Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

AAA Custom Zebra

Go down 
+4
schleich61
Philter4
WILLYBACOMAN
HKHollinstone
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

AAA Custom Zebra - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Custom Zebra   AAA Custom Zebra - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 9:15 am

Philter4 wrote:
[Quote = "HKHollinstone"]
Great you got it! Nice of Steve to bid for you. Will you repaint it? I think the one you got is in pretty good condition. [/ Quote]

Yes, I'll repaint him, I love your repaint, much better then I do, but mine are ok, I don't know why but I can drew with pencil or charcoal, in fact I mentioned on an earlier post (maybe on LG) I do very accurate fish drawings, the correct scale rows and fin ray counts, stuff like that, and have been paid for drawings that have been published in papers on particular species, but if I have to have color, or do ink or any other media I suck. the good thing about zebra is I just paint the whole model white, and then add stripes so there is no mixing of colors and the end results is ok.

I got a great Lineol zebra from Christophe, but the paint was chipped and repainted him to match the Schleich herd and that one I am very proud of, the same for Safari, I turned on of their zebra figures into a mountain zebra, adding a dewlap and then repainted it. I also made the Wallmart brand, I think it is HD, but I don't remember, into a Grevy's zebra, but the stiping is so thin and I don't really like it that much so I may repaint it. The problem for me with the very thin stripes is the brush I have is too soft so the stripes come out shaky. I need to get a stiff brush to do them, but that is for another day.

Are you going to bid on that other AAA zebra, right now there are no bids and it is the same price, 0.99 so it could be cheap if no one else bid on him.

I'd like to see your fish drawings Phil.
I might bid on them, I found another with a foal as well here's a link...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
and another one with a cammal etc...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Was the above the one you were talking about?

Your repainted Zebras, which I've seen in your lovely Dioramas, are really nice, you've painted them beautifully. Yes, as you say, it's easier painting things that are solid colours (Black/white) it is difficult mixing colours I agree.
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: AAA Custom Zebra   AAA Custom Zebra - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 9:39 am

Philter4 wrote:
It'll be easy, just call me 4 or philter (because of my fish tanks) and Phil can be other Phil or just phil

Hello, Philter. Boy, this is getting really confusing now. Am I still me, or am I now you? Are we now each other's doppelgänger???
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: AAA Custom Zebra   AAA Custom Zebra - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 10:03 am

I'd like to see your fish drawings PHIL [/ Quote]

While I am sick I am in CA, when my transplant team says I can go home full time I will get some of them out and send you a few shots of them. There are several things that I don't like about living with family, one is I don't have room for all of my stuff, but again a small price to pay to return to my life when the time comes. Most of my fish drawings are scientific, so a side shot, but if you count the scale rows or fin rays, or measure the diameter of the eye compared to the snout length, they are accurate so they can be used on papers on the particular fish species that is being discussed. I guess what I am trying to say is they are kind of boaring as far as art is concerned.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: AAA Custom Zebra   AAA Custom Zebra - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 10:12 am

Philter4 wrote:

I'd like to see your fish drawings PHIL [/ Quote]

While I am sick I am in CA, when my transplant team says I can go home full time I will get some of them out and send you a few shots of them. There are several things that I don't like about living with family, one is I don't have room for all of my stuff, but again a small price to pay to return to my life when the time comes. Most of my fish drawings are scientific, so a side shot, but if you count the scale rows or fin rays, or measure the diameter of the eye compared to the snout length, they are accurate so they can be used on papers on the particular fish species that is being discussed. I guess what I am trying to say is they are kind of boaring as far as art is concerned.

I'll be interested in seeing them anyway, I like seeing other people's artwork. :)
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

PostSubject: Re: AAA Custom Zebra   AAA Custom Zebra - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 10:48 am

Just remind me when I start posting from FL and I would be happy to send a few shots of the originals, my only concern is last time, I was 12 years younger, in better shape, and it took 10 months to return to a normal life. This time I hope to be a year, but I'm not looking that far ahead yet. I have a lot of hurdles to overcome before I can start to think about things like that and if I start now I don't want to be impatient.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: AAA Custom Zebra   AAA Custom Zebra - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 10:56 am

Philter4 wrote:
Just remind me when I start posting from FL and I would be happy to send a few shots of the originals, my only concern is last time, I was 12 years younger, in better shape, and it took 10 months to return to a normal life. This time I hope to be a year, but I'm not looking that far ahead yet. I have a lot of hurdles to overcome before I can start to think about things like that and if I start now I don't want to be impatient.

OK Phil.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: AAA Custom Zebra   AAA Custom Zebra - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 4:33 pm

Very nice painting, it gives me some ideas...

I wish I could have more time... Sleep
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: AAA Custom Zebra   AAA Custom Zebra - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 6:56 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Very nice painting, it gives me some ideas...

I wish I could have more time... Sleep
Thanks Kiki!
Back to top Go down
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: AAA Custom Zebra   AAA Custom Zebra - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 11:38 pm

Great repaint. It looks so much better with the new paint job.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: AAA Custom Zebra   AAA Custom Zebra - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 11:41 pm

aandmkw wrote:
Great repaint. It looks so much better with the new paint job.
Thank you Amy!
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: AAA Custom Zebra   AAA Custom Zebra - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 1:51 am

Haha, yes this could be confusing in some cases.
I think the best would be to call eachother at the nickname maybe then...

The AAA models do have a kind of nice texture in some cases, sometimes even overdone i would say...

I would like to have the Noah's Pals line too, just to have them in the collection.
The scale seems strange to me in some cases indeed, and as zebra's belong to my favourites too, i find those NP zebra's a little bit to "chubby"on the "rear" end ...
Back to top Go down
Gast

PostSubject: Re: AAA Custom Zebra   AAA Custom Zebra - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 2:30 am

Nice zebra, I like the pose.

I haven't seen them in person before, but the Noah's pals seem good. I like their antelopes. The scale seems okay on pictures.
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

PostSubject: Re: AAA Custom Zebra   AAA Custom Zebra - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 2:47 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Haha, yes this could be confusing in some cases.
I think the best would be to call eachother at the nickname maybe then...

The AAA models do have a kind of nice texture in some cases, sometimes even overdone i would say...

I would like to have the Noah's Pals line too, just to have them in the collection.
The scale seems strange to me in some cases indeed, and as zebra's belong to my favourites too, i find those NP zebra's a little bit to "chubby"on the "rear" end ...

Noah's Pals are all in the 1:24 scale, they don't fit in my dioramas, except for a few, the ostriches are big enough, and the muntjaks, as well as the elephants, but the zebra and the antilope are definatly too small to look good.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: AAA Custom Zebra   AAA Custom Zebra - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 1:46 am

The Noah's Pals are a nice line to collect, but they use some different scales indeed.
And some of the models are just a kind of chubby, like zebra's for example.
For that, some of the antelopes are too small or so, and that is a shame, because they made some rare species, specially in this section.
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

PostSubject: Re: AAA Custom Zebra   AAA Custom Zebra - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 4:41 am

I have the whole set of Noah's Pals, each pr comes in a box, and on the box it says the scale is 1:24. Some of the animals do look chubby, for instance the nyala the males legs are very short and his body kind of fat. There are other problems as well, for instance the fir seal only has one back flipper, not two like in life, but as a set they are nice. My biggest problem is even though they are supposed to be the same scale, the ostrich is too big, but that actually helps me as my scale is 1:22 and they fit perfectly in my diorama. Same goes for the male giraffe and the female elephant, the fit will but their partners do not really work.

Another thing that is dissapointing is the difference between 1:24 and 1:22, I will try to get a photo of them next to the Schleich, but the size difference is so big they can't be used in the same diorama. These are just my own opinion, as far as a collection goes they are pretty good, over all I would recomend any to people who collect.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: AAA Custom Zebra   AAA Custom Zebra - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 4:46 pm

Well, i will get them anyway one day, as i think, i must have them as a serious animal-model collector... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Gab

PostSubject: Great fine job   AAA Custom Zebra - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 7:53 am

Beautiful job great Zebra work.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: AAA Custom Zebra   AAA Custom Zebra - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 7:54 am

Gab wrote:
Beautiful job great Zebra work.
Thank you Gab Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AAA Custom Zebra   AAA Custom Zebra - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

AAA Custom Zebra
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2