Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!!

Go down 
+21
lucky luke
A-J
HKHollinstone
stecal
kudu11
costicuba
NightLioness
ulinuk
Florian
MartinH
Kikimalou
JonasV
sadie3112
Ana
widukind
Fisva
scot(t)
elephas_maximus
LeeAnn
skysthelimit
SUSANNE
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!!   Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 11:13 pm

One more BIG : Thank you everybody, for your nice and kind words.
And thank you LeeAnn for your advice .. Yes, it helps :))

A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

PostSubject: Re: Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!!   Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 10:57 pm

I've just seen these- congratulations Susanne and congratulations Kosta! These cheetahs look like the best in their new coats- they make the sculpture even better, even under the scrutiny of close-up photos. I like the slightly larger dorsal spots on the male- a nice detail.

Scott, I agree with Christophe that these types of posts should inspire us to keep the paintbrushes ready and be on the lookout for sculptures that need a makeover.

It's good that my old AAA mother cheetah is not here to see these pictures- what excuse could I give for her funny green eyes?

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!!   Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 4:19 am

Kikimalou wrote:
scot(t) wrote:
Holy crap.  Shocked Shocked
I'm afraid to say that I would never, ever, consider purchasing the Mojo cheetahs now. These repaints have thoroughly ruined me on the factory paintwork.

I have the opposite feeling Laughing  Before looking at these beauties I didn't want to buy the Mojo couple... Now it is very tempting, with good brushes and a looooooot of time Wink

A.R.Garcia wrote:

Scott, I agree with Christophe that these types of posts should inspire us to keep the paintbrushes ready and be on the lookout for sculptures that need a makeover.

Alas, not all of us have the time, inclination, and most importantly and crucially, the ability to repaint sculpts worthy of a painting makeover. And there are too many models out there in need of repainting, even if I had that ability. But since I don't, I have to take the factory paintwork into account when making my decisions about what I buy.

As I said before, I can live with the mediocre paintwork on -- for example -- the Papo Reindeer, or the Papo Grizzly Bear; those sculpts are very lovely and the paintwork doesn't ruin the figure (for me at least). In the case of these Cheetahs, Kosta's paintwork elevates the figures to the level of masterpieces (in my opinion), but the factory-painted versions are still thoroughly awful.

Regardless of my private purchasing decisions, however, I'd love to see what others do with these Mojo Cheetahs. Christophe and Andy, if you repaint these figures, please post pictures! Seriously. I hope you'll both buy them and repaint them. (You'd have to repaint them if you bought them.) Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

PostSubject: Re: Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!!   Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 12:28 am

Of course your point of view makes sense Scott, and high-quality paintwork is preferable. In my case it is the size of these cheetahs that is a bit larger than what I would look for right now. I will definitely enjoy them here, though, thanks to Susanne and Kosta.

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!!   Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 7:00 am

A.R.Garcia wrote:
Of course your point of view makes sense Scott, and high-quality paintwork is preferable. In my case it is the size of these cheetahs that is a bit larger than what I would look for right now. I will definitely enjoy them here, though, thanks to Susanne and Kosta.

That makes sense Andy. I agree with you: the figures are a bit larger than my ideal. My favorite cheetahs (by major companies) -- the schleich cheetah that came with the Elf set and the CollectA King Cheetah -- are almost too large for my taste. But I am genuinely disappointed you won't be custom painting these figures. Kosta's repaints are wonderful, but I'd love to see them redone by other skilled painters as well. Christophe, I hope you repaint them.
Back to top Go down
MiniZoo

MiniZoo

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!!   Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 8:19 am

This is how they SHOULD be painted!! So much more realistic... also makes the sculpt appear even better. Well done Applause Applause
Back to top Go down
http://www.minizoo.com.au/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!!   Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 11:27 am

scot(t) wrote:
Christophe, I hope you repaint them.

Scott, are you asking me or someone else ? If it's me, what do you mean by them? I mean which ones. Very Happy

Last edited by Kikimalou on Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!!   Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 6:11 pm

I was talking about the cheetahs. All I meant was that, if others repaint them as well, I'd love to see pictures.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!!   Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 10:47 pm

scot(t) wrote:
I was talking about the cheetahs. All I meant was that, if others repaint them as well, I'd love to see pictures.

I only asked because I was confused Scott, since you talked about different cheetahs. I wanted your confirmation. Very Happy
I think I will have to make choices in 2015 like this year, so probably I will not buy this pair.
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!!   Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am

Kikimalou wrote:
scot(t) wrote:

I only asked because I was confused Scott, since you talked about different cheetahs. I wanted your confirmation. Very Happy
I think I will have to make choices in 2015 like this year, so probably I will not buy this pair.

Well maybe I'll buy one of the Mojo Cheetahs and send it to you and demand that you repaint it. Wink

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!!   Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mojo cheetahs masterly repainted by Kosta !!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Customs and Homemade models :: Custom figures and accessories-
Jump to: