Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What I have been up to for the past 3 years (including 1:18-1:20 scale Greater Kudu and 1:18-1:22 scale Thomson's Gazelle)

Go down 
+4
Ana
Roger
widukind
Florian
8 posters
AuthorMessage
kudu11

kudu11

Country/State : Illinois, USA

What I have been up to for the past 3 years (including 1:18-1:20 scale Greater Kudu and 1:18-1:22 scale Thomson's Gazelle) Empty
PostSubject: What I have been up to for the past 3 years (including 1:18-1:20 scale Greater Kudu and 1:18-1:22 scale Thomson's Gazelle)   What I have been up to for the past 3 years (including 1:18-1:20 scale Greater Kudu and 1:18-1:22 scale Thomson's Gazelle) EmptySun Sep 03, 2017 12:51 am

I first wanted to apologize for my very long absence. I got caught up with school, sports, clubs, and other extra curriculars. I have also stopped collecting animal figures, except sculptures by other artists. I still enjoy seeing the new models that the major brands come up with, but just seeing them is enough for me. I have continued sculpting animals, but some of this has been in a different direction. I have kept up seeing all the great work the artist on this forum have created, and wanted to say bravo!

I also wanted to thank all of the people who have supported me on my journey to becoming a sculptor. Without Laughing Giraffe Forum and this forum I may have never started sculpting at all. Seeing all of the growing artists work together here has repeatedly inspired me. I wanted to especially thank Harriet and Anna. These two people have probably the most influential artists to my sculpting. I have really enjoyed watching you both grow into the phenomenal artists you are today.

This place means so much to me, but I think this is the end to my regular posting (expect for the fact that I haven’t posted in 3 years). I will try and post occasionally, to keep you all updated, and I might have to leave a quick compliment on someone’s amazing work.

I am now in college and will again have more free time to create, since my time in class has greatly shortened and I am no longer in a competitive sport. I will try and be involved in research and other extra curriculars, but I don’t know how much of a time commitment they will eventually be.

Right now, I am taking commissions because of my increased free time. If you had ordered anything from me in the past, but not gotten it please contact me. I still have the sculptures, but I might not be able to make as many copies of sculptures as I originally planned. However, I have many unprepped copies with broken legs, ears, horns, or seam flaws that I am willing to sell rather inexpensively. I want to apologize for not getting these models out a long time ago to those who showed interest, and if you are no longer interested that is fine too.

There are no copies of the male saiga because the mold did not work out, but the one original male will be available. I do have some copies of the impala, female saiga, and the bongo. However, I currently do not have access to them since I am at school. I will have access in either October or November. I prefer to sell unprepped copies, and will sell them much cheaper.

I no longer have the means to make molds myself, as the chemicals are too dangerous to work with at school where I don’t have my own space. I also do not have enough time at home to make them and make copies. I found the process to be very frustrating and time consuming. I will be reaching out to US companies that specialize in making resin copies, so if anyone know any good companies that would be very helpful.

Since I am not at home, I do not have access to photos of most of the work that I have done over the past years. I am working on creating a website for all of my art, but I cannot complete it until I go back home. I will post again once it is up. Until then I will show you all a few pictures that I have on this computer.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The male Greater Kudu and Thomson’s Gazelle are my most recent works. I have tried a different method with creating them, which involves baking them many times. This has made the Kudu a bit more brittle, so I am not sure if I should try and texture him or just continue to sand him with finer sandpaper. I plan to get copies of them made, but through another company (not myself). Please let me know if you would be interested. I am sorry about the discoloration and the different color clay, but it will look much more together once they get painted.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Florian

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

What I have been up to for the past 3 years (including 1:18-1:20 scale Greater Kudu and 1:18-1:22 scale Thomson's Gazelle) Empty
PostSubject: Re: What I have been up to for the past 3 years (including 1:18-1:20 scale Greater Kudu and 1:18-1:22 scale Thomson's Gazelle)   What I have been up to for the past 3 years (including 1:18-1:20 scale Greater Kudu and 1:18-1:22 scale Thomson's Gazelle) EmptySun Sep 03, 2017 9:37 am

You're talented ! Your sculptures are great, I like a lot the kudu and the addax :)
I hope you'll find a company to produce you resin models, you'll probably have success !

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: What I have been up to for the past 3 years (including 1:18-1:20 scale Greater Kudu and 1:18-1:22 scale Thomson's Gazelle)   What I have been up to for the past 3 years (including 1:18-1:20 scale Greater Kudu and 1:18-1:22 scale Thomson's Gazelle) EmptySun Sep 03, 2017 12:27 pm

Welcome back!! You have many many talent!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
kudu11

kudu11

PostSubject: Re: What I have been up to for the past 3 years (including 1:18-1:20 scale Greater Kudu and 1:18-1:22 scale Thomson's Gazelle)   What I have been up to for the past 3 years (including 1:18-1:20 scale Greater Kudu and 1:18-1:22 scale Thomson's Gazelle) EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 3:57 am

Thanks Andreas and Florian!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: What I have been up to for the past 3 years (including 1:18-1:20 scale Greater Kudu and 1:18-1:22 scale Thomson's Gazelle)   What I have been up to for the past 3 years (including 1:18-1:20 scale Greater Kudu and 1:18-1:22 scale Thomson's Gazelle) EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 11:41 am

It is great to see you posting back! If there is a point where STS is distinct, it is the generous number of talented people we can find here. Yes, the very successful homemade section is, initially, quite marked by Harriet's and Ana's works. I remember also the LG era and I love to see talented people sharing their work with everyone. Very Happy
Whatever your life brings, I think it is essential that you keep developing your abilities. You're really talented and still very young. Keep your focus in the most important things of your life but please never stop sculpting and painting. Very Happy

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: What I have been up to for the past 3 years (including 1:18-1:20 scale Greater Kudu and 1:18-1:22 scale Thomson's Gazelle)   What I have been up to for the past 3 years (including 1:18-1:20 scale Greater Kudu and 1:18-1:22 scale Thomson's Gazelle) EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 3:21 pm

How great to see you back here! And what a beautiful works you made, I'm very impressed!

Also, thank you for your words, it means a lot to me that you felt inspired by my works in some way, that really makes me happy!!! sunny I love you
Your new kudu and gazelle are incredibly good, very beautiful models! If you make a resin edition of them I'd be interested, that's sure! Very Happy

I also like your conceptual works, the one with a plate full of ocean creatures speaks to me. It's saying about the sad truth about what we humans did to ocean life. The animal with trophy head is just as sad and is also a good work. Thank you for sharing!

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
kudu11

kudu11

PostSubject: Re: What I have been up to for the past 3 years (including 1:18-1:20 scale Greater Kudu and 1:18-1:22 scale Thomson's Gazelle)   What I have been up to for the past 3 years (including 1:18-1:20 scale Greater Kudu and 1:18-1:22 scale Thomson's Gazelle) EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 3:00 pm

Thank you so much Roger! I will be sure to keep sculpting and painting.

Thank you Anna! I am so glad you like the new sculptures. I am currently in the process of getting quotes from a few companies, so I can see if getting molds made is a possibility. I will keep you all updated on the process.
Back to top Go down
littlebear

littlebear

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: What I have been up to for the past 3 years (including 1:18-1:20 scale Greater Kudu and 1:18-1:22 scale Thomson's Gazelle)   What I have been up to for the past 3 years (including 1:18-1:20 scale Greater Kudu and 1:18-1:22 scale Thomson's Gazelle) EmptySat Mar 10, 2018 7:46 pm

Dear Hethan
Ihave the money ready to send you But Iam in big renovation and I can not back
to my file Plrase send me your address againt and will have your money right awyto send

Littlebear

claude
Back to top Go down
SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: What I have been up to for the past 3 years (including 1:18-1:20 scale Greater Kudu and 1:18-1:22 scale Thomson's Gazelle)   What I have been up to for the past 3 years (including 1:18-1:20 scale Greater Kudu and 1:18-1:22 scale Thomson's Gazelle) EmptySun Mar 11, 2018 1:58 pm

These are great! thanks for sharing.

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: What I have been up to for the past 3 years (including 1:18-1:20 scale Greater Kudu and 1:18-1:22 scale Thomson's Gazelle)   What I have been up to for the past 3 years (including 1:18-1:20 scale Greater Kudu and 1:18-1:22 scale Thomson's Gazelle) EmptyWed Mar 14, 2018 2:20 pm

Beautiful. Every time I come here, I am impressed and inspired. Applause
Are your sculptures made from clay or 3D printing?
I will definitely like to see more of your work.
Back to top Go down
littlebear

littlebear

PostSubject: Re: What I have been up to for the past 3 years (including 1:18-1:20 scale Greater Kudu and 1:18-1:22 scale Thomson's Gazelle)   What I have been up to for the past 3 years (including 1:18-1:20 scale Greater Kudu and 1:18-1:22 scale Thomson's Gazelle) EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 7:30 pm

Dear Hethan,
It is so nice to have you back with STS Forum.I send you an message about 3 mont ago that
I was interresting to buy the kudu and the cow kudu and the male saiga.is broken I will get some body to fix it.
Hoping to hear from you .littlebear .I
Back to top Go down
littlebear

littlebear

PostSubject: Re: What I have been up to for the past 3 years (including 1:18-1:20 scale Greater Kudu and 1:18-1:22 scale Thomson's Gazelle)   What I have been up to for the past 3 years (including 1:18-1:20 scale Greater Kudu and 1:18-1:22 scale Thomson's Gazelle) EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 8:05 pm

Dear Hethan,
It so nice to have you back with STS forum.I send you an message about 3 mont ago that I was
interresting to buy the kudu and the cow.Also the saiga male event if it broken I will have some body to
fix it.So let me know if you have still them in stock.Hoping to hear from you .Have an nice weekend Littlebear
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What I have been up to for the past 3 years (including 1:18-1:20 scale Greater Kudu and 1:18-1:22 scale Thomson's Gazelle)   What I have been up to for the past 3 years (including 1:18-1:20 scale Greater Kudu and 1:18-1:22 scale Thomson's Gazelle) Empty

Back to top Go down

What I have been up to for the past 3 years (including 1:18-1:20 scale Greater Kudu and 1:18-1:22 scale Thomson's Gazelle)
Page 1 of 1