Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release

Go down 
+15
Saarlooswolfhound
NightLioness
A-J
shadoweon
jarda
arafan
Carola
scot(t)
Roger
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
GiselleGazelle
widukind
SUSANNE
LeeAnn
Seemann
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release    Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 11:10 am

I like the Safari ltd White Wolf..
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release    Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 11:20 am

Giselle, thank you for the walk around! I think this figure looks better on your photos than on catalog photos. In catalog it looked quite strange to me now I think it's quite nice. Congratulations for getting it and big thanks for this nice walk around!!!! cheers

A-J wrote:

Anyway,
Tank you GiselleGazelle for this nice walkaround! As a wolf collector and lover I'm always exited to see new wolf releases and as soon as I saw this one I wanted to see some more "handheld" pictures. I haven't seen it in real live yet. I thing the head is indeed a bit too large, as others have pointed out already, but I like the idea that schleich tried to make the fur look different from a grey wolf instead of just painting a grey wolf white.

To check I was right about the head I did a little photoshop alteration, comparing it with a photo of a real Arctic wolf.

Maybe it's not really the size of the head but rather the size of the nose? I think it should be thinner... and the ears are too large...
study

Very interesting points A-J! I like the comparison you made. Before I saw it I also thought the problem is the size of head but it seems it lays rather in size of ears, the shape of top line (there should be more fur on the area back on the neck), and a bit too short hind legs.
To me it doesn't mean it is a bad figure but I would say there is something what makes this wolf look a bit more dog like. To me it look more like dog than like a wolf. But it's still a nice figure Smile Also the texture remind me more a wooly fur of some dogs breeds rather than shaggy fur of a wolf, but maybe it's just an impression scratch
As for the best representation of Arctic wolf I would still vote for Safari LTD version.

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release    Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 11:32 am

LukaLeon085 wrote:
I like the Safari ltd White Wolf..

So much better than Schleich one! Thanks for remembering me there actually is real looking White wolves out there Very Happy Very Happy

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release    Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2