Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Japanese Dog Figures

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

Japanese Dog Figures Empty
PostSubject: Japanese Dog Figures   Japanese Dog Figures EmptyWed Oct 28, 2020 1:44 pm

I am so sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I have been wanting to ask this question ever since I found out about these brands. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that these are the following brands/ ranges of dogs that have been made my Japanese brands:
Eikoh- Miniature Planet Dogs
Kaiyodo- Furuta: Choco Eggs, Takara ChocoQ Animatales,
Yujin
Kitan
Epoch
Marusan Dog Figure Collection
Takara Tomy
Bandai
I believe there are more but it was the dogs from these brands that were my favourites! Is there anywhere where I can find a complete list of all the dogs from these brands? I've seen the Eikoh dogs on TAW, and found some lists on Deseo's Facebook page- but I just wondered if there are any more or whether these were complete lists? And are any of these brands still producing dogs or have they stopped (Do they bring out new dogs each year?) And I have also noticed dogs called 'Kabaya mini exclusive puppies' on Ebay- can anyone tell me more about them/ is there a complete list of all from this series?
So sorry for so many questions and I hope it all makes sense! Very Happy Any help would be much appreciated! sunny
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Dog Figures   Japanese Dog Figures EmptyWed Oct 28, 2020 2:57 pm

All the manufacturers seem correct to me. :) I believe the brands don't release dogs every year and many have become retired, like the Furuta Chocoegg Shiba Inus.

As far as I know there aren't places of complete listings, but if you were to find some they'd be on Japanese websites most liklely

Hope it helps :)

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Dog Figures   Japanese Dog Figures EmptyWed Oct 28, 2020 3:19 pm

Thank you so much Adam- this is very helpful and I'll have to have a look on some Japanese websites! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Dog Figures   Japanese Dog Figures EmptyThu Oct 29, 2020 12:21 am

Brettj will probably know more than anybody about what's out there- and be able to get it. Wink
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Dog Figures   Japanese Dog Figures EmptyThu Oct 29, 2020 2:41 am

About the Kaiyodo- Furuta , we have many on TAW, but not all.
Kitan club is known with  it`s famous,  and amazing Shiba Inu and also with two sets of Peeing dogs . They also have models, which are made it to stay on glass. Like these : Glass models .There are maybe others, more cute made it dogs by Kitan, which I don`t know.
I think we have all Marusan Dogs ( except some colour variations..) on TAW.
About the other brands, we don`t have many of them on TAW,
but I think, the best way to see them is to use Google search.
Just write the name of the brand and the word '' dog'' .  Like this you will see many photos of most of the models.
For example : Yujin dog
Or : Kaiyodo dog

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Dog Figures   Japanese Dog Figures EmptyThu Oct 29, 2020 1:11 pm

Thank you so so much Kelly and Kosta! sunny
I have been in touch with Brett and will definitely ask him when I get round to ordering some of those beautiful figures!
And thank you ever so much for all the links Kosta cheers , Google searches definitely a good idea and of course- the amazing TAW! Very Happy
And that shibe inu by Kitan is amazing!
Also- I'm not sure whether this has happened to anyone else- but for some reason this post and a couple of others I was part of didn't come up as being 'new', and yesterday suddenly most of the posts said there was something 'new'- even ones I had checked just a minute ago scratch Maybe it's just something wrong with my computer!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Dog Figures   Japanese Dog Figures Empty

Back to top Go down

Japanese Dog Figures
Page 1 of 1