Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

14722 Schleich Chipmunk Walkaround

Go down 
+2
widukind
shadoweon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
shadoweon

shadoweon

Country/State : Virginia,United States

14722 Schleich Chipmunk Walkaround  Empty
PostSubject: 14722 Schleich Chipmunk Walkaround    14722 Schleich Chipmunk Walkaround  EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 3:39 am

Since this figure is set to retire at the end of 2015 I thought i'd go ahead and post my attempt at a walkaround of this figure. It's very small even amongst Schleich animals so its a bit hard to get the camera to focus on it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Overall its a cute figure but I would have highly preferred the leaves and acorns not be attached to the model,it just isn't necessary at all. The stock photos also kind of hide this feature so you may be disappointed by that when it arrives if you didn't know.

Sculpting wise it looks good, and the colors seem a tad bright (maybe its because its the China version) but otherwise they are pretty good as well. I think the tiny size is a good thing because it makes it useful for displays. I'm using mine as a part of my autumn decor right now.

I think its too bad that this figure is being retired so soon but I can understand why at the same time. It's a cheery little model overall.

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 14722 Schleich Chipmunk Walkaround    14722 Schleich Chipmunk Walkaround  EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 7:30 am

A very nice figurine :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: 14722 Schleich Chipmunk Walkaround    14722 Schleich Chipmunk Walkaround  EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 9:13 am

Thankyou for this walkaround, dear Shadow Applause

Yes, isn't it strange that they retire this lovely model so soon ???? scratch

Personally I like the base. It is both relevant and nicely made, and it makes the model stand well.
On many of the Japanese models we praise a nice base Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 14722 Schleich Chipmunk Walkaround    14722 Schleich Chipmunk Walkaround  EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 2:02 pm

I think Schleich is rethinking their strategy to these small figures, they were quite expensive considering their size, mainly when we compare with the more recent Safari TOOBSlike the back yard tube with slightly larger figures averaging %1,5 each. I confess I haven't acquired the recent Schleich beaver and otter due to their price. Actually, I like them.
This chipmunk and the hedgehog, needed, much probably, these extra parts because they are very small and could not pass the children safety for standallone figures.
They seem also a kind of middle stage between the traditional Schleich figures and these more recent that are sold in little sets like the snake with nest, dart frogs, etc.
I got used with these accorns and actually, I have and like this figure. Very Happy I cannot say the same about the pygmy hedgehog. :)

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: 14722 Schleich Chipmunk Walkaround    14722 Schleich Chipmunk Walkaround  EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 2:05 pm

He is very cute, I love this one cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: 14722 Schleich Chipmunk Walkaround    14722 Schleich Chipmunk Walkaround  EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 3:49 pm

I like very much this little fellow, and the hedgehog too, I like the tiny size and the base too because they are well made and remind me some japanese models.

I think I prefer this Schleich period than the "little sets" one Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 14722 Schleich Chipmunk Walkaround    14722 Schleich Chipmunk Walkaround  Empty

Back to top Go down

14722 Schleich Chipmunk Walkaround
Page 1 of 1