Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1

Go down 
+4
SyLoBe
JonasV
LeeAnn
Ana
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fisva

Fisva

Country/State : Poland

Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1 Empty
PostSubject: Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1   Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 10:33 am

Ok, so I've received this beautiful Collecta TWH stallion. Honestly, I've ordered this figurine by mistake. I did not like TWH horses at all, but the seller wrote that it is Pinto stallion, and I haven't noticed that it is actually TWH. Anyway, I have received it with some other figurines, and I have found that it has some grace in it, though the painting is horrible. So I have decided to repaint it and change his legs' position. What broke my heart was that when I had been looking for TWH coat colours, I have found that this breed, as well as Morgan and Saddlebred and many other gaited breeds, are often tortured by the technique of soring, which actually made me just sick and I want to puke every time I think about it. I have gained a lot of respect towards TWH after that, so I have decided to give all my heart to this one and leave it as it is...
He will be sabino now.  I hope I'm doing this correctly scratch This is what I've done so far.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Fisva on Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1   Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 10:44 am

I think it's going to be beautiful in sabino. sunny IAnd it's very good sculpture too! Very Happy

I totally understand your feelings about the TWH horses "training methods" some of which should be forbidden No The extreme gait they sometimes are forced to move is actually very ugly. It makes me sick as well Evil or Very Mad No
But not all TWH are used that way. Also I know that Deborah is against such practice (that's what she's saying all te time on Facebook) and the figure you are holding is shown in nice, not forced kind of gait. The horse look quite happy and relaxed. As for the breed, I do think they are beautiful I love you
Shame that sometimes some muscles under their tails are cut to cause unnatural high tail position, I don't like it at all. Why some people just don't love their horses in their natural beautiful look and have to change something all the time? Sad

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Fisva

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1   Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 10:55 am

Thank you Ana!
Yes, I have seen how gracefully they move without all this crap. Although I find it a little bit weird, there is still some beauty in the movement. It is fascinating that the rider does not bounce while riding Shocked
I do not understand why people do such things, and why are they so blind!

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1   Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 11:00 am

Sabino is a fantastic choice! Looks lovely already Very Happy

Out of curiousity, why don't you like TWHs? Is it because of the soring? Nothing against you, everyone has their own likes and dislikes, I'm just curious. Smile

Ana wrote:
I think it's going to be beautiful in sabino. sunny IAnd it's very good sculpture too! Very Happy

I totally understand your feelings about the TWH horses "training methods" some of which should be forbidden No The extreme gait they sometimes are forced to move is actually very ugly. It makes me sick as well Evil or Very Mad No
But not all TWH are used that way. Also I know that Deborah is against such practice (that's what she's saying all te time on Facebook) and the figure you are holding is shown in nice, not forced kind of gait. The horse look quite happy and relaxed. As for the breed, I do think they are beautiful I love you
Shame that sometimes some muscles under their tails are cut to cause unnatural high tail position, I don't like it at all. Why some people just don't love their horses in their natural beautiful look and have to change something all the time? Sad

It is a horrible practice, and unfortunately extremely hard to stop. I don't think there is a horse breed out there that humans don't do something cruel or weird to. :no

However, I applaud anyone for doing a TWH custom, whether it be representing soring or not. It helps bring awareness to the cause and shows that the artist isn't afraid to "go their own way" and they're not afraid to create a horse that others might be fearful to do without being criticized. Applause

I'm really excited how he turns out Agata bounce

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1   Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 11:06 am

Fisva wrote:
Thank you Ana!
Yes, I have seen how gracefully they move without all this crap. Although I find it a little bit weird, there is still some beauty in the movement. It is fascinating that the rider does not bounce while riding Shocked
I do not understand why people do such things, and why are they so blind!

(Bolded by me) The only reason people do this is to create "showy," "flashy" horses. People go to great lengths at times to make their horse the most "beautiful" in the show ring. In fact, what they're doing is the most grotesque, disgusting, cruel processes possible. Look at the QH for example.

This is what a sound QH should look like:

and this:

and this:

Are the "ideal" halter QH today!! What ever happened to the first example? These poor horses. Sad Sad Sad

I apologize for derailing your thread...

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1   Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 11:08 am

Thank you LeeAnn! I did not like gaited breeds because I have found their movement a bit weird and unnatural. Also the rider's movement in the saddle is quite weird for me, because it looks as if the rider was floating just above the horse, lol. But, well, I have changed my mind. I know that Deborah's sculpture is a TWH without that stupid soring thing. I have just watched plenty of photographs and videos on Youtube that made me feel respectful towards all gaited breeds, even though I find the movement a little bit weird. Still, I find all horses beautiful, and they are the most beautiful when they are natural....

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1   Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 11:13 am

That's great you've come to liking the CollectA TWH cheers

I do agree with you that the gait looks odd, but I've heard that riding a gaited horse is very smooth, almost no bouncing. Sounds like a lot of fun. Very Happy

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1   Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 11:26 am

Fisva wrote:
Ok, so I've received this beautiful Collecta TWH stallion. Honestly, I've ordered this figurine by mistake. I did not like TWH horses at all, but the seller wrote that it is Pinto stallion, and I haven't noticed that it is actually TWH. Anyway, I have received it with some other figurines, and I have found that it has some grace in it, though the painting is horrible. So I have decided to repaint it and change his legs' position. What broke my heart was that when I had been looking for TWH coat colours, I have found that this breed, as well as Morgan and Saddlebred and many other gaited breeds, are often tortured by the technique of soring, which actually made me just sick and I want to puke every time I think about it. I have gained a lot of respect towards TWH after that, so I have decided to give all my heart to this one and leave it as it is...
He will be sabino now.  I hope I'm doing this correctly scratch This is what I've done so far.  

I definitely agree! 

This horse is looking very nice yet now! I love seeing work in progress!cheers So exciting bounceVery Happy

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1   Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 3:01 pm

In fact, gaited horses are not forced to "walk" like this. Gait is natural on them, what they are forced to do is to exagerate the movement. Gait is due to a genetic mutation which causes an uncorrecto coordination between rear and hint legs, originaly found on Icelandic horses, and they walk like this since birth.

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1   Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 3:01 pm

I forgot to say, your model looks nice so far!

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1   Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 3:16 pm

SyLoBe wrote:
In fact, gaited horses are not forced to "walk" like this. Gait is natural on them, what they are forced to do is to exagerate the movement. Gait is due to a genetic mutation which causes an uncorrecto coordination between rear and hint legs, originaly found on Icelandic horses, and they walk like this since birth.

Right, the ambling gait is natural, however, soring is not. Sad

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1   Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 5:37 am

Ok, I think I have finished it. I forgot to add a little bit of darker colour on his belly, but I've corrected it already. I hope my sabino is enough... Laughing

Florian

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1   Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 5:39 am

Very impressive repaint Agata sunny sunny

sadie3112

sadie3112

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1   Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 5:47 am

Lovely repaint Very Happy

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1   Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 5:49 am

Shocked Shocked Shocked The mold is gorgeous the painting is gorgeous all is gorgeous! Shocked Shocked
I love it! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1   Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 6:57 am

Great work! This color suits the mold well I think Very Happy

The eyes are great too!

SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1   Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 2:10 pm

That coat suits him very good :)

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1   Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1 EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 8:30 am

Lovely custom!! Very Happy May I add some little criticism? Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Fisva

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1   Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1 EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 8:32 am

Thank you very much dear friends!!! cheers

Shanti wrote:

Of course! I appreciate all criticism Very Happy

Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1   Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1 EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 3:08 am

Fisva wrote:
Thank you very much dear friends!!! cheers

Shanti wrote:

Of course! I appreciate all criticism Very Happy

Ok Very Happy If you remove the seams it would add to the realism of the horse especially on close-up pictures. I know it is not ease removing them without damaging the model but it is worth it! Wink
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1   Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1 EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 7:19 am

I'll be honest and say that's something I noticed right away too. I use needle files - they're inexpensive and last a while. This is the set I ordered. flower

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1   Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1 EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 8:25 am

Thank you! I will do that next time Very Happy

"This item does not ship to Poland. Please check other sellers who may ship internationally. " Yeah. Like in 90% auctions on Ebay as well. I feel discriminated! Evil or Very Mad

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1   Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1 EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 8:25 am

Oh no! I'm sorry! If you want to order it you can send it to my address and I can forward it on to you if you like. sunny Hopefully ou can find one that will ship to you, so the shipping cost isn't outrageous.

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1   Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1 EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 9:24 am

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Oh no! I'm sorry! If you want to order it you can send it to my address and I can forward it on to you if you like. sunny Hopefully ou can find one that will ship to you, so the shipping cost isn't outrageous.

Thank you! But don't worry, I will look for these in my local stores Very Happy

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1   Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1 EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 10:05 am

Great repaint Agata! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1   Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1 Empty

Back to top Go down

Collecta Tenessee Walking Horse FINISHED! p.1
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next