Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Holiday Rush Delays

Go down 
+2
LeeAnn
stecal
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sauroid

sauroid

Country/State : usa

Holiday Rush Delays Empty
PostSubject: Holiday Rush Delays   Holiday Rush Delays EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 3:35 pm

are there others here having delayed shipment problems due to the christmas season rush? i have sent parcels to a couple of fellow collectors and as far as i know, they havent received their respective packages yet, and same case with a collector based in europe who sent a couple of parcels to me and i havent received them yet. the worries/anxiety is nightmarish and is killing me. Mad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
stecal

stecal

Country/State : dorset england

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Rush Delays   Holiday Rush Delays EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 3:44 pm

i am waiting on a parcel form germany but at this time of the year i expect that, but i did order a game from australia which arrived today just 4 days later which is really fast to the uk even stuff from uk to uk can take longer than that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collections/by/stecal
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Rush Delays   Holiday Rush Delays EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 4:03 pm

Oh yes, it's terribly frustrating isn't it? None of the packages I've sent or received recently have arrived on time. I paid for Priority on all of my last boxes and all arrived very late and/or went way off track (I sent a box to a friend only a few hours from me, it skipped over her city and went to another below her, then went eastward to a different state and finally back to her over a span of three days, I paid for 1-day Priority). I sent a box to a bordering state, paid 3-day Priority. Took 7 days total. Mad Doesn't help to complain since you won't get your money back - was told by the local post office that Priority is no different than any other shipping service, it's just a fancy name and another way for the post office to make money. No guarantees whatsoever. The only time you'll ever get a guarantee is if you use "Priority Express" which you have to pay an arm and a leg for. It's bad enough not having the packages arrive on time, but some of these boxes I sent had perishable items in them, and they took way too long to get there!

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Rush Delays   Holiday Rush Delays EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 5:01 pm

Yep, all postal systems (including private company parcel deliveries) are snowed under at present.

However things can go astray any time of year. Back in October I sent a parcel to a fellow member in Italy - and it went via Latvia! He did get it OK after a couple of weeks.
Alphabetically, Latvia is just after Italy of the EU countries, so I guess it fell into the wrong bag at the UK international sorting depot.
Back to top Go down
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Rush Delays   Holiday Rush Delays EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 5:46 pm

Tell me about it XD I'm working in customer service of a big online shope which name begins with A (no names) - now about 99% of all contacts are about delayed/lost parcels Razz

Christmas is worst time to order/send anything.

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
sauroid

sauroid

Country/State : usa

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Rush Delays   Holiday Rush Delays EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 4:15 am

i really dont mind the delays anymore as long as they arrive at all (both ways)... Sad
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Rush Delays   Holiday Rush Delays EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 7:45 am

Nasty feeling indeed, - the fear of all collectors !!! Shocked

I think the post-businesses have to take in un-experienced, temporary help ! santa santa
Even more this year, - at least in Denmark the E-shopping for christmas has risen to unpredicted high levels, - about 30 % higer than ever before !!! What a Face

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Rush Delays   Holiday Rush Delays Empty

Back to top Go down

Holiday Rush Delays
Page 1 of 1