Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023

Go down 
+9
Jill
Saarlooswolfhound
landrover
Roger
bmathison1972
rogerpgvg
Taos
widukind
Kikimalou
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023 Empty
PostSubject: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023 EmptySat Mar 25, 2023 9:12 pm

After visiting floors [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]of my collection, I invite you to discover something different.
We are going to leave the ”standard scales” which are between 1/10 and 1/40 to land at the 1/4 floor.
Here my collection is much smaller, it only counts 40 individuals.
In the toys realm, we are on the scale of classic dolls.
The problems here are no longer the same as in the scales presented previously.
At 1/18 a human of 1m80 measures 10 cm, at 1/20 he measures 9cm and at 1/15 he reaches 12cm. Between 1/15 and 1/20, the difference is only 3cm.
At 1/4, he measures 45cm, at the next higher scale, the 1/3, he would measure 60cm and at 1/5 he would not rise higher than 30cm. Between 1/3 and 1/5 we go from simple to double.
the consequence of all this is, for most miniatures, I have no choice between several scales, rare are the species with a size disparity of such magnitude.

With 40 residents, the geographical presentation is less significant as we will see, it is still possible but no more than a more taxonomic presentation or of the "joyful organized mess" type.
Indeed, there is no longer any question of showing different biotopes of the same continent, the geography is much more basic.

Africa, two species only: Yujin Jackson's chameleon female and K&M Fischer’s chameleon.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

North America: Ikimon Axolotl, Schleich Eastern chipmunk, Safari Ltd Bonytail chub, Kaiyodo Eastern Coral Snake and Yujin Black-knobbed map turtle.

South America: Yujin Common Surinam toad, Famemaster Toco toucan and CollectA Long-tailed chinchilla.

Asia: Furuta White-bellied green pigeon, Kaiyodo Siberian Flying Squirrel, CollectA Green tree python, Kaiyodo Pika and Fairy pitta.

Australia: S&N Eastern brown snake, CollectA Bearded dragon and Safari Ltd Platypus.

Europe: Kaiyodo Great spotted woodpecker and a female Least weasel in white coat.

Japan: Kaiyodo Muennink's spiny rat, Japanese striped snake, Colorata Okinawa woodpecker, Kaiyodo Mamushi and Yujin Japanese common toad.

Japan rivers and lakes: Kaiyodo Fourspine sculpin and Black Kokanee

Madagascar loneliness: Yujin Panther chameleon.

Octopus garden: CollectA common octopus, Papo Common starfish, Kaiyodo Blotchy swellshark young, Yujin Yellow tang, Yellow longnose butterflyfish and Kaiyodo Red-streaked Box Crab.

Palaeozoic: CollectA Redlichia rex (Cambrian) and Kaiyodo Bothriolepis (Devonian).

For Rogério, even here you will find some dinosaurs !

Jurassic and Triassic: Kaiyodo Sinemys gamera, PNSO Tianyulong, Anchiornis and Odontochelys.

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:27 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023 EmptySat Mar 25, 2023 9:12 pm

A few more pics

Birds

Mammals

Reptiles and frogs

Snakes

Swimmers
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023 EmptySat Mar 25, 2023 10:04 pm

Lovely figures. Good old STS memories

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023 EmptySat Mar 25, 2023 10:19 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023 EmptySat Mar 25, 2023 10:45 pm

Great to see such a small scale. Lots of beautiful models here too. I really like the Kaiyodo crab. No elephants? Wink

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023 EmptySat Mar 25, 2023 11:55 pm

Wonderful pics, but the Yujin Jackson's chameleon isn't a female, it's a baby/hatchling
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023 EmptySun Mar 26, 2023 12:15 am

I was not expecting to see so many figures at this large scale.
Again, it surprises me to see how some creatures are much smaller or larger than I ever thought, especially the chipmunk.
To give an idea,the most popular Barbie dolls are at 1:6 scale, so all of these are too large to the fashion doll although recently even Barbie received larger pieces at 1:4 scale to accommodate more detailed clothes.
Wonderful to see extinct dinosaurs also at this scale and I enjoy so much the last pictures.

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023 EmptySun Mar 26, 2023 5:22 am

Okinawa woodpecker, Pigeon and other birds are splendid,

Congratulations cheers cheers

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023 EmptySun Mar 26, 2023 7:39 am

It is just so neat scroll past a photo of birds, once past you realize it had something strange, scroll back up, and concede it was correct all along. Very Happy

Fantastic photos as always my friend!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023 EmptySun Mar 26, 2023 5:15 pm

widukind wrote:
Lovely figures. Good old STS memories

Indeed Very Happy

Taos wrote:

rogerpgvg wrote:
Great to see such a small scale. Lots of beautiful models here too. I really like the Kaiyodo crab. No elephants? Wink

Not even an elephant shrew Laughing

bmathison1972 wrote:
Wonderful pics, but the Yujin Jackson's chameleon isn't a female, it's a baby/hatchling

Of course you're right, when I bought him in the 2000s, he had been sold to me as a female, it was a little wrong but I told myself that I doubted for lack of knowledge. At that time the web was much less provided than today. There, reading your comment: but damn it, it's obvious Palmface Laughing

Roger wrote:
I was not expecting to see so many figures at this large scale.
Again, it surprises me to see how some creatures are much smaller or larger than I ever thought, especially the chipmunk.
To give an idea,the most popular Barbie dolls are at 1:6 scale, so all of these are too large to the fashion doll although recently even Barbie received larger pieces at 1:4 scale to accommodate more detailed clothes.
Wonderful to see extinct dinosaurs also at this scale and I enjoy so much the last pictures.

Eastern chipmunks are around 30cm long including tail, the Schleich one is 1/4.3 scale but I don't have a display for that scale Laughing so I let this poor animal here as a 28cm long Eastern chipmunk.

Indeed 1/4 is the scale of 45cm dolls. As for the last photo, I'm suspicious, I know how Portuguese people often want to find a box with oil to put fish in. Laughing

landrover wrote:
Okinawa woodpecker, Pigeon and other birds are splendid,

Congratulations cheers cheers

Thank you Fernando Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
It is just so neat scroll past a photo of birds, once past you realize it had something strange, scroll back up, and concede it was correct all along. Very Happy

Fantastic photos as always my friend!

Something strange, you mean the Anchiornis ?
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023 EmptySun Mar 26, 2023 5:29 pm

I love how many reptiles and amphibians are in this scale collection. Really nice models, many I have never seen before. I really need to look in Japanese models someday, but I am afraid I will not ever make it back out again once I do. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023 EmptySun Mar 26, 2023 9:28 pm

Yes Kiki, your dino bird fits right in with his descendants whom have inherited the earth.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023 EmptySun Mar 26, 2023 9:51 pm

Jill wrote:
I love how many reptiles and amphibians are in this scale collection. Really nice models, many I have never seen before. I really need to look in Japanese models someday, but I am afraid I will not ever make it back out again once I do. Laughing

Yes, the way of Japan is very dangerous, some never come back. If you like amphibians I guess my 1/1 collection will delight you Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Yes Kiki, your dino bird fits right in with his descendants whom have inherited the earth.

Wink
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023 EmptySun Mar 26, 2023 10:16 pm

I really like the Okinawa woodpecker, the toad, as well as the adult chameleon Very Happy Applause cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023 EmptySun Mar 26, 2023 10:31 pm

lucky luke wrote:
I really like the Okinawa woodpecker, the toad, as well as the adult chameleon   Very Happy  Applause  cheers  drunken

Et c'est tout ? Laughing Thank you Jean-Luc cheers
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023 EmptySun Mar 26, 2023 11:39 pm

interesting to see the group photos sizes, especially the mammals.
I really love this piece - Kaiyodo Bothriolepis
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023 EmptyMon Mar 27, 2023 8:23 am

sunny wrote:

At last someone likes my mammals... and the Bothriolepis Very Happy Too many reptiles, fish and birds addicts here Laughing
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023 EmptyTue Mar 28, 2023 12:07 am

Very interesting to see different species at the same scale! cheers cheers

I am tempted by this Mojo green python! bounce
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023 EmptyTue Mar 28, 2023 2:46 pm

Fantastic collection! I love the group photos of all the birds together and all the mammals together Very Happy
I wasn't familiar with the Ikimon Axolotl model. It looks amazing Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023 EmptyTue Mar 28, 2023 9:35 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
sunny wrote:

At last someone likes my mammals... and the Bothriolepis Very Happy  Too many reptiles, fish and birds addicts here Laughing

I like the mammals too. I always like mammals, but I just thought the Kaiyodo crab was particularly good.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023 EmptyTue Mar 28, 2023 9:49 pm

Indeed it is, the whole crab series is great, even if they aren't at the same scale.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/4 shelves - updated March 25 2023
Page 1 of 1