costicuba
HKHollinstone
sauroid
Kristie
Dutch Bear
persefone
blackdanter
sadie3112
lucky luke
JonasV
CilleDK
DaveScriv
landrover
75senta75
ulinuk
scot(t)
Tiermann
weaselfan93
smallscaleworld
LeeAnn
NandO
Saarlooswolfhound
76 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 24 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 7:56 pm

Nice new foxes Rogério. The Breyer is especially charming drunken
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 24 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 1:03 am

Susanne must enter the Record Guiness Book as the person that finds more foxes for my collection. Laughing
Here a famous Schleich and she is already finding a tail for another Schleich for my collection. cheers
I always had huge expectations about Schleich for a fennec.
In my idea, it was a perfect animal to complement their range and their style.
2021 Schleich finally released a fennec, the cutest canid of the world should be part of their collection.
Unfortunately I was completely wrong, I don't even know what to tell about this figure.
I like it but if I was choosing only the most realistic for my collection, this fennec wouldn't have any chances! affraid

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here a comparison with the Papo model, they have the same exact weight.
Compare the texture, how Papo sculpt is more delicate especially on legs/paws  and how Papo got the foxy fur with nicer colors.

Now that's what ªI don't understand. My Papo is not perfect but what face is that of the Schleich figure? What's the meaning? Is it cute? Laughing

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 24 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 1:31 am

Nice fenec of course.

Hurray for both Roger and Susanne. cheers cheers

Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 24 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 8:05 am

The Schleich one looks like it's out of this world.
An interesting figure for sure.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 24 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 3:21 pm

Yes, that's an alien fox. Laughing
I have to hurry up my presentations or I won't get it finished. Laughing

If I got the first Breyer and Isabella joined the team of friends who contributed to my collection of foxes, Juplay was also another brand that entered my collection throught Ricardo [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

It is a figure that belongs to an animal series, available in Spain, 1980's, through weekly fascicles.
This figure is made of pvc and sized like major brands' red foxes.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 24 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 6:05 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 24 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 8:00 pm

The eyes on that schleich really are something. Shocked Interesting comparisons, the Papo one is really great, though both do have their charm.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 24 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 10:04 pm

Good to see that there are still more foxes for you to collect. Both the Schleich and Papo seem a little bit "off", one has too large eyes and the others eyes are too small. But the Schleich has cuteness on its side, so I like it even though it isn't completely right. Do you have the Eikoh? It seem very good.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 24 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 11:15 pm

Yes Roger, I have the Eikoh, one of my favorite and the model I recomend to everyone.
I always update the first page of this topic as long I'm posting.
Here a comparison picture with fennecs roughly at the same scale.
... is there a favorite one? Laughing

CollectA, Yowie USA, Ale, Papo, Eikoh, Schleich, Yowie AU.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 24 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2022 8:23 am

What a gorgeous photo drunken cheers

Roger wrote:

CollectA, Yowie USA, Ale, Papo, Eikoh, Schleich, Yowie AU.

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 24 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2022 9:51 am

Thanks Susanne flower Fennecs are unbeatable! Laughing
Now a pair of small Arctic foxes.
Other two new USA brands that entered my collection of foxes and again through Isabella @Mitsucuni, were these two wellknown but illusive tube sized Arctic foxes.
Isabella besides a very generous person, she is also very good finding this kind of figures.
The Club Earth from the Arctic set, and the Innovative Kids model from the Arctic ChillGroovie Book.
They are about the same size as you can see on picture below.

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 24 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2022 2:10 pm

I love the group photo of the fennecs, I think the Yowies USA one is my favourite of the selection - love the pose and the expression on those ears! The big-eyed one looks fennextra-terrestrial Laughing

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 24 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2022 5:46 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 24 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2022 5:52 pm

I love all those fennec foxes!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 24 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2022 6:23 pm

Lovely little foxes, - and being so rarely seen, they are true gems for your collection cheers

Hurraaay for the wonderful Isabella Applause sunny

Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 24 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2022 9:33 pm

Love the collection of Fennecs!!Do you not have the UK Yowies sitting Fennec?I would be surprised if you didn't Smile

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 24 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2022 9:48 pm

Great fennec comparison. Interestingly, I prefer the Eikoh and Yowie to the major brands. The new polar foxes are great. I don't suppose a polar fox in summer coat has ever been made?

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 24 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2022 11:23 pm

I really like that Club Earth arctic fox, and I feel I can often relate to the expression on the Innovative Kids fox. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 24 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2022 11:25 pm

Thanks friends! cheers

George wrote:
I love the group photo of the fennecs, I think the Yowies USA one is my favourite of the selection - love the pose and the expression on those ears! The big-eyed one looks fennextra-terrestrial Laughing

Laughing You're good finding scientific names. Actually those eyes are big fenestrations.

Taos wrote:
Love the collection of Fennecs!!Do you not have the UK Yowies sitting Fennec?I would be surprised if you didn't Smile

Yes, I have the UK Yowie, one of my first fennecs, I got it a long time ago from Harriete.

Eikoh, Yowie USA and Yowie UK

rogerpgvg wrote:
Great fennec comparison. Interestingly, I prefer the Eikoh and Yowie to the major brands. The new polar foxes are great. I don't suppose a polar fox in summer coat has ever been made?

First Schleich Artic fox generation (old picture) is clearly sculpted over a Summer-coated one but with the white color of the Winter coat. White color sells better. So, it is not officially a Summer coat.

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 24 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 12:31 pm

So many wonderful fox additions, your collection is so comprehensive already that I can't believe there are more to find, but it's amazing that there always seem to be more foxes to discover! Very Happy I love the photo of all the Fennecs, and actually really like the Yowie USA one! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 24 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 12:36 pm

I enjoy reading about your favorite fennecs. It seems the Yowie USA is getting some appreciation.

Continuing with fox figures I received from Isabella [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Today's fox is this extremely old Johillco fox with duck, I don't know when it was released, maybe a prewar figure.
It is made of lead and represents a fox hunting a duck. On TAW we can see it is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] belongs to the farm series.
I don't think it is an innocent model, there are Johillco human figures in fox hunting costumes and the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of the same series is a Fox Terrier. Laughing
It is obviously a figure that intends to represent the fox as the devil farm hunter, the nightmare of all farmers. Basically, promoting the fox hunting as a useful sports.
Curiously, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is a fox running, typical pose for fox hunting sets,.
I'd say foxes were culturally not heavily demonized as wolves but they also suffered a noticiable negative propaganda.
Despite of it, I really enjoy these figures, they won't change anything and they are pieces with cultural significance.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 24 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 6:55 pm

cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 24 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 7:00 pm

It seems like fox hunting sets used to be quite popular. I think Britains also made a set in metal; I don't know what their fox looked like.

The Eikoh and Yowie fennecs look good. Interestingly, better than those by the major brands (in my opinion).

I don't suppose any company has dared to make a polar fox in a proper summer coat?
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 24 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 9:48 pm

So many fantastic new foxes, I love those arctics! The US, UK yowies and the Eikoh are my favorite fennecs.

That last one though I like the most. Running away with his dinner he looks so clever!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 24 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 4:02 pm

Lovely foxes again, especially fennecs and arctic foxes.  Very Happy

Ana wrote:

Beautiful Breyer fox, congratulations Roger! cheers
Do you also have any of the Copperfox foxes? I think they made one or two.
Roger wrote:

No, I don't have any Copperfox. Actually, I don't know too much about them, I've read somewhere the brand finished production and now their models are selling for prohibitive prices, at least their horses.

The original Copperfox company was closed a few years ago and then all the molds and rights were sold to a collector in the USA. The new owner is trying to revive the production but seemingly they had some trouble due to the pandemic. I've found some information about their foxes here, I don't think any of them is available at the moment. In general, they have two molds: one Traditional sized and one mini in a number of colors [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!
Page 24 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 33  Next