Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Some strange Japanese figures

Go down 
+2
Kikimalou
widukind
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sbell

sbell

Country/State : Canada

Some strange Japanese figures Empty
PostSubject: Some strange Japanese figures   Some strange Japanese figures EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 4:47 am

I just got more stuff from Japan to feed my collection addiction (thanks Brett!).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Among other things, a few Capsule Q Museum figures, some Capsule aquarium figures, a few Yujin figures, more of the Takara sharks (another 6-gill! Secret eating goblin shark! Broken peg for a frilled shark...) and some more Kaiyodo Marine Reptiles & Triceratops figures--including 2 of the 'rare' green version. Most of these came from a single bulk lot from YAJ, but the CapsuleQ and Capsule Aquarium ones came directly from Brett (other than the Pitta bird, only my second Kaiyodo bird figure...). The mudskipper was a figure I've tried to find for a reasonable price for a while now.

For the first time, I also received a few other Japanese things--some Kaiyodo(?) fighter planes, and two very strange toy animals:

The salmon is from Bandai, and comes apart. The turtle is stranger--when you squeeze the hind legs, the head and forelegs shoot forward.
Close up of two animals:

The turtle in action:

It's not a bad figure overall, but quite weird. Has anyone seen anything like that before? Or the salmon?
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
QuollMate

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Some strange Japanese figures   Some strange Japanese figures EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 6:21 am

Being an aviation enthusiast, I like those WWII Japanese "zero" fighters. Despite them being an enemy country at the time, the planes were very well built. Maybe from all the Boeing parts those planes contained. Laughing

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Some strange Japanese figures   Some strange Japanese figures EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 9:33 am

Congratulations,  wonderful new stuff:)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Some strange Japanese figures   Some strange Japanese figures EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 12:10 pm

Congratulation for this nice batch Very Happy

I never heard about the Salmon and Turtle, it is really an impressive weapon Laughing
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Some strange Japanese figures   Some strange Japanese figures EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 2:36 pm

QuollMate wrote:
Being an aviation enthusiast, I like those WWII Japanese "zero" fighters. Despite them being an enemy country at the time, the planes were very well built. Maybe from all the Boeing parts those planes contained. Laughing

They're neat planes, but I'll probably give them to my son and daughter for their shelves.

I might, however, re-appropriate the stands for animal figures!
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Some strange Japanese figures   Some strange Japanese figures EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 2:38 pm

Congratulations! Very Happy

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Some strange Japanese figures   Some strange Japanese figures EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 2:43 pm

I can't help with Japanese figures but I can see a lot of interesting animals there. Congratulations! Very Happy

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Some strange Japanese figures   Some strange Japanese figures EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 3:19 pm

sbell wrote:
QuollMate wrote:

They're neat planes, but I'll probably give them to my son and daughter for their shelves.

I might, however, re-appropriate the stands for animal figures!

Hold onto those planes, they're definitely relics of a bygone era. Very Happy

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Some strange Japanese figures   Some strange Japanese figures EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 1:56 am

I think the planes are neat and all, but it's more my son's thing than mine.

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some strange Japanese figures   Some strange Japanese figures Empty

Back to top Go down

Some strange Japanese figures
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Japanese companies :: Other Japanese companies-
Jump to: