Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Metal Insects by LeeAnn

Go down 
+6
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
Roger
Ana
Saarlooswolfhound
NightLioness
10 posters
AuthorMessage
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

Metal Insects by LeeAnn Empty
PostSubject: Metal Insects by LeeAnn   Metal Insects by LeeAnn EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 3:25 pm

I just finished the dragonfly the other night, the Praying Mantis I did last year and entered into my local fair. It's not nearly as good as the dragonfly and his head keeps popping off but it managed to take home the best in show ribbon!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Metal Insects by LeeAnn   Metal Insects by LeeAnn EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 3:30 pm

These looks amazing!! Look at those wings o.0 Holy moly!
Congrats of the Best in Show, where do you show these, Breyer shows??

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Metal Insects by LeeAnn   Metal Insects by LeeAnn EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 3:35 pm

Oh no, just my local fair Smile Thanks! I'm happy with the dragonfly but the Mantis is a mess Laughing

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Metal Insects by LeeAnn   Metal Insects by LeeAnn EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 3:44 pm

Shocked I don't like insects, but these are seriously cool nonetheless. The detail is amazing. Fantastic job LeeAnn! cheers Applause

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Metal Insects by LeeAnn   Metal Insects by LeeAnn EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 3:44 pm

Thank you Paige! Very Happy

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Metal Insects by LeeAnn   Metal Insects by LeeAnn EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 4:49 pm

They are beautiful! So delicate. The dragonfly is just wonderful. Applause
How you make them? Do you cut the metal elements and make everything from scratch or you use some kind of set of elements to assemble? Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Insects by LeeAnn   Metal Insects by LeeAnn EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 5:48 pm

Now you're surprising me! Shocked I did know you are very talented but I didn't know you were so versatile! cheers They are very detailed and of an impressive artistic expression. I like both figures! Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Metal Insects by LeeAnn   Metal Insects by LeeAnn EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 6:15 pm

Roger wrote:
Now you're surprising me! Shocked I did know you are very talented but I didn't know you were so versatile! cheers They are very detailed and of an impressive artistic expression. I like both figures! Very Happy

Hey, Roger !!! You stole my words Suspect Laughing

LeeAnn, - you write books, repaint and etch models, ...make tiny sculptures from metal parts...what can't you do ? Shocked cheers

Are some of the pieces print-plates from electronics ? What is the head of the Dragin fly ?
Such fantastic fantasy, to find the fine parts for such delicate figures cheers
How on earth did you make those wings on the dragon fly scratch

They are MAGNIFICENT bounce Applause

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Metal Insects by LeeAnn   Metal Insects by LeeAnn EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 6:24 pm

Ana wrote:
They are beautiful! So delicate. The dragonfly is just wonderful. Applause
How you make them? Do you cut the metal elements and make everything from scratch or you use some kind of set of elements to assemble? Smile

Thank you Anna! cheers I buy the laser-etched metal sheet, then cut out each piece and assemble them. Very Happy

Roger wrote:

Laughing Thanks Roger! I'm a fjord with many surprises Wink

SUSANNE wrote:
Roger wrote:

LeeAnn, - you write books, repaint and etch models, ...make tiny sculptures from metal parts...what can't you do ? Shocked cheers

Are some of the pieces print-plates from electronics ? What is the head of the Dragin fly ?
Such fantastic fantasy, to find the fine parts for such delicate figures  cheers
How on earth did you make those wings on the dragon fly scratch

Laughing  what can't you do ?  That's a question I'm asked very often. Wink

Each metal sheet is laser etched, then I just put them together. I end up with several cuts and bloody fingers when I'm done Rolling Eyes The nice part is there's no glue - just folding over tabs! So no gluing my fingers together! cheers Laughing

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Metal Insects by LeeAnn   Metal Insects by LeeAnn EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 5:32 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Roger wrote:

Shocked So everybody is stealing my words here... Rogério, Susanne, how are you able to read in my mind ? Even before I already think these words drunken Applause You are very dangerous people Laughing Laughing Laughing

but I stll have a thing you didn't read. LeeAnn is also able to moderate exquisitely the STS forum cheers

So, as everyone here has already stole it: these insects are MAGNIFICENT bounce Applause
Back to top Go down
sadie3112

sadie3112

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Metal Insects by LeeAnn   Metal Insects by LeeAnn EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 6:31 am

I'm trying to think of a comment that doesn't repeat everyone else, LeeAnn, you're amazing cheers

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Metal Insects by LeeAnn   Metal Insects by LeeAnn EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 9:31 am

Aww you guys Embarassed Thanks!

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Metal Insects by LeeAnn   Metal Insects by LeeAnn EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 4:47 pm

Cool:)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Metal Insects by LeeAnn   Metal Insects by LeeAnn EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 7:10 pm

Thank you Andreas sunny

PostSubject: Re: Metal Insects by LeeAnn   Metal Insects by LeeAnn EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 7:48 pm

Quote :
I'm trying to think of a comment that doesn't repeat everyone else, LeeAnn, you're amazing [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Same! There are no words for it, just amazing!!! Very Happy Applause Applause Applause
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Metal Insects by LeeAnn   Metal Insects by LeeAnn EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 8:27 pm

Wow, they are amazing ! Both of them. And for me personally, I like very much Praying Mantis .. very interesting creature
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Metal Insects by LeeAnn   Metal Insects by LeeAnn EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 10:16 pm

Thank you Emma and Costa cheers

PostSubject: Re: Metal Insects by LeeAnn   Metal Insects by LeeAnn Empty

Back to top Go down

Metal Insects by LeeAnn
Page 1 of 1