Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts

Go down 
+8
Philter4
remowshake
WILLYBACOMAN
HKHollinstone
SUSANNE
Sergey
Roger
Kikimalou
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts Empty
PostSubject: Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts   Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 12:25 am

As you maybe know, STARLUX is a French company which produced soldiers and animals from the fifties to the eighties. The Starlux toys were sold in France like the Schleich now, as individual models or in special boxes.
The models were made of "blanc de meudon" or very hard plastic, which are good materials to produce thin horns or tails... but are easily breakable.
I used to play with some of them when I was a young child. Now that I'm an older child I still collect some wild animals from this brand.
I have also a few dinos but I always thought I would sell them or trade one day because I didn't want to collect vintage dinos...
The last topic about those old VEB PLAHO dinos and Willy changed a little bit my mind... I'm still not sure to stay with them but, maybe , I could find a place for them on a shelf.

Nevertheless, I still can show you those odd and vintage dinos and prehistoric animals from France. It is only a part of the whole brand because, at that time STARLUX had the widest range of wild animals and dinos of the world.

Here are the few I have in a box.

First, the Diplodocus (1968)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Then, the cave bear (1968)

The tyrannosaurus (1969)

The Stegosaurus (1969)

The triceratops ( 1969)

The machairodus (1970)

The Diatryma (1970)

The Trachodon - Shantungosaurus (1972)

The Plesiosaurus (1972)

The Nothosaurus (1972)

The Megatherium (1972)

The Moropus (1972)

The Baluchitherium (1973)

The Syntethoceras (1974)

The Pterodactylus (1974)

The brontotherium (1976)

The Saltoposuchus (1976)

The Euparkeria (1979)

The Brontosaurus (1979)

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:08 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts   Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 1:45 am

Very very interesting!
In fact I think these figures express with quality, the scientific knowledge about prehistoric animals at this time! I see it as a nice way to tell the evolution of palaeontology!
See the t-rex pose, the neck of the plesiosaurus, the curious interpretation for pterodactylus, saltopusuchus looks a extraterrestrial etc.
And you have very nice species like Machaerodus, dyatrima, trachodon, moropus, indricotherium, brontotherium, love the euparkeria and never heard about synthetoceras before!
I think they made your happiness as a garçon, and you may keep them in your hands… surely very nice hands! You’ll learn to love them again!cheers
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts   Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 2:19 am

...I,m agree. Very interesting for any collectors. I did know nothing about STARLUX... And so many rare prehistoric species! It,s the nice example for Schleich, Papo, Collecta! :)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts   Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 8:01 am

The whole prehistoric line consisted of 85 dinos and beasts and 13 humans, which was the widest range at that time.
These figures didn't express the scientific knowledge about prehistoric animals at this time ! They only expressed the common behavior of that time and tried to replicate the older Zdenek Burian illustrations. Even then they were a little bit odd and out of scale of course. STARLUX never produced a Prehistoric Museum line indeed...

So Sergey, it means STARLUX is the real ancestor of Schleich, Papo and even CollectA which still produce inaccurate models  Wink  Laughing

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts   Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 4:03 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
The whole prehistoric line consisted of 85 dinos and beasts and 13 humans, which was the widest range at that time.

These figures didn't express the scientific
knowledge about prehistoric animals at this time ! They only expressed the common behavior of that time and tried to replicate the older Zdenek Burian illustrations. Even then they were a little bit odd and out of scale of course. STARLUX never produced a Prehistoric Museum line indeed...

So Sergey, it means STARLUX is the real ancestor of Schleich, Papo and even CollectA which still produce inaccurate models Wink Laughing

...Thank you very much Christoph for information. :)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts   Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 4:40 pm

They are SO great !
Starlux is really impressive and interesting and very, very nice ...

I tried to bid on some on Ebay in France, - ha, ha, not for my kind of money Shocked Laughing Rolling Eyes
But them I can look at these fantastic photoes, - and the recent ones from Torben, that is nie, too Wink
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts   Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 4:55 pm

Fantastic, thank you Christophe for all the photos cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts   Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 1:15 am

Fantastic stuff Christophe!
I hope you never part from them, as they are a part of your youth, as Britains was in my case!
Besides from that, is Starlux a brand which is great to collect, as they have so many different models, just only look at these pre-historic series.
I do have a few too, but no dino's yet, only some of the pre-historic mammals and humans, here are my few cts to this tread:

Moropus

Machairodus

Cavebear, from which i have 2 colour-variations

Whooly Rhino

Alticamelus

Glyptodon

Megatherium

Pithecanthropus with prey

Neanderthaler with club

Mammothhunter

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts   Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 1:23 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Fantastic stuff Christophe!
I hope you never part from them, as they are a part of your youth, as Britains was in my case!
Besides from that, is Starlux a brand which is great to collect, as they have so many different models, just only look at these pre-historic series.
I do have a few too, but no dino's yet. only some of the pre-historic mammals and humans, here are my few cts to this tread:

Willy, these humans are prehistoric mammals too! :)
Congratulations for your figures, nice to see a alticamelus! Loved to know which other brand was scientifically more accurate at this time! Remember that I was not yet born!cheers
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts   Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 1:37 am

Yes of course Roger, but i wanted to name them seperatly...
The new name for the alticamelus should be Aepycamelus in these days actually, which means big camel... Cool

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts   Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 8:33 am

Willy, - and Cristoph and Torben - theese Starlux are fantastic !
Thanks a heap for the photoes flower

Some day I will collect them, too cheers
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts   Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 3:21 am

I want you before Susanne, it is a huge range, and not always cheap, but ooh soo fantastic to collect!
As you probably saw, Torben is infected too! cheers

And how about these, forget the animal cruelty for a moment...

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts   Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 7:29 am

Roger wrote:

Congratulations for your figures, nice to see a alticamelus! Loved to know which other brand was scientifically more accurate at this time! Remember that I was not yet born!cheers

In the 1970's, no brands was accurate... I mean no company made dinos which are realistic for the scientific knowledge of that time.
As far as I know something about that, the first "accurate" company was the British INVICTA in the 80's.
Alas I only have a few  drunken  : The Baryonyx, the troodon (stenonychosaurus) and the lambeosaurus which I missed the pic  Shocked

INVICTA also made one living mammal : The blue whale :

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:11 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts   Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:01 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:

In the 1970's, no brands was accurate... I mean no company made dinos which are realistic for the scientific knowledge of that time.
As far as I know something about that, the first "accurate" company was the British INVICTA in the 80's.
Alas I only have a few drunken : The Baryonyx, the troodon (stenonychosaurus) and the lambeosaurus which I missed the pic Shocked

Nice crocolike and featherless chicken!!!
Are fine , look better than some of new brands! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
remowshake

remowshake

PostSubject: Re: Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts   Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 2:06 pm

Wonderful figures! Very Happy

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts   Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 2:30 pm

What great photos and information, thanks for posting.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts   Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 2:51 am

I did visit your website tonight for a very long time my friend, because i have another better computer, and had to make myself "un abonnee" on every part of it again, so i saw these figurines pass by.
I love your new whales! cheers

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts   Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 8:03 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
I did visit your website tonight for a very long time my friend, because i have another better computer, and had to make myself "un abonnee" on every part of it again, so i saw these figurine spass by.
I love your new whales! cheers

ah ah, it's good to know I have an "abonné" Very Happy

Do you see you can make comments ?

My collection is growing very slowly but I like very much the newcomers cheers
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts   Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 1:15 pm

No my friend, i didn't make any comments yet, but i will... Laughing
I saw that you made the possibility.
But the pictures open up very slowly in a lot of cases i am afraid, maybe because of the size of them, i don't know, and my pc is fast enough to tackle that problem now... Rolling Eyes
Now i know about all of your newcomers in the future, as i get a feed on it everytime you place something new there! Wink

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts   Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 10:43 pm

The tails of those bulls must be very easy to break... affraid
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts   Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 11:22 am

Kikimalou wrote:
INVICTA also made one living mammal : The blue whale :

Wow this figure is so lovely Shocked Congratulations Christophe for having it, very beautiful Blue whale figure.  cheers  cheers  cheers  sunny
Is it hard to find? :)

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts   Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 3:21 pm

ana wrote:

Wow this figure is so lovely Shocked Congratulations Christophe for having it, very beautiful Blue whale figure. cheers cheers cheers sunny

Yes it is Anna, it is from 1973. INVICTA made two models, one unpainted and the one you can see on the pic drunken
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts   Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 2:47 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
ana wrote:

Wow this figure is so lovely Shocked Congratulations Christophe for having it, very beautiful Blue whale figure. cheers cheers cheers sunny

Yes it is Anna, it is from 1973. INVICTA made two models, one unpainted and the one you can see on the pic drunken

My Invicta Blue Whale is unpainted. elephant
Back to top Go down
ThierryB

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts   Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 8:18 pm

My Jurassic park

Brontosaure PH63

Ouranosaurus PH67

Tyranosaure PH05

Tricératops PH08

Iguanodon PH03, dit de Bernissart (Belgique)

Stégosaure PH07

Phororhacos PH14

Diatryma PH13

Bronthotérium PH38

Arsinoithérium PH71

Platybélodon PH69

Dinothérium PH25

Rhinocéros laineux PH09

Moropus PH20

Palèothérium PH11

Aurochs PH04

Ours des Cavernes PH05

Mammouth PH01

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]ce dernier victime du trafic d'Ivoire

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts   Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 8:35 pm

ThierryB wrote:
My Jurassic park

cheerscheerscheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts   Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts Empty

Back to top Go down

Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts
Page 1 of 1