Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Moving to South Korea. Advice and tips please. :)

Go down 
+3
Lady_Dovahkiin
QuollMate
Roger
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Lady_Dovahkiin

Lady_Dovahkiin

Country/State : Middle of Nowhere,Canada

Moving to South Korea. Advice and tips please. :) Empty
PostSubject: Moving to South Korea. Advice and tips please. :)   Moving to South Korea. Advice and tips please. :) EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 3:24 am

Hello everyone :) I'm not sure if this is the right place to post,if not admin please move :)

I'm going to be living in South Korea with my fiancee (husband by the time I'm there) on Osan Air Base and I was wondering if there was anywhere near Osan/Seoul area (or closeish) where I could find model animals of any brand? That's the real question,eh? Wink
I'm not taking more than 5 models with me and I'd like to be able to buy more,especially brands I cannot get around here. Safari Ltd,Mojo,Papo,Bullyland well basically all beside Breyer and Schleich I cannot get around here. If anyone is wondering I collect every brand and every animal so any lead would be appreciated. Oh and also if anyone is worried I'm not selling or giving away my models they will be safety at my parents house until my fiancee and I move back to Newfoundland. I'd never sell my babies.

Also an unrelated question,is there any stables around? Or farms? I've never been there and my fiancee spends 98% of his time on base,so it's really new to both of us. Is anyone on this forum from there or currently living there? I'd love to meet up and chat sometime. That being said,ANY tips on anything would be VERY appreciated :) We will be there for almost a year or so.

Sorry that I haven't been very active. Sad

cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Moving to South Korea. Advice and tips please. :)   Moving to South Korea. Advice and tips please. :) EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 9:15 am

WOW ! What a fantastic experience for you cheers
I hope you find some other spouses whith whom you can go on trips in the area !

Many years ago my dad worked on such bases, and when I came to visit, my Mom and I had a glorious time exploring the areas - and shopping, of course Laughing
There was this kind of American store on the base, PX, I think it was called.
Perhaps they also have model animals ? Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Moving to South Korea. Advice and tips please. :)   Moving to South Korea. Advice and tips please. :) EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 8:10 pm

We have a few Korean members, though I am not sure they will see your topic. Beside them I don't believe many people can help you, unless it is someone working for a company. Being it a 200 thousands habitants city, really close to the capital Seoul, I believe you'll be able of finding some figures, not sure if all brands are there represented. I wish you all luck in this new adventure with your husband. Very Happy

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Moving to South Korea. Advice and tips please. :)   Moving to South Korea. Advice and tips please. :) EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 4:58 am

Hi! Best of luck on the base. If you won't be there for a long time, I wouldn't worry. You might find some cool stuff we have never heard of before! Anyways, best of luck, you may as well shop online. I haven't bought from a local store in years, as I find more online. Very Happy

exclamation MY SEARCHLIST exclamation
exclamation EBAY STORE exclamation
exclamation TRADE LIST exclamation

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
https://www.instagram.com/olympus_593

Concorde Page
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde

Collectibles Page
https://instagram.com/supersonic_trilobite
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
Lady_Dovahkiin

Lady_Dovahkiin

PostSubject: Re: Moving to South Korea. Advice and tips please. :)   Moving to South Korea. Advice and tips please. :) EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 7:38 pm

Thanks everyone so very much! :) I'm really excited because I can order from almost any US site and have them ship to the base,which is something I could never do in Canada. Even though it's way closer haha! :) So that's a bonus as I can't even order very many where I live.
I'm really nervous though,since I've never even been off the island I live on. But I trust my fiancee so I know I will be safe,but it's still a little scary.

Back to top Go down
Lady_Dovahkiin

Lady_Dovahkiin

PostSubject: Re: Moving to South Korea. Advice and tips please. :)   Moving to South Korea. Advice and tips please. :) EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 7:39 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
WOW ! What a fantastic experience for you cheers
I hope you find some other spouses whith whom you can go on trips in the area !

Many years ago my dad worked on such bases, and when I came to visit, my Mom and I had a glorious time exploring the areas - and shopping, of course Laughing  
There was this kind of American store on the base, PX, I think it was called.
Perhaps they also have model animals ? Very Happy

Thank you! Very Happy We are also suppose to be going to Japan,Thailand,Alaska and a few other places. If we do I will be posting lots of pictures of my Schleich's all over the world!! I'm planning on taking a few and taking pictures of them everywhere I go. I think it would be a really awesome keepsake as my animals are such a big part of my life.

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Moving to South Korea. Advice and tips please. :)   Moving to South Korea. Advice and tips please. :) EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 1:29 pm

That sounds so exciting! Hope you can find everything you want to and have a great time cheers

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. I love you
Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Moving to South Korea. Advice and tips please. :)   Moving to South Korea. Advice and tips please. :) EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 8:16 am

Last edited by schleich61 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Moving to South Korea. Advice and tips please. :)   Moving to South Korea. Advice and tips please. :) EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 1:59 pm

Lady_Dovahkiin wrote:

We are also suppose to be going to Japan,Thailand,Alaska and a few other places. If we do I will be posting lots of pictures of my Schleich's all over the world!! I'm planning on taking a few and taking pictures of them everywhere I go. I think it would be a really awesome keepsake as my animals are such a big part of my life.

cheers cheers cheers

Yes ! Yes ! Please bounce cheers
What a glorious idea ! Very Happy Very Happy

sadie3112

sadie3112

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Moving to South Korea. Advice and tips please. :)   Moving to South Korea. Advice and tips please. :) EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 7:32 pm

Lady_Dovahkiin wrote:

Thank you! Very Happy We are also suppose to be going to Japan,Thailand,Alaska and a few other places. If we do I will be posting lots of pictures of my Schleich's all over the world!! I'm planning on taking a few and taking pictures of them everywhere I go. I think it would be a really awesome keepsake as my animals are such a big part of my life.

cheers cheers cheers

That sounds like an amazing idea! I'm sure many of us would love to see your photos flower

PostSubject: Re: Moving to South Korea. Advice and tips please. :)   Moving to South Korea. Advice and tips please. :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Moving to South Korea. Advice and tips please. :)
Page 1 of 1