Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Durham metal Horses

Go down 
+2
SUSANNE
Bowhead Whale
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

Durham metal Horses Empty
PostSubject: Durham metal Horses   Durham metal Horses EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 4:01 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Grey Horse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Chestnut Horse (with broken leg)

Hi!
Does anyone know about a manufacturer named "Durham"? I have two horses here that are made of metal and marked "1977".
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Durham metal Horses   Durham metal Horses EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 4:52 pm

They are very, very charming drunken

There is a page about Durham here http://www.durhamclassics.ca/

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Durham metal Horses   Durham metal Horses EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 5:57 pm

Horses you're showing are dated with a year that is older than the company Susanne linked. So, it may be a different one or both are related in any way.
Your Horses are from a company called Durham Industries, they're made in Hong Kong and probably are numbered. scratch

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Durham metal Horses   Durham metal Horses EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 9:09 pm

Oh those are cute!

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Durham metal Horses   Durham metal Horses EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 6:04 am

Interesting horses :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Durham metal Horses   Durham metal Horses EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 3:09 pm

Roger wrote:
Horses you're showing are dated with a year that is older than the company Susanne linked. So, it may be a different one or both are related in any way.
Your Horses are from a company called Durham Industries, they're made in Hong Kong and probably are numbered. scratch

The site says "we continue, since 1980...", which clearly states that the company was first established before 1980. From what I understand, 1986 is the year they were established AS A CLASSIC CAR MODEL MAKER. So, it could be the same Durham company. What do you think? And, yes, my horses are also marked "Made in Hong Kong".

As for the number marked on my horses, I will look when I get home.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Durham metal Horses   Durham metal Horses EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 6:31 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:

The site says "we continue, since 1980...", which clearly states that the company was first established before 1980. From what I understand, 1986 is the year they were established AS A CLASSIC CAR MODEL MAKER. So, it could be the same Durham company. What do you think? And, yes, my horses are also marked "Made in Hong Kong".

I don't think it is the same company and my understanding is different from yours. Though, I could be wrong.
Durham Classics is a Canadian company of handmade automotive miniatures
Durham Industries Inc. is a USA manufacturer of toys.
I can't dissertate more at the moment, maybe some additional research is needed. Very Happy

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Durham metal Horses   Durham metal Horses EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 2:40 pm

Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:

I don't think it is the same company and my understanding is different from yours. Though, I could be wrong.
I can't dissertate more at the moment, maybe some additional research is needed. Very Happy

That's weird... two companies actually have the same name? That IS confusing...
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Durham metal Horses   Durham metal Horses EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 3:42 pm

Anyway, do you think my Durham horses are worth being on TAI?
Back to top Go down
Jennypurr

Country/State : Tennessee, USA

PostSubject: Re: Durham metal Horses   Durham metal Horses EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 8:41 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:

I have a book titled "Metal Horse Collections" authored by Carolyn Martin.  I looked up Durham in the index and found this: Durham Industries (N.Y.) Pieces are stamped "MADE IN HONG KONG" but printed on one package "Distributed by Grand Toys Limited, Montreal, Canada".

Durham was better known for making copies of some of the Hagen Renaker mini horses and one or two copies of Hartland Tinymites.  I have one of the Tinymite copies and a few of the HR copies.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Durham metal Horses   Durham metal Horses EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 6:15 pm

Jennypurr wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:

I have a book titled "Metal Horse Collections" authored by Carolyn Martin.  I looked up Durham in the index and found this: Durham Industries (N.Y.) Pieces are stamped "MADE IN HONG KONG" but printed on one package "Distributed by Grand Toys Limited, Montreal, Canada".

Durham was better known for making copies of some of the Hagen Renaker mini horses and one or two copies of Hartland Tinymites.  I have one of the Tinymite copies and a few of the HR copies.

That's really interesting and it was very kind from you to share that information with us. Very Happy It is good to have you here with us. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Durham metal Horses   Durham metal Horses Empty

Back to top Go down

Durham metal Horses
Page 1 of 1