Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LeeAnn
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one? Empty
PostSubject: Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one?   Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 2:40 am

I'm admittedly desperately searching for this horse, anyone know what the brand is or where I can buy one? It's suspected that it's from some model railroad kit. Anyone recognize it?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

TheSpottedCat

Country/State : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one?   Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 2:54 am

I don't know. But it looks like a copy of the traditional breyer mold [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. But you probably knew that already.
Back to top Go down
AlienMantis

AlienMantis

Country/State : Slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one?   Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 3:40 am

Maybe photoscaned and than 3D printed?

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one?   Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 7:59 am

It is LOVELY !!! I hope you find one Very Happy

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one?   Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 1:44 pm

Model railroad models are mostly painted i think. I think this looks more like a figure like Revell or anything else:)

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one?   Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 2:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I don't know. But it looks like a copy of the traditional breyer mold [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. But you probably knew that already.

That's why I'm looking for him Laughing

Model railroad models are mostly painted i think. I think this looks more like a figure like Revell or anything else:)

The person that owns this one said it looks like he is glued together from a kit scratch But of course I'm not set on that idea.

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one?   Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 3:46 pm

Beautiful little horse drunken I like the realism it has Applause

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jennypurr

Country/State : Tennessee, USA

PostSubject: Re: Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one?   Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one? EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 3:33 am

I just perused a site with unpainted figures as well as the usual painted ones.  Most of the unpainted figures were animals though there were a few packages of unpainted humans.

But I have seen a similar equine figure of the same size.  It was a toy set from the 20-mule-team Borax Company.  Found one here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
You can see the mules are made in 2 pieces which one would glue together.

I would guess the micro mini "Old Timer" probably came from some model railroad figurines company.
Back to top Go down
smallscaleworld

smallscaleworld

Country/State : Hampshire, UK

PostSubject: Re: Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one?   Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one? EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 5:12 am

I don't recognise the specific figure, but in style I'd say almost definitely Preiser, they have produced a lot of new-sculpt horse-drawn military stuff in the last few years, but they don't tend to have heavy collars as they pull in teams with traces running along the sides (? I'm not a horse furniture expert!!!), so it's probably an older cart or wagon horse from the 70's, re-issued in one of the large unpainted sets.

Their output and back catalogue is now vast, so worth a dig, you'll find the horses you want there....somewhere! Smile.

Noch have also got into high quality figures in recent years, I don't if they've done horses though?

Widukind is right too, it looks a lot like the Accurate ACW artillery horses (also issued by Revell), but it's not got the outrider's saddle's most of the military subjects have?....

eBay - smallscaleworld
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one?   Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one? EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 1:26 pm

Thank you! I searched all through Preiser and didn't find anything, but I did eventually find him after a lot of digging, he's made by Highway Products. cheers

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one?   Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one? EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 1:31 pm

Congrats. :)

PostSubject: Re: Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one?   Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one? Empty

Back to top Go down

Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: General reviews and discussions :: What is this please ?-
Jump to: