Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!!

Go down 
+21
lucky luke
A-J
HKHollinstone
stecal
kudu11
costicuba
NightLioness
ulinuk
Florian
MartinH
Kikimalou
JonasV
sadie3112
Ana
widukind
Fisva
scot(t)
elephas_maximus
LeeAnn
skysthelimit
SUSANNE
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!! Empty
PostSubject: Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!!   Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!! EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 11:12 pm

The cheetas from Mojo 2014 are beautyful ! No doubt about that, - but unfortunately the paintwork does not do them justice.

So it was enormously tempting to ask Kosta to repaint them, - I could not resist  Embarassed
He agreed, - and for many, many days poor Kosta was painting spots whenever he had time  Laughing

Yesterday they arrived here, and...WOW  cheers  cheers

Please forgive me the many photos.
They are so carfully made, - so many fine details, - well take a look and enjoy  Very Happy  Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Compared to the male with the original colour  Rolling Eyes  Very Happy

The original kitten has got a spray of something grey in the head, - Kosta has transformed it to the most lovely little kittie  cheers

Look at this gorgeous boy  Very Happy

And some detail Wink

Hurray for Kosta, - thankyou, thankyou thankyou for spending so much time to make such perfect models for me cheers Applause flower sunny cheers

skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!!   Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 12:06 am

That's completely different story cheers

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!!   Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 2:24 am

They are just stunning! They look like completely different models! I can't imagine how many hours went into painting all the spots cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!!   Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 7:10 am

Shocked Wonderful job Applause

I' ve spent 10 minutes now finding the right English words to tell my point... I can't ! So...

cheers Applause drunken cheers Applause drunken cheers Applause drunken cheers Applause drunken cheers Applause drunken cheers Applause drunken
Back to top Go down
elephas_maximus

PostSubject: Re: Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!!   Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 7:49 am

Susanne you are very lucky to have this great repaint. It looks completely different and really brings out the best in the model.
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!!   Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 7:52 am

Holy crap. Shocked Shocked

The difference is jaw-dropping.

I'm afraid to say that I would never, ever, consider purchasing the Mojo cheetahs now. These repaints have thoroughly ruined me on the factory paintwork. I could never look at the original model and be satisfied. (Anna's repaint of the Papo Reindeer, for example, was brilliant and a huge improvement, but I could still look at my factory version of the model and get some pleasure. Not so in this case.)

Amazing amazing repaints. Lovely models. And Susanne, you are a very fortunate collector!!
Back to top Go down
Fisva

Fisva

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!!   Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 8:09 am

Oaaaaah, AWESOME!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!!   Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 8:15 am

Really a phantastic repaint!! Very very nice!!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!!   Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 9:20 am

Wow, that's really amazing. The difference is huge. Absolutely completely different story now. These cheetahs are nicely sculpted but the factory painting was way too simple. With new painting they look almost alive!!! Very Happy

Amazing work Kosta!!!cheers

Lucky lucky Susanne!!!! cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
sadie3112

sadie3112

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!!   Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 9:36 am

Amazing paintwork Kosta cheers Congratulations Susanne, the models are truly beautiful and lifelike now sunny

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!!   Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 9:36 am

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked FANTASTIC! Shocked

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!!   Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:19 am

scot(t) wrote:
Holy crap.  Shocked Shocked

The difference is jaw-dropping.

I'm afraid to say that I would never, ever, consider purchasing the Mojo cheetahs now. These repaints have thoroughly ruined me on the factory paintwork. I could never look at the original model and be satisfied. (Anna's repaint of the Papo Reindeer, for example, was brilliant and a huge improvement, but I could still look at my factory version of the model and get some pleasure. Not so in this case.)

Amazing amazing repaints. Lovely models. And Susanne, you are a very fortunate collector!!

I have the opposite feeling Laughing Before looking at these beauties I didn't want to buy the Mojo couple... Now it is very tempting, with good brushes and a looooooot of time Wink
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!!   Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:24 am

NOW THAT´S A CHEETAH!!!! Applause Applause Applause Applause

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Florian

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!!   Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:26 am

Too AMAZING :)

How money Kosta ask to repaint a figure like the sheetah ?

It's really beautiful. CONGRATS sunny sunny

ulinuk

ulinuk

Country/State : Czech republic

PostSubject: Re: Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!!   Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:47 am

Beautiful!!! cheers cheers cheers

http://mirukam.webnode.cz/
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!!   Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 11:06 am

Oooohmygod!!!!!!!!!!! ...... *drools*

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!!   Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 1:45 pm

Wowwww
Susanne, thank you so much for all these beautiful photos... cheers
Like I told you, I forgot to take a photos of the repainted cheetahs, but anyway,
my pictures wouldn`t be as half as good like your great photos.
So I downloaded all of them :)
I used all my attention and good energie for these repaints.., and I gave my best,
trying to improve these two nice Mojo models.
They are very nice sculpted, but they just need better colors :)
And yes.... it was a lot of spots bounce Laughing
I just made a mistake.... trying to protect them from the other stuffs in a box,
I put them in a piece of fabric cotton....but from your wonderful photos , I see now, that, they have fiber, stick to them.....
Shame on me ... Mad
I hope , that you can clean them.. :)
I`m very happy that you like the new look of the cheetahs :)
And thank you very much friends, for all your kind words Embarassed sunny
afro

kudu11

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!!   Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!! EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 9:24 am

Congratulations. They are stunning cheers
Back to top Go down
stecal

stecal

Country/State : dorset england

PostSubject: Re: Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!!   Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!! EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 9:58 am

Wow they are so much better than the originals, there are so many talented people on here
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collections/by/stecal
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!!   Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!! EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 10:01 am

My goodness!! They are AMAZING, what stunning paintwork. Congratulations Susanne!! cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!!   Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!! EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 4:27 pm

Ooooh, what a beauties they've become I love you
Next to the OF one, the OF one looks very dull...

Congrats cheers

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!!   Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!! EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 8:49 pm

phantastic repaint Kosta Very Happy Cool sunny sunny sunny cheers study
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!!   Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!! EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 9:31 pm

It is hard to believe that it was a human who did it! Shocked
OK, I am not surprised about the quality of the mold, I always told it was good, though, it is impressive the level of detail that Kosta gave to these figures. Superb, really superb! cheers
Female cheetah with cub that seemed less impressive just turned in a masterpiece. I hope Mojo can give a better painting in future, surely nothing comparable with Kosta's repaint but something that gives more justice to the figure than the current factory painting. bounce
Congratulations Susanne, you should feel very proud of these repaintings, we can see you gave your best to make the best pictures to show them and a big Hurray to Kosta's talent! cheers

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!!   Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!! EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 9:51 pm

I think it is safe to say that Kosta has elevated these to a level where their original paint jobs look like they were factory rejects.

Truly well done. I think everyone will soon be scrambling to get a repaint Very Happy Congrats Susanne. Bravo Kosta!

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!!   Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!! EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 9:54 pm

costicuba wrote:

I just made a mistake.... trying to protect them from the other stuffs in a box,
I put them in a piece of fabric cotton....but from your wonderful photos , I see now, that, they have fiber, stick to them.....
Shame on me ... Mad
I hope , that you can clean them.. :)
I`m very happy that you like the new look of the cheetahs :)

If it helps at all, when I pack my model horse customs, they go first in plastic (such as a sandwich bag for the smaller ones), then wrapped in toilet paper, then in several layers of bubble wrap, then in tissue paper. The plastic keeps the fibers from sticking. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!!   Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next