Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich 1995 Husky Walkaround

Go down 
+6
SUSANNE
JonasV
NightLioness
LeeAnn
Roger
Chewwy
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Chewwy

Chewwy

Country/State : Estonia

Schleich 1995 Husky Walkaround Empty
PostSubject: Schleich 1995 Husky Walkaround   Schleich 1995 Husky Walkaround EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 12:18 pm

Hey
I just found my Schleich 1995 Husky in the mailbox Very Happy I thought I could do a little walkaround.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Here he is! cheers He is very pretty, though the tounge looks kind of unrealistic in colour.

The belly and the blue dot

It has very pretty light blue eyes I love you

Size comparison with the old scale (the 2008 Husky in particular). I was a little dissapointed about how small it was, I was hoping it'd be as big as the old scale. This made me suspect some things but I quickly threw them out of my head. However..

The current Schleich scale fits him perfectly! He has friends Very Happy

I'm very happy with him ^^
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 1995 Husky Walkaround   Schleich 1995 Husky Walkaround EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 3:14 pm

That's a good idea, making a walk around of an old SChleich and comparing it with the newer version. I see you are one among many collectors of Schleich dogs that has a preference for the larger size of old dog figures. They changed it from 1:12 to 1:20 to fit with farm accessories, horses, humans, etc.

Chewwy

Country/State : Estonia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 1995 Husky Walkaround   Schleich 1995 Husky Walkaround EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 3:34 pm

Roger wrote:
That's a good idea, making a walk around of an old SChleich and comparing it with the newer version. I see you are one among many collectors of Schleich dogs that has a preference for the larger size of old dog figures. They changed it from 1:12 to 1:20 to fit with farm accessories, horses, humans, etc.
Yeah, I was thinking that too. The old scale does look a little funny compared to other farm life things Laughing
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 1995 Husky Walkaround   Schleich 1995 Husky Walkaround EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 3:40 pm

He's a charming "old" fellow I love you

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 1995 Husky Walkaround   Schleich 1995 Husky Walkaround EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 4:06 pm

Chewwy wrote:
Roger wrote:
Yeah, I was thinking that too. The old scale does look a little funny compared to other farm life things Laughing

:lol:Exactly! Very Happy Old dogs are in what is called the dollhouse classic scale. They don't fit with Schleich horses but they work perfectly with CollectA Deluxe, Safari Blue Ribbons and Breyer Classics that are much larger figures as you can see in picture below from Carola. Among them you can see one of the largest Schleich horses, the current Shire mare. Laughing

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 1995 Husky Walkaround   Schleich 1995 Husky Walkaround EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 5:06 pm

Aawww, look at that happy face, indeed nice blue eyes! Very Happy
Thank you for the little walkaround Very Happy

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 1995 Husky Walkaround   Schleich 1995 Husky Walkaround EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 6:46 pm

He's in very good condition.. Great find! cheers Thank you for this walk around - I'm sure many people find it helpful sunny

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 1995 Husky Walkaround   Schleich 1995 Husky Walkaround EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 7:38 pm

Great walkaround of a beautyful model cheers

I always loved this model !!! He is radiating charm and "husky-ness" with his four paws solidly planted in the ground snow Very Happy

There are many variations in the paintwork of this dog, - as you can see HERE , a later model had less red tongue.

There are also two slightly differnet moulds, where one has a longer tongue than the other :

The one with the longest tongue has a wider space between the legs, - apparently to make room for the E-mark, which became mandatory...I don't remember when scratch geek Very Happy

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 1995 Husky Walkaround   Schleich 1995 Husky Walkaround EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 8:07 pm

Nice pics:)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 1995 Husky Walkaround   Schleich 1995 Husky Walkaround EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 8:09 pm

Thank you for the walk around! I think it's a nice dog model Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Ladytilly

Ladytilly

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 1995 Husky Walkaround   Schleich 1995 Husky Walkaround EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 8:37 pm

He's lovely!
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 1995 Husky Walkaround   Schleich 1995 Husky Walkaround EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 8:09 am

It is very nice to also have walkarounds of older models, as some collectors may also be looking for those and seek out if they want the model or not Very Happy

Very sweet model, and interesting how Schleich scale has changed. - and changed back, it looks like cyclops

@Roger - I do believe that Shire Mare is the biggest Schleich Horse ever to have walked the shelves yet Razz scratch Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 1995 Husky Walkaround   Schleich 1995 Husky Walkaround EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 3:02 pm

Carola wrote:
@Roger - I do believe that Shire Mare is the biggest Schleich Horse ever to have walked the shelves yet Razz scratch Very Happy

Yes, she surely looks big when I see her in shop shelves. Not exactly the best representative of an average sized Schleich horse. Laughing Nevertheless, your comparison pictures using her are very useful once it is a quite popular model. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 1995 Husky Walkaround   Schleich 1995 Husky Walkaround Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich 1995 Husky Walkaround
Page 1 of 1