Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1:22 scale Impala Ewe Finished

Go down 
+17
Ana
JonasV
Shanti
MiniZoo
Geospiza fortis
HKHollinstone
Joan Milelire
signatus
Philter4
koniminiatures
SeanieP
littlebear
LeeAnn
A-J
lucky luke
SUSANNE
Wilorvise
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
kudu11

kudu11

Country/State : Illinois, USA

1:22 scale Impala Ewe Finished  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1:22 scale Impala Ewe Finished    1:22 scale Impala Ewe Finished  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 7:07 am

After looking at my previous impala for a while, I decided that her head was too broad. I tried to make a new head for the body I already had, but when I put it on it didn't fit well. I liked the new head more than the one before so I decided to make it a body. The old impala may be converted into a male after I make the bongo. This new impala has more delicate and thin legs, so they are harder to work with, and I still need to work on. The new impala is about the same size, but with a lower shoulder height and a longer neck. All criticism is welcome.  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 1:22 scale Impala Ewe Finished    1:22 scale Impala Ewe Finished  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 8:22 am

Nice!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: 1:22 scale Impala Ewe Finished    1:22 scale Impala Ewe Finished  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 9:13 am

Fantastic!
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: 1:22 scale Impala Ewe Finished    1:22 scale Impala Ewe Finished  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 6:28 pm

perfect

kudu11

PostSubject: Re: 1:22 scale Impala Ewe Finished    1:22 scale Impala Ewe Finished  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 8:57 pm

Thanks for the compliments she is now finished and I have made a mold and staring casting models. Please pm me if you are interested. I am sorry for the poor lighting in the pictures. There hasn't been a sunny day here for almost a week. I will try and take better pictures once the weather gets better.
Back to top Go down
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: 1:22 scale Impala Ewe Finished    1:22 scale Impala Ewe Finished  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 9:25 pm

Well done. The paint goes well with the texture.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: 1:22 scale Impala Ewe Finished    1:22 scale Impala Ewe Finished  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 9:29 pm

Amazing work! Very well done!!! I'm very impressed Very Happy cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
signatus

signatus

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: 1:22 scale Impala Ewe Finished    1:22 scale Impala Ewe Finished  - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 9:12 pm

Beautiful figure and nice paint job. The details of the coat is even more appreciated. In addition, the fantastic photos !! cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Likaon - Wildlife Models Shop http://www.likaonmodels.com/
My homemade models : www.signatustudio.com
Back to top Go down
http://signatustudio.com
MiniZoo

MiniZoo

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: 1:22 scale Impala Ewe Finished    1:22 scale Impala Ewe Finished  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 1:09 pm

Congratulations, what a nice delicate model Applause

Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: 1:22 scale Impala Ewe Finished    1:22 scale Impala Ewe Finished  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 2:09 pm

MiniZoo wrote:

Just what I wanted to say!! Beautiful!! sunny Applause
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: 1:22 scale Impala Ewe Finished    1:22 scale Impala Ewe Finished  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 5:00 pm

Arrrhw, - she is SO beautyful I love you cheers

lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: 1:22 scale Impala Ewe Finished    1:22 scale Impala Ewe Finished  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 6:12 pm

MiniZoo wrote:

cheers Applause Cool drunken
Back to top Go down
kudu11

kudu11

PostSubject: Re: 1:22 scale Impala Ewe Finished    1:22 scale Impala Ewe Finished  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 9:09 am

Thank you all for your kind words. However, I do have some bad news. The casting of all of my models in molds is going to be postponed (including male/female saiga and the impala). This is because I have had an allergic reaction to the resin I am using (Smooth-Cast 300). I was wondering if there was a good alternative to this that doesn't have any isocyanates or if there is proper protection that I could use and still be able to use this resin. I was also wondering if anyone who uses the 300 series by smooth-on has had problems or what protective gear they might wear while using it. Lastly I was wondering if it is dangerous to handle the resin after it has cured. On a lighter note the mold that I made worked well so far, but it might be a while before I can use it again. I am going to be sure the resin is safe to use before I try it again because the allergy can get worse and can lead to a respiratory issue. (here is an interesting about art material that other artists might want to look at http://www.saic.edu/media/saic/pdfs/campusresources/instructionalshops/SprayBooth_MaterialsHandbook.pdf)
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: 1:22 scale Impala Ewe Finished    1:22 scale Impala Ewe Finished  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 11:48 am

Did you do this!? Shocked Shocked Shocked I saw your avatar an was sure it was a real one there! Shocked
This is fantastic! You're such a talent! Shocked Shocked cheers cheers cheers How I've missed this!? Surprised

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: 1:22 scale Impala Ewe Finished    1:22 scale Impala Ewe Finished  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 12:07 pm

Very beautiful impala!! cheers Amazing work!! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Noémi

Noémi

PostSubject: Re: 1:22 scale Impala Ewe Finished    1:22 scale Impala Ewe Finished  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 10:16 pm

kudu11 wrote:
Thank you all for your kind words. However, I do have some bad news. The casting of all of my models in molds is going to be postponed (including male/female saiga and the impala). This is because I have had an allergic reaction to the resin I am using (Smooth-Cast 300). I was wondering if there was a good alternative to this that doesn't have any isocyanates or if there is proper protection that I could use and still be able to use this resin. I was also wondering if anyone who uses the 300 series by smooth-on has had problems or what protective gear they might wear while using it. Lastly I was wondering if it is dangerous to handle the resin after it has cured. On a lighter note the mold that I made worked well so far, but it might be a while before I can use it again. I am going to be sure the resin is safe to use before I try it again because the allergy can get worse and can lead to a respiratory issue. (here is an interesting about art material that other artists might want to look at http://www.saic.edu/media/saic/pdfs/campusresources/instructionalshops/SprayBooth_MaterialsHandbook.pdf)

So you have respiratory problems from Smooth-Cast 300? I use Smooth-Cast 310. I don't have any allergic reactions but I use protective equipment(gloves, mask, glasses). It's really problem if you have allergic reaction. Do you use mask? Or do you have a friend or relative who can help you or make the copies for of you? It will be sad if you can't make copies about your wonderful works. I wish you the best!

Back to top Go down
kudu11

kudu11

PostSubject: Re: 1:22 scale Impala Ewe Finished    1:22 scale Impala Ewe Finished  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 5:38 am

Thank you Jonas and Anna for your kind words. Thanks for the advice Noemi. I have not yet had respiratory issue, but I have had inflammation on my skin. I just have a risk of getting respiratory issues with continued exposure to the chemicals. If I was to use this product again I would need to wear a mask and gloves. I am not sure if I have anyone who could cast them for me, but if that was the case the production would probably have to be more limited. I might try to do some castings with gloves and mask in a few weeks. However I think I can still make the actual mold, which is the more difficult part.
Back to top Go down
Noémi

Noémi

PostSubject: Re: 1:22 scale Impala Ewe Finished    1:22 scale Impala Ewe Finished  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 9:22 pm

I hope your problem with resin will resolve.
I really like your Kudu and Bongo girls. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: 1:22 scale Impala Ewe Finished    1:22 scale Impala Ewe Finished  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 9:54 pm

This impala is beautiful Applause I wish you will find a solution for your allergy and I hope someone here will have more advices like Noémi Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: 1:22 scale Impala Ewe Finished    1:22 scale Impala Ewe Finished  - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 11:57 am

A beautieful figurine!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1:22 scale Impala Ewe Finished    1:22 scale Impala Ewe Finished  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

1:22 scale Impala Ewe Finished
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2