Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari 2015 catalog pics

Go down 
+60
smilodoncalifornicus
Kikimalou
Ludichris1
donhill
PeGe
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
Bloodrayne
Sheepish
Roger
baltimore zoo
Damon
Tiermann
Lady_Dovahkiin
Juan Andrés
MARTINLATIN
sphyrna18
Kiryuha
Kristie
lucky luke
Sergey
Numa
LorenzoItaly
SyLoBe
Duck-Anch-Amun
shadoweon
Wilorvise
Deseo
LukaLeon085
scot(t)
ken yeo
SeanieP
MartinH
Predino
apichartu
SommoDracorex
Dutch Bear
A.R.Garcia
weaselfan93
Tupolew Tu-154
Saien
Joan Milelire
donny ong
signatus
Geospiza fortis
john2xtheman
Takama
orcagirl26
NightLioness
JonasV
LeeAnn
stecal
Florian
trevok4
Bonobo
Ana
persefone
arafan
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
skysthelimit
64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Country/State : Russia

Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 8 EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 5:41 am

Lady_Dovahkiin wrote:
Does Safari have any new horses this year ?

I think no. We just have only scans of new catalogue and some detailed photos, but there is no any horse — only Unicorn and two Pegasuses.
Back to top Go down
http://schwarzwolfin.deviantart.com/
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 8 EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 6:16 am

Bloodrayne wrote:
The tail feathers are my favourite part.

My thought exactly Simone.
Back to top Go down
trevok4

trevok4

Country/State : london UK

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 8 EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 5:22 pm

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin wrote:
Lady_Dovahkiin wrote:
Does Safari have any new horses this year ?

I think no. We just have only scans of new catalogue

where are the catalogue scans

PeGe

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 9:13 am

Hmm,...did the black Jaguar turn into a Cougar? i really hope the real Jaguar is at least looking close to what the promo pic suggests, regularly, there is a big difference talking about the paintjob, which looks alittle too impossible to be industrially produced...... don't likte the bears, but Coyote looks nice, nurse and tiger shar are amazing, i like the young Thommy and the walking Koala.and for some reasons..... The burning horse Very Happy

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 6:23 pm

PeGe wrote:
Hmm,...did the black Jaguar turn into a Cougar? i really hope the real Jaguar is at least looking close to what the promo pic suggests, regularly, there is a big difference talking about the paintjob, which looks alittle too impossible to be industrially produced...... don't likte the bears, but Coyote looks nice, nurse and tiger shar are amazing, i like the young Thommy and the walking Koala.and for some reasons..... The burning horse Very Happy

Yes, unfortunately the Wildlife Wonders Black Jaguar is now a Puma. Not sure why they felt that was a more appropriate change than, say, a normally colored Jaguar, but oh well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
donhill

donhill

Country/State : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 11:31 am

PeGe wrote:
i really hope the real Jaguar is at least looking close to what the promo pic suggests, regularly, there is a big difference talking about the paintjob, which looks alittle too impossible to be industrially produced

Yes it probably won't be as good a paint job on the real product but even so it's the most jaguar-like jaguar from a major brand so far (that I'm aware of). It will be very interesting to see it for real.
Back to top Go down
Ludichris1

Ludichris1

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 1:50 am

I think there's another page of dragons missing on the first page
Back to top Go down
smilodoncalifornicus

smilodoncalifornicus

Country/State : USA Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 3:51 pm

Geospiza fortis wrote:
Good to see all the new figures. I always like additions to the WS Wildlife line. A bit disappointed with the puma, though, as it looks like a retooled or repainted black jaguar/leopard

I agree with you on the Puma...How in the world could a figure that was initially sculpted as a Jaguar just be repainted and then call it a Puma? The Jaguar & Puma are not anything alike in body type at all.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 4:00 pm

scot(t) wrote:
Carnegie Velociraptor

(I did tweak the feet so that it stands without the support of the tail. The trunk and the head are not quite as upright as they were when it was leaning back on its tail, but I'm okay with that cost in favor of having the model stand on its feet alone.)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I guess it is time for a walkaround Scott Wink
Back to top Go down
smilodoncalifornicus

smilodoncalifornicus

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 4:04 pm

sphyrna18 wrote:
PeGe wrote:

Yes, unfortunately the Wildlife Wonders Black Jaguar is now a Puma.  Not sure why they felt that was a more appropriate change than, say, a normally colored Jaguar, but oh well.  

I find it more of a ridiculous change, taking a Jaguar sculpting, and then just changing the color scheme and calling it a Puma... they are totally opposite cats in morphology. As you said, they could have just used that Black Jaguar sculpting and did a spotted Jaguar version with it.
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 6:21 pm

smilodoncalifornicus wrote:
sphyrna18 wrote:
PeGe wrote:

Yes, unfortunately the Wildlife Wonders Black Jaguar is now a Puma.  Not sure why they felt that was a more appropriate change than, say, a normally colored Jaguar, but oh well.  

I find it more of a ridiculous change,  taking a Jaguar sculpting, and then just changing the color scheme  and calling it a Puma... they are totally opposite cats in morphology.  As you said, they could have just used that Black Jaguar sculpting and did a spotted Jaguar version with it.

I would assume that Safari got a specific request for a Wildlife Wonders Puma and they either weren't willing to or didn't have time to commission a new sculpt. A lot of their releases, if not most, are done as requests from zoos or institutions; I would assume that's the case here, and it was a last minute addition.
Back to top Go down
smilodoncalifornicus

smilodoncalifornicus

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 6:30 pm

sphyrna18 wrote:
sphyrna18 wrote:
PeGe wrote:

I find it more of a ridiculous change,  taking a Jaguar sculpting, and then just changing the color scheme  and calling it a Puma... they are totally opposite cats in morphology.  As you said, they could have just used that Black Jaguar sculpting and did a spotted Jaguar version with it.

I would assume that Safari got a specific request for a Wildlife Wonders Puma and they either weren't willing to or didn't have time to commission a new sculpt. A lot of their releases, if not most, are done as requests from zoos or institutions; I would assume that's the case here, and it was a last minute addition.

Well that all is above my understanding of how they come up with the decisions to do a new figure. What I do know is that a Puma is a far cry from a Jaguar, so its to bad that they did this for those that want a accurate figurine of a Cougar.
Back to top Go down
smilodoncalifornicus

smilodoncalifornicus

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 7:05 pm

sphyrna18 wrote:
I have to say, I didn't know about the Wildlife Wonders "Puma" - No, Safari.  No No No No No.  As Abe Lincoln said, "If you call a dog's tail a leg, how many legs does a dog have? A dog has 4 legs; calling the tail a leg does not make it a leg."  Safari, pay attention.  Painting a jaguar to look like a Puma and calling it a Puma does NOT make it a Puma.  It is still a Jaguar.  Sad.

But the Wildlife Wonders Coyote is a bright spot.  Safari tends to excel at making wild dogs - even though their Fennec Fox more accurately depicts a Blanford's Fox, it does so very well (again, calling it a Fennec doesn't make it so).  It's nice to see Coyotes getting some attention, especially in the Wildlife Wonders.  It gives me hope that we may someday see some lesser kittehs in the line, too.

The new Wild Safari Wildlife Jaguar and Black Jaguar....  Applause  Applause  Applause .  Beautiful.  I'm seriously geeking out over how good they look.

The Aardvark reissue was inevitable, sorry Lance.  I had heard they got a lot of requests to re-release it.  People didn't want a new figure; they were actually requesting the retired one.  Safari is aware of secondary market values of some of their figures; whether they knew the Aardvark was valuable or not, I don't know, but I do know that if they see enough interest in a retired figure, and the mold is still in good condition, they are going to re-release that figure.  That's just good business.

To that end, though, someone needs to slap them.  Slap someone.  The Mudpuppy.  For the love of all things holy, why?!? Glow in the dark?!?!  C'mon, Man!

Finally Safari seems to have realized that their current Grizzly Bear sucks.  Thankfully, they are remedying that with what appears to be an excellent new WS NAW figure.  Nice to see the intro of a female Moose and calf.  The Male appears to be an improvement, as well.

Sadly, the "frog" is... well, sad.  I've always found it ridiculous that the Life Cycle figures weren't available outside those sets; but the Frog?  Not their strongest figure.  BUT - Safari does have a tendency to retire/resculpt poorly executed figures within their Wild Safari line.... maybe that will happen quickly for this poor chap as well.

Nice to see Hidden Kingdom get mentioned - even if those are just singles from the Life Cycles.  Hidden Kingdom just kind of languishes with no real attention year to year; it's about time Safari starts getting buggy again.

The Nurse Shark.  Finally revealed.  This was the sea creature I had previously hinted as being commonly kept in public aquaria but not having been made by any major company other than one Japanese company (Neko Works had a Nurse Shark).  The Tiger Shark was the species hinted at as being uncommon in public aquaria, but having numerous figures.  The catalog picture of the Nurse Shark doesn't look quite as nice as the other picture I was of it a while ago, but it still looks pretty fantastic.

I'm actually a little bummed about there not being any new animal TOOBs.

As per usual, the Wild Safari Dinos look pretty awesome.  It's also good to see some worthwhile Dragons - this year's were dreadful, and at least in my store, they haven't sold very well at all.  That Cave Dragon and the Desert Dragon look spectacular!

Incredible Creatures have an aquatic bent this year.  Although I'm pleased to see that, I think it's really strange to see two species of fish; neither particularly colorful.  I would have thought that Safari would get ahead of the game by releasing something like a Palette Surgeon ahead of Disney's much anticipated "Finding Dory," which is set to release next year.  But they dropped the ball on that.  

All in all, a petty solid lineup coming in 2015.  If nothing else, the Wild Safari Jaguars, Grizzly Bear, Nurse & Tiger Sharks, the Cave and Desert Dragons, all the Dinos, and the Wildlife Wonders Coyote all look like winners to me.

I completely agree with your quote here: "Painting a jaguar to look like a Puma and calling it a Puma does NOT make it a Puma. It is still a Jaguar. Sad."

My thoughts exactly.

Back to top Go down
sphyrna18

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 7:27 pm

sphyrna18 wrote:
I have to say, I didn't know about the Wildlife Wonders "Puma" - No, Safari.  No No No No No.  As Abe Lincoln said, "If you call a dog's tail a leg, how many legs does a dog have? A dog has 4 legs; calling the tail a leg does not make it a leg."  Safari, pay attention.  Painting a jaguar to look like a Puma and calling it a Puma does NOT make it a Puma.  It is still a Jaguar.  Sad.

But the Wildlife Wonders Coyote is a bright spot.  Safari tends to excel at making wild dogs - even though their Fennec Fox more accurately depicts a Blanford's Fox, it does so very well (again, calling it a Fennec doesn't make it so).  It's nice to see Coyotes getting some attention, especially in the Wildlife Wonders.  It gives me hope that we may someday see some lesser kittehs in the line, too.

The new Wild Safari Wildlife Jaguar and Black Jaguar....  Applause  Applause  Applause .  Beautiful.  I'm seriously geeking out over how good they look.

The Aardvark reissue was inevitable, sorry Lance.  I had heard they got a lot of requests to re-release it.  People didn't want a new figure; they were actually requesting the retired one.  Safari is aware of secondary market values of some of their figures; whether they knew the Aardvark was valuable or not, I don't know, but I do know that if they see enough interest in a retired figure, and the mold is still in good condition, they are going to re-release that figure.  That's just good business.

To that end, though, someone needs to slap them.  Slap someone.  The Mudpuppy.  For the love of all things holy, why?!? Glow in the dark?!?!  C'mon, Man!

Finally Safari seems to have realized that their current Grizzly Bear sucks.  Thankfully, they are remedying that with what appears to be an excellent new WS NAW figure.  Nice to see the intro of a female Moose and calf.  The Male appears to be an improvement, as well.

Sadly, the "frog" is... well, sad.  I've always found it ridiculous that the Life Cycle figures weren't available outside those sets; but the Frog?  Not their strongest figure.  BUT - Safari does have a tendency to retire/resculpt poorly executed figures within their Wild Safari line.... maybe that will happen quickly for this poor chap as well.

Nice to see Hidden Kingdom get mentioned - even if those are just singles from the Life Cycles.  Hidden Kingdom just kind of languishes with no real attention year to year; it's about time Safari starts getting buggy again.

The Nurse Shark.  Finally revealed.  This was the sea creature I had previously hinted as being commonly kept in public aquaria but not having been made by any major company other than one Japanese company (Neko Works had a Nurse Shark).  The Tiger Shark was the species hinted at as being uncommon in public aquaria, but having numerous figures.  The catalog picture of the Nurse Shark doesn't look quite as nice as the other picture I was of it a while ago, but it still looks pretty fantastic.

As per usual, the Wild Safari Dinos look pretty awesome.  It's also good to see some worthwhile Dragons - this year's were dreadful, and at least in my store, they haven't sold very well at all.  That Cave Dragon and the Desert Dragon look spectacular!

Incredible Creatures have an aquatic bent this year.  Although I'm pleased to see that, I think it's really strange to see two species of fish; neither particularly colorful.  I would have thought that Safari would get ahead of the game by releasing something like a Palette Surgeon ahead of Disney's much anticipated "Finding Dory," which is set to release next year.  But they dropped the ball on that.  

All in all, a petty solid lineup coming in 2015.  If nothing else, the Wild Safari Jaguars, Grizzly Bear, Nurse & Tiger Sharks, the Cave and Desert Dragons, all the Dinos, and the Wildlife Wonders Coyote all look like winners to me.

I completely agree with your quote here:      "Painting a jaguar to look like a Puma and calling it a Puma does NOT make it a Puma.  It is still a Jaguar.  Sad."

My thoughts exactly.

Yeah, in my opinion, it's a poor decision for a company that otherwise seems to strive for accuracy; particularly in a line like the Wildlife Wonders, which feature an overall exemplary level of detail and attention to realism. Perhaps Safari will remedy this with a new, proper sculpt for 2016, but I'm not holding my breath.
Back to top Go down
smilodoncalifornicus

smilodoncalifornicus

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 7:55 pm

sphyrna18 wrote:
sphyrna18 wrote:

I completely agree with your quote here:      "Painting a jaguar to look like a Puma and calling it a Puma does NOT make it a Puma.  It is still a Jaguar.  Sad."

My thoughts exactly.

Yeah, in my opinion, it's a poor decision for a company that otherwise seems to strive for accuracy; particularly in a line like the Wildlife Wonders, which feature an overall exemplary level of detail and attention to realism.  Perhaps Safari will remedy this with a new, proper sculpt for 2016, but I'm not holding my breath.  

This is true.  In this particular case, Safari could not be further from accuracy if they tried by using a Jaguar sculpting for a Cougar. Wow. When I saw this, it was almost disturbing to me.
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 10:20 pm

I think Safari Ltd decided to take a nap this year. I am so disappointed for this approaching year... I had to take a break from fish collecting because they were out of my reach.... And I was hoping for something good this year but I guess not.... Sleep

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 11:38 pm

Just a quick comparison of Safari's Angus cow - something I've noticed just now:

new (middle one)

old:

real:

Really...?

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 11:40 pm

Mangalarga wrote:
Just a quick comparison of Safari's Angus cow - something I've noticed just now:

new (middle one)

old:

real:

Really...?

A remold/reissue? Again? Gosh... I'm weeping now... Sad

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 8 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 8:47 am

BAD Safari !!! This is surely NOT a way to copy the bad habit of Schleich Mad Mad

Great comparison to the modern type Angus !
When I was young, Angus cattle were small, compact, and very, very ( !!! ) agile creatures, - nothing like the heavy present day ones Suspect

I remember once, where one of my dan's heifers had jumped the fence, - I ran after her for most of an afternoon before she ran back home. I was so exhausted, I almost threw up, but she just had fun Laughing Laughing

Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 8 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 11:03 am

I don't mind issuing a new mould of the same breed/species. But sculpture-wise the new one looks bad :/

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 12:38 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

Great comparison to the modern type Angus !
When I was young, Angus cattle were small, compact, and very, very ( !!! ) agile creatures, - nothing like the heavy present day ones Suspect

I remember once, where one of my dan's heifers had jumped the fence, - I ran after her for most of an afternoon before she ran back home. I was so exhausted, I almost threw up, but she just had fun Laughing Laughing

I love to hear stories from your childhood Susanne Very Happy sunny

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
MARTINLATIN

MARTINLATIN

Country/State : CALIFORNIA

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 9:16 am

Does any one knows if the cattle angus out yet???
Back to top Go down
MARTINLATIN

MARTINLATIN

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 9:49 am

Yuppy, I just found ones in this web site the new farm animals!
Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 2:36 am

MARTINLATIN wrote:
Yuppy, I just found ones in this web site the new farm animals!

Which web Jes?
Back to top Go down
MARTINLATIN

MARTINLATIN

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 8:58 am

Just got the new 2015 cattle from safari ltd they are great better than it looks in the pics!!!
The goats moose calf and even the wild boar too!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari 2015 catalog pics
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next