Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Not quite a model...

Go down 
+12
Shanti
sadie3112
Kikimalou
Ana
Zelvik
NandO
JonasV
LeeAnn
Fisva
widukind
SUSANNE
Wilorvise
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

Not quite a model...  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 6:46 pm

Okay, well, too late now.  One broken tooth and ear later, it'd baked.  My story is it was an epic fight.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 1:36 am

Laura, are you reading "le Petit Prince"? So that's a snake, right! Laughing
Interesting to see all your works, it seems you're enjoying a lot. Very Happy
Oh, let me guess, your smilodon is a walrus, am I guessing? flower

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 1:44 am

Roger wrote:

It's been ages, since I read it, Roger. Smile

I had gotten some Sculpey(original), mostly to see what it was like. It reminds me of playdough. I had fun, but I'm glad you're finding my land walrus interesting :)

Though I think I'm done. I just can't get the faces right. And my patience lasts 12 hours, after which I give up.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 12:47 am

Wilorvise wrote:
Roger wrote:

It's been ages, since I read it, Roger.  Smile

I had gotten some Sculpey(original), mostly to see what it was like.  It reminds me of playdough.  I had fun, but I'm glad you're finding my land walrus interesting :)  

Though I think I'm done.  I just can't get the faces right. And my patience lasts 12 hours, after which I give up.

12 hours? Shocked Please don't give up. Just make a little, then inthe other day another small part and like that. Try a Guinea pig or so but just don't give up. Very Happy

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 6:28 am

Roger wrote:
Wilorvise wrote:

Though I think I'm done.  I just can't get the faces right. And my patience lasts 12 hours, after which I give up.

12 hours? Shocked Please don't give up. Just make a little, then inthe other day another small part and like that. Try a Guinea pig or so but just don't give up. Very Happy

Oh, I mean, I give up on that particular one. I'm trying a wombat, for a friend, maybe, if I get it right.

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 1:12 am

Thanks to Zelvik who's own wombat may have inspired, and helped me get past the mental block where I was getting the head completely wrong. Yours was indeed much better, but hey, my friend's good at thinking of the thought that counts. Very Happy  And much better at painting. If I ever remember to send it to her. Sending things is not my strong point.

Wombat:

Last edited by Wilorvise on Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 8:13 am

So cute! cheers cheers

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 9:43 am

Lovely wombat!!! Congratulations!! cheers Will you paint him? Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 11:33 am

Thanks Jonas, Ana. No intentions of painting myself. Though I suspect my friend might when I finally send it to her eons from now.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 1:27 am

Wilorvise wrote:
Roger wrote:
Wilorvise wrote:

Oh, I mean, I give up on that particular one.  I'm trying a wombat, for a friend, maybe, if I get it right.  

Oh Laura! Very Happy I am glad you're working in a wombat, it is looking great and it is also an excelent idea. I'd love to see it painted by you or by your friend. Very Happy

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 8:30 pm

Aww, Thanks Roger. I'll let you know if she ever paints it. Assuming it gets there without incident. :)

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 8:25 am

So, as I'm trying to respect people's privacy on the internet. Very Happy
My cousin posted a picture of her and her new horse.

After many failed attempts, I sketched the idea of what it looked like:

Pretty sure that's as far as I'm getting.  But I figured it was fun enough to try to mess with a little bit :

Ah well, I'm pretty sure I'm done with it since horses aren't my thing, but thought it might amuse you. Very Happy

P.s. Sorry the pictures are so blurry.

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 12:08 pm

Laura you said you can't draw a horse! That's a nice image cheers
You did very nice job with the head! So you won't paint it? Very Happy

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 2:30 pm

jonesee wrote:

I may have put the paper up to the screen and attempted to trace it before I succeeded   lol!  Laughing

Thanks.  I'd have to bake it first. And I don't have paints. Because I have a little one who likes eating things that go unattended for any length... A great explorer who is bound to find some unique food, someday. flower

But if I ever consider shipping things to Finland, I'll let you know. santa  Don't hold your breath. I still haven't sent my sisters birthday presents. And they live in the States.  And that was a few months ago.

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 2:58 pm

Wilorvise wrote:
jonesee wrote:

I may have put the paper up to the screen and attempted to trace it before I succeeded   lol!  Laughing

Thanks.  I'd have to bake it first. And I don't have paints. Because I have a little one who likes eating things that go unattended for any length... A great explorer who is bound to find some unique food, someday. flower

But if I ever consider shipping things to Finland, I'll let you know. santa  Don't hold your breath. I still haven't sent my sisters birthday presents. And they live in the States.  And that was a few months ago.

lol! That's not illegal I guess - not even in US Laughing

Oh yeah, I heard about that little hamster... better keep all the things safe distance from the kids Very Happy
haha Laughing

That sounds very good just if you don't send us snow. Or the Santa Claus. Razz

Ps. Just like me. Don't worry -.*

Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 3:15 pm

Nope, I'll leave the Santa Clauses in their Shopping Malls. Snow? Snow? You're closer to the N. Pole/artic region than I! We just hit fall here a few weeks back. There is no snow to send.

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 8:11 pm

Say Scot(t)'s pic of the weird face and figured, huh, wonder if I can make that face.

May or may not work on more... or just disassemble. It's a tossup what'll happen. Almost out of clay though, so that's a factor too.

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 10:04 am

Laura I am so sorry that I missed this, I have been so busy drunken
You have done such an impressive job on that tapirs head, I love you I love all your other models Applause
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 9:36 pm

Okay, I give up. Plus my Malayan tapir wandered off somewhere and it just wasn't as much fun without them talking about stuff.=. So I baked it. Because now I don't have to deal with it ever again. Mwahaha!

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 9:49 pm

Aww one more drunken Soo cute Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 3:37 am

Guess I forgot to include that one.
In the meantime, the son has managed to carefully drop it and part of an ear is missing. The rest of the ear and one toe are glued on. See, my models are fleeting :)

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 7:42 am

drunken I just keep liking it Very Happy cheers You make the most cutest animals!

Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 7:58 am

Jonas you're always so very supportive.

Are you trying to wear me down on the international shipping? Wink lol!

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 9:13 am

Lovely work!!! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Fisva

Fisva

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 9:18 am

Looks good!!!!! cheers cheers cheers

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Not quite a model...
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next