Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes

Go down 
+11
widukind
Ana
Kikimalou
BornThisWay
WILLYBACOMAN
Philter4
Kristie
STORMnl
Mastiffcat
Roger
SUSANNE
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes Empty
PostSubject: Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes   Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 7:49 pm

Recently I have been fortunate go get a small lot of prehistoric mammals, dinoes and such .

Now I have to get them on my homesite, but I have a problem with the names of some of them. Perhaps you can help me ?
Christophe was so kind as to send me a link to a catalogue, but they are not all there, and some of the names are very difficult to read (For me, at least, I AM terribly nearsighted) study

So corrections and suggestions are most welcome Very Happy

Palaeotherium
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

eohippus - the prehis. horse from Bullyland for comparison. I think he is a later species, the Starlux has toes, the Bullyland has hooves:

Baluchitherium (1973)

Ichthyosaur and diplocaulus

pterodactylus

endothiodon

Deinotherium:

I wonder if this hunter is a neanderthaler or just a rather funny cave man scratch it is a JAVA MAN "pithecantropus erectus"

A colour variant of the stegosaurus. My new one is less glossy and I wonder if it was made later than the first one ? The one on the left is the oldest one

Protoceratops and triceratops

tanystropheus

tyranusaurus and iguanodon
: IGUANODON and ANATOSAURUS Wink

Diplodocus and ???? Brontosaurus

A cute little green guy dancing in high heels, - I wonder what kind of critter he is scratch
Saltoposuchus

Ohhhh, these two don`t belong here, but I just have to show them, - I got them together with the donkey Wink
Homo sapiens agricolum and Salers cow Very Happy

Last edited by Kikimalou on Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:25 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Up-date of names)
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes   Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:22 pm

I'm completly speechless with that collection! It's absolutly great! :)

Palaeotherium
Orohippus
Ichthyosaur
Hulitherium ?

The hanging is pterodactylus
The dancing is Saltoposuchus

See here Susanne:
Kiki's prehistoric Starlux

If you have more doubts let us know. flower
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes   Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:44 pm

Thankyou very, very much for your help and kind words, Roger !!!!

I will try to put the names over the pictures later. Right now my eayes are itching from staring at the screen.
I may need new glasses, I think Rolling Eyes geek
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes   Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:55 pm

This guy gets my vote as BEST ANIMAL FIGURE EVER. drunken Laughing Razz drunken 🐰 bom drunken
Quote :
A cute little green guy dancing in high heels, - I wonder what kind of critter he is scratch

Susanne, you hit a treasure trove here! They are wonderful figures in spectacular condition! I bet Mr. Dancing GreenJeans is one of the few who still has his high heels, and your others have tongues, and horns and etc, that most have probably lost years ago!
I'm thrilled that as 'inaccurate' as some of the figures may be, the Stego and Triceratops are in an upright gait, instead of with their elbows sprawled like lizards.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes   Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 9:05 pm

Thankyou, thankyou Carolynn bounce cheers

I just LOVE the silly Mr green-pants too Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes   Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 9:16 pm

[quote="Mastiffcat"]This guy gets my vote as BEST ANIMAL FIGURE EVER. drunken Laughing Razz drunken 🐰 bom drunken
Quote :

Susanne, you hit a treasure trove here! They are wonderful figures in spectacular condition! I bet Mr. Dancing GreenJeans is one of the few who still has his high heels, and your others have tongues, and horns and etc, that most have probably lost years ago!
I'm thrilled that as 'inaccurate' as some of the figures may be, the Stego and Triceratops are in an upright gait, instead of with their elbows sprawled like lizards.

Laughing You are seeing exactly the same as I am! Laughing
It is a Saltoposuchus, or leaping crocodile! I also think it is an unforgetable figure!
It's a crocodylomorph, not a croc but I love it anyway! I remembered Kiki's topic because of it!By the way, leap in Portuguese is salto and salto also means high heels! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes   Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 9:42 pm

That is very interesting !

We call a Somersault a Saltomortale in Danish Laughing

Laughing And salto means high heels, - very, very strange scratch It is almost impossible to jump in high heels geek Wink
Back to top Go down
STORMnl

STORMnl

Country/State : Nijmegen-Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes   Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 9:52 pm

nice collection,,but i wont collect starlux

i have a friend in france,,he can buy them,,but i wont collect them

because?

i don't like them Very Happy Very Happy
yhey so un real,,but very retro

again you have a nice collection over there,

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes   Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 12:00 am

STORMnl wrote:
nice collection,,but i wont collect starlux

i have a friend in france,,he can buy them,,but i wont collect them

because?

i don't like them Very Happy Very Happy
yhey so un real,,but very retro

again you have a nice collection over there,

That is the wonderful thing about a great forum like this : We don`t have the same taste, so we get to see all kinds of figures cheers drunken

Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

PostSubject: Re: Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes   Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 12:22 am

SUSANNE wrote:
It is almost impossible to jump in high heels geek Wink

That's why he's dancing! I love to dance in high heels.
It would be fun to go dancing with Mr. Green-Jeans. He looks like he might be a bad dancer, but he has enthusiasm, which is fun. Or more likely he's a very good dancer being very silly on the dance floor.

Quote :
leap in Portuguese is salto and salto also means high heels!
i love it!

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes   Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 12:44 am

Martien, they don't look retro, they are retro! Or better, they are vintage! Mostly from 60's and 70's! What a Face They are in fact not very good replicas but as a series it is absolutly wonderful! Even only counting prehistoric mammals where will you find a range with such a diversity? Think in animals like the Syntethoceras, Moropus, alticamelus, Palaeotherium, etc.!
When I see a vintage car I really love it, always much more than a new car with a retro looking.
But I confess, some of these moulds in modern brands will scare me while some of the species will please me.
As Susanne says, in collecting all of us have some figures that we like and others that we don't like and that's the funny thing of collecting and knowing other collectors.
See what I don't like, not vintage, falsely retro and very ugly! Laughing

Schleich t-rex

Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes   Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 1:02 am

Those are great Susanne! I really like the Triceratops and also the one that looks kind of like a hippo!

Does Starlux still make figures?

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes   Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 1:06 am

Mastiffcat wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
It is almost impossible to jump in high heels geek Wink

That's why he's dancing! I love to dance in high heels.
It would be fun to go dancing with Mr. Green-Jeans. He looks like he might be a bad dancer, but he has enthusiasm, which is fun. Or more likely he's a very good dancer being very silly on the dance floor.

Quote :
leap in Portuguese is salto and salto also means high heels!
i love it!

Mr. Green Jeans looks a bad dancer because he is in Susanne's house with a lot of cats! affraid
You are stepping on my tail!,
He is surely thinking: With this high heels, If someone steps on my tail I will performe a salto-mortale affraid clown

In Portuguese
Com estes saltos, se alguém me pisa o rabo vou dar um salto-mortal! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes   Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 1:24 am

Izzy wrote:
Those are great Susanne! I really like the Triceratops and also the one that looks kind of like a hippo!

Does Starlux still make figures?

-Kristie

Sorry, I look the owner of this topic! pale Today I will sleep here with these crazy dinos! affraid
I think Starlux is not producing anymore! Sad

Kristie, don't you love also the moropus? albino

Starlux moropus from Kiki 🐒S
Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes   Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 1:34 am

Yes, I like him very much, too! :)

-KRistie
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

PostSubject: Re: Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes   Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 1:58 am

Roger wrote:
Mr. Green Jeans looks a bad dancer because he is in Susanne's house with a lot of cats! affraid
You are stepping on my tail!,
He is surely thinking: With this high heels, If someone steps on my tail I will performe a salto-mortale affraid clown

In Portuguese

According to Babelfish:
"With these jumps, if somebody steps on the tail goes to give a jump-mortal to me" lol!
See, your English is muuuuuuuch better than my Portuguese!

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes   Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:30 am

lol! That's really funny and crazy! Rolling Eyes
Fortunately I don't use translators! affraid
Ah... thanks!

Kristie, I knew it! :)

Susanne: Some more names:
The triceratops got a little friend, I wonder if it is a psitto..something ?
...it is a protoceratops

turtle is a Archelon,
Snake-o-crocco-dino-whats is a tanystropheus

I hope it is right! :roll:It is missing any of htem?
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes   Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:44 am

Excellent collection, thanks for the photos.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes   Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 4:11 am

What a fantastic group of vintage Starlux models Susanne. farao
I was trying to put the correct names on all of the animals of your pics, but internet failed on me several times, and i had to do it at least for 7 times, without succeeding... Crying or Very sad
Do you have problems with imgbox.de to the last days?
They seem to have renewed the site, but when i want to log in, i get a message that the internet can't connect to this site, very strange, although the home-page shows up the first time... Shocked Rolling Eyes
Because this happens, i can't put new pics here, and i can't warn or write them about my problem either... Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes   Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 5:03 am

Willy, I changed the names in the original Susanne's post. Could you please check them? cheers
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes   Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 10:29 am

Roger wrote:

In Portuguese

cheers cheers cheers lol!

I also LOVE that moropus, and the one with the horn on his nose that Christophe has, and, and.... but like most of us, I have to take it easy with spending too much, or......

affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes   Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 10:36 am

Thankyou Phil and Willy cheers

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:

Do you have problems with imgbox.de to the last days/
They seem to have renewed the site, but when i want to log in, i get a message that the internet can't connect to this site, very strange, although the home-page shows up the first time... Shocked Rolling Eyes
Because this happens, i can't put new pics here, and i can't warn or write them about my problem either... Evil or Very Mad

Thanks for trying, Willy.
Yes, I can`t access Imgbox either! Now for 3 - 4 days Mad
I have changed to Photobucket, - actually they are much easyer and faster and many more smart possibilities Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes   Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 10:39 am

Roger wrote:
Willy, I changed the names in the original Susanne's post. Could you please check them? cheers

Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing
There is a line over them now scratch

Thankyou, Roger, dear friend, - I will wait and see what happens cheers
Back to top Go down
BornThisWay

BornThisWay

Country/State : Croatia

PostSubject: Re: Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes   Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 11:16 am

They are fantastic,I love them,prahistoric mammals are just beautifull and I love that hanging pterodactyl Laughing Dancing dino is very spooky affraid
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes   Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 11:19 am

Pithécantrope - Java man Wink

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes   Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes Empty

Back to top Go down

Some Prehistoric mammals from Starlux ..and a couple of dinoes
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next