Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015

Go down 
+6
DaveScriv
Jennypurr
Tiermann
Deseo
LeeAnn
widukind
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Deseo

Deseo

Country/State : Finland

Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015 Empty
PostSubject: Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015   Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 8:36 am

Deseo's mystery dogs

I know great many plastic dogs, but still completely weird doggies pops up every now and then. Some of them might stay a mystery forever but some of then look so familiar, that I'm sure the answer is somewhere close, I just need to find it.
Does anyone know these dogs? Any information is good  Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
2. Peterkins - ?
3. Sad Sam from 80's - MYSTERY SOLVED
5. (c) S,LU - ?

2. Yellow eyes. Some chinese or japanese text on it.

3. Maybe Mattel?
4. Maybe Mattel?
5. Maybe Mattel?

7. wolf - ?

1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10&11

6. Europiay - maybe some sort a copy of some europlay figure?

3. Elkhound -?

1. These three belog to same series

Boblehead dogs, about 4cm tall.

Sometime ago I created  fb-page for my collection (or specially just to be a place where I can post all my wanted, unknown and sales). I have added most of my unknown dogs there. You can find more pics there.  Very Happy
Facebook - Deseo's mystery dogs
(Don't worry if you aren't in Facebook, I made my page visible for everyone. )

Last edited by Deseo on Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:30 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://deseo.suntuubi.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015   Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 1:25 pm

Marx or Auburn?? could be possible but i dont know:)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015   Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 8:28 pm

They're beautiful! Sorry I can't help.

Deseo

PostSubject: Re: Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015   Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015 EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 11:34 am

widukind wrote:
Marx or Auburn?? could be possible but i dont know:)
Could be study  Is there any old database or something where to look? My fast google search didn't give me answers.
Thank you anyways cheers

LeeAnn wrote:
They're beautiful! Sorry I can't help.
They are really nice sculptures Very Happy

Maybe I'll turn this topic for all my unknown dogs. Sometime ago I created  fb-page for my collection (or specially just to be a place where I can post all my wanted, unknown and sales). I have added most of my unknown dogs there. Maybe someone here recognize some of my mystery dogs Very Happy

Here is the link. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(Don't worry if you aren't in Facebook, I made my page visible for everyone. You can comment directly there or copy my pic here.)
Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015   Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015 EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 12:36 pm

They are nice dogs. Not Marx or Auburn. All Auburn dogs are on the Wiki, and Marx ones that aren't can be found on the ToySoldierHQ pages at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

No help on any of your other mystery dogs either, sorry

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Jennypurr

Country/State : Tennessee, USA

PostSubject: Re: Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015   Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 10:05 pm

Deseo wrote:

Maybe I'll turn this topic for all my unknown dogs.
Sometime ago I created  fb-page for my collection (or specially just to be a place where I can post all my wanted, unknown and sales). I have added most of my unknown dogs there. Maybe someone here recognize some of my mystery dogs  study

Here is the link. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(Don't worry if you aren't in Facebook, I made my page visible for everyone. You can comment directly there or copy my pic here.)

Pretty sure the second dog from the left in the 3rd row is a Disney character.  Don't remember which movie, but might have been 101 Dalmations.
Back to top Go down
DaveScriv

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015   Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 2:59 am

2nd row, 1st frame with 5 small photos, the sitting Dalmatian puppy with collar looks like one from the 101 Dalmatians 'Disneykins' set by Marx - made in Hong Kong by local contractors (Marx Corp had an office in HK to arrange such contract production, but didn't actually own their own factory there) in the early 1960s.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015   Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 8:37 am

Great this topic was brought back up because I didn't notice the link the first time! Very Happy

This basset hound is not a Barbie product but is from Mattell, in their recalled "Doggie Daycare" line.

Here's the packaging:

I had this set once and wanted to sell it but then I found out it was recalled so I couldn't sell it. Mattell took it back and gave me credit to use on something else. Smile

Deseo

PostSubject: Re: Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015   Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 4:16 pm

Tiermann wrote:
They are nice dogs. Not Marx or Auburn. All Auburn dogs are on the Wiki, and Marx ones that aren't can be found on the ToySoldierHQ pages at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Thank you so much for the link!  cheers

Jennypurr wrote:

Pretty sure the second dog from the left in the 3rd row is a Disney character.  Don't remember which movie, but might have been 101 Dalmations.
PICTURE
Yes, 101 Dalmatians have at least one bobtail but google says the figure is different than this. I've thought also Max from Little Mermaid but no results from there either. I think I'm missing something  scratch

DaveScriv wrote:
2nd row, 1st frame with 5 small photos, the sitting Dalmatian puppy with collar looks like one from the 101 Dalmatians 'Disneykins' set by Marx - made in Hong Kong by local contractors (Marx Corp had an office in HK to arrange such contract production, but didn't actually own their own factory there) in the early 1960s.
PICTURE
Very interesting information. Maybe it is a copy of Marx dog. These dogs in this frame are definitely from same series. They are very tough rubberlike plastic and about 6cm high. They have weird about 2cm diameter hole in their bottom. I tought tei were some sort of pencil decorations but they are way too big for that.  What a Face

LeeAnn wrote:
Great this topic was brought back up because I didn't notice the link the first time! Very Happy

This basset hound is not a Barbie product but is from Mattell, in their recalled "Doggie Daycare" line.

Here's the packaging:

I had this set once and wanted to sell it but then I found out it was recalled so I couldn't sell it. Mattell took it back and gave me credit to use on something else. Smile
Thank you so much for this information and picture of the set. cheers
I did some quick research and found THIS
Dangerous magnets, very interesting  study
Back to top Go down
Deseo

Deseo

PostSubject: Re: Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015   Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 2:27 pm

Some more dogs added study

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015   Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 4:06 pm

I have that first dalmatian - I don't believe a brand name was given, but it was sold in a lot of 6 or 12 on eBay as "big head dogs." The same person had "big head horses" as well Very Happy

Perhaps the fuzzy ones are from "Puppy in my Pocket?"

smallscaleworld

Country/State : Hampshire, UK

PostSubject: Re: Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015   Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 6:03 pm

Sixth image down, the two rubbery-looking ones on the right hand end...one of them might be an eraser from Diener Industries...they were also European (French?) premiums at some point (with card display backing/theatre), with Shell or Esso? But as they don't seem to match each-other terribly well, if one of them is from that set it will probably only be the one!!! scratch

eBay - smallscaleworld
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015   Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 9:40 pm

Don't know any but the little tailless collie #9 in the photo with the red pup in the middle is cute!

This boxer is repainted already in the photo, original was VERY bad. No mark other than BOXER and CHINA. Feels hollow, and made of 2 parts.
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015   Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 11:37 am

Deseo wrote:
7. wolf - ?

Your wolf (#7) really reminds me of the Fisher Price wolves, but than older. Here is a newer one. Same pose, but the details are a bit different. And yours is probably smaller and can't move Wink

EDIT Look, here it is! Fisher Price indeed! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Jennypurr

PostSubject: Re: Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015   Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 12:23 pm

The 4th dog (the gray & white one) in the 5th photo is Nana (an Old English Sheepdog) from a Peter Pan set of toys.  I've seen the entire set but don't recall who made it.

I <might> be able to look up some of the other dogs in my copy of Geppert's Guides For Non-metallic Toy Soldiers of the US.  while it is mostly toy soldiers/humans, there's also lots of animals.  Can't find any made after 1980 though.
Back to top Go down
Jennypurr

PostSubject: Re: Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015   Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 3:28 pm

Think I found some of the dogs!  Still don't know who made them but Oriental Trading Company has a pack of toy dogs, some of which looks like the ones in the 8th photo.  Here's the link:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And there's a number of lots of toy dogs on Amazon: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

None of these says who the manufactured the dogs though.
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015   Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015 EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 2:55 pm

Jennypurr, my boxer looked like one of the ones in the Amazon lots. No name still, but you can see why I wanted to repaint lol.
I live near US Toys, which seems to be an outlet for Oriental Trading- they market mostly mailorder to churches, schools etc. but (at least when my daughter was small) anyone can go in and buy stuff. I've thought of going to check them out, I will if I get a chance.
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015   Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015 EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 4:19 pm

Picture 8-the black and white collie type dog is a made in chine model from the 90s-I have the same one and it came in a set with various farm animals.

Deseo

PostSubject: Re: Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015   Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 2:30 pm

LeeAnn wrote:
I have that first dalmatian - I don't believe a brand name was given, but it was sold in a lot of 6 or 12 on eBay as "big head dogs." The same person had "big head horses" as well Very Happy

Perhaps the fuzzy ones are from "Puppy in my Pocket?"
Oh I found them from ebay. Thank you so much! cheers
I was able to track them down to the supplier, Fun Express. Bropably some China origin.

Fuzzy ones are about same size as In My Pocket dogs, but the style is totally different. I've found there is at least 8 different of them. Maybe Iland Trading (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.? scratch

smallscaleworld wrote:
Sixth image down, the two rubbery-looking ones on the right hand end...one of them might be an eraser from Diener Industries...they were also European (French?) premiums at some point (with card display backing/theatre), with Shell or Esso? But as they don't seem to match each-other terribly well, if one of them is from that set it will probably only be the one!!! scratch
Interesting, I had never heard of Diener Industries.  study These two rubbery dogs are propably came from chocolate eggs in late 90's or so.

pipsxlch wrote:
Don't know any but the little tailless collie #9 in the photo with the red pup in the middle is cute!

This boxer is repainted already in the photo, original was VERY bad. No mark other than BOXER and CHINA. Feels hollow, and made of 2 parts.
This boxer is made by Chinese Shing Hing Toys. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Tarunyada wrote:

Your wolf (#7) really reminds me of the Fisher Price wolves, but than older. Here is a newer one. Same pose, but the details are a bit different. And yours is probably smaller and can't move Wink

Ooh, there it is. Thank you so much  cheers

Jennypurr wrote:
The 4th dog (the gray & white one) in the 5th photo is Nana (an Old English Sheepdog) from a Peter Pan set of toys.  I've seen the entire set but don't recall who made it.
But isn't Nana brownish? Shocked Well toy manufacturers can be really imaginative with the colors sometimes  Laughing  Thanks!

Taos wrote:
Picture 8-the black and white collie type dog is a made in chine model from the 90s-I have the same one and it came in a set with various farm animals.
Thank you so much! I finally found this  doggie. It is from Funrise farm set from 1989. cheers
Back to top Go down
Deseo

Deseo

PostSubject: Re: Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015   Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 2:36 pm

Jennypurr wrote:
Think I found some of the dogs!  Still don't know who made them but Oriental Trading Company has a pack of toy dogs, some of which looks like the ones in the 8th photo.  Here's the link:

And there's a number of lots of toy dogs on Amazon: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

None of these says who the manufactured the dogs though.

Thanks for the links. So many interesting dogs cheers

Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015   Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 8:37 am

Deseo wrote:
Tarunyada wrote:

Ooh, there it is. Thank you so much  cheers

You're very welcome, I'm glad I could help you out! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015   Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015 EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 12:58 pm

Here is the unidentified Border collie from my daughter's old toy collection- that makes it at least 10 years old. The only stamp on it is 'Made in China'. I've always liked him- simple and rather crudely sculpted but it works.
(the photobombing dragon is also a no-name found yesterday at a thrift store)

This dingo (I think) is just stamped 'Made in China'. It's a flea market find.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015   Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015 Empty

Back to top Go down

Deseo's mystery dogs - updated 6.6.2015
Page 1 of 1