Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???

Go down 
+18
Wilorvise
Ice_twin
.:Lucky:.
googie212
Damon
JonasV
Bloodrayne
Carola
scot(t)
Numa
arafan
Tupolew Tu-154
NightLioness
LeeAnn
AlienMantis
Geospiza fortis
SUSANNE
cattlecollector
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive??? Empty
PostSubject: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive??? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 2:40 am

Over a month ago I payed $50 for four schleich animals! Shocked affraid  I have to admit I was a little shocked at the checkout. So is it just me, or are these "so called" children's figurines becomming much more expensive?

I've been doing some research for some friends here and have come across different branded models which I was surprised to see were so cheap!!! study study study
A tube of ten safari ltd models were $17! The price of one large schleich animal alone! 

It is becomming more difficult for me to afford these figurines  No
If the price rises anymore, I won't be able to afford very many Sad  Are they worth it???
Also, schleich caters for children, not collectors. So children would have allot more trouble then me, to get a much wanted figurine!

flower

Last edited by Emma on Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive??? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 2:41 am

You're right, these last few years the prices have gone up. To me it's not worth it anymore, so I rarely buy Schleich anymore. Sad

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive??? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 3:44 am

Up in price, down in quality unfortunately. Mad Evil or Very Mad

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it is going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming. (One of my favorite archery quotes)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive??? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 6:54 am

So, by quality, do you mean by material, colour, texture or realism? confused

I'm not sure what to think? Have the figures improved or not? Judging by the older models I'd say that they've improved in realism. But then again, I'm definitely not an expert Smile
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive??? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 7:58 am

cattlecollector wrote:
Up in price, down in quality unfortunately. Mad Evil or Very Mad

EXACTLY Sad

Emma wrote:

I'm not sure what to think? Have the figures improved or not? Judging by the older models I'd say that they've improved in realism. But then again, I'm definitely not an expert Smile

I think most of them have declined in charm, - especially the horses Suspect

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive??? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 2:08 pm

Emma wrote:

To me, the quality is down by paintwork, material, and just overall appeal. Perhaps some of the wildlife has improved (but to me again very very few pieces, I like the older pieces better), but the horses definitely not.

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive??? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 8:13 pm

I have to confes that sometimes I feel a bit arrow alien   alien here.
The one and only who is still fond of the brand. I can't help it, if I didn't like them, I wouldn't buy them! Wink
Back to top Go down
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive??? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 8:21 pm

I was just thinking of this today as I bought four (2 Gray, 1 Yellow, 1 red) Schleich animals for almost $30. The thing I don't understand is that the rattlesnake (which was out of stock) and ostrich were the same price. scratch . Shouldn't the snakes be green? The baby panda was green. The Koalas were yellow when I saw them at the store, which is even stranger as they were as much as the zebras. Shocked The new tiger also went from yellow to gray. I understand prices do go up, but it is a little strange in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive??? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 8:57 pm

Emma wrote:
The one and only who is still fond of the brand. I can't help it, if I didn't like them, I wouldn't buy them! Wink

You're far from the only one Very Happy I'm still fond of the old models, just not the ones being produced now.

AlienMantis

Country/State : Slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive??? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 8:58 pm

Emma wrote:

I'm still buying their horses cheers

..oh...wait I'm also alien.. Very Happy

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive??? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 9:00 pm

lol! No one is a real alien at STS Very Happy

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive??? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 9:58 pm

LeeAnn wrote:
Emma wrote:

You're far from the only one Very Happy I'm still fond of the old models, just not the ones being produced now.

Indeed, you are not the only one that still likes Schleich Wink
I recently bought the new Tinker stallion, made in Tunisia.
And I bought the new tiger, two cats and the cobra and I'm waiting for the rattlesnake, arctic wolf and tiger cub :3 My main collection still contains more Schleich than other brands :)

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive??? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 10:31 pm

All brands become more expensive, that is inflation.

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive??? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 11:01 pm

Yes they are getting more expensive and I also noticed that they only produce very few figures in Germany left. And I'm absolutely with Geospiza fortis I don't check their price politics anymore, a macaw is more expensive than a ostrich which is three times bigger.

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive??? EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 12:06 am

Very dissapointing about the price Sad

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who still likes schleich though Wink
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive??? EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 12:35 am

Schleich created that grey colour category a few years ago and shifted all the larger models into that. I then noticed in the last few years that animals in previous colour bands and new models of the same size have all shifted up a category colour.

Many newer models have also become smaller. If the price of oil has recently gone down why is this not reflected in model prices? Smaller models are now banded in the higher fee category which is quite naughty of them

I wondered why they would do this and I think it is to make the brand more exclusive - the more expensive the more exclusive and the more better deals they can give to stores that stock their products pushing others out of the market. Parents are happy to money for an exclusive brand and it is all about marketing.

I will always buy schleich but I have just had to spend nearly 100 euros ordering all the new wildlife models from Amazon - what has the world come to? I can't buy anything for a while now......oh well. That is life.

Still I dont smoke or drink alcohol so I am sure I am making a saving somewhere.......? ha!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive??? EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 12:47 am

Laughing  Well as least it was 100 euros because in New Zealand it would be more like $200nz pale Everything doubles Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive??? EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 1:17 am

Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:

Very true.

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive??? EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 1:20 am

I still buy Schleich. It's a big beginning of the year expense. I love many of Schleich's models this year. I've been extremely impressed by the figures, especially when I've seen them in person. The Alligator, Crocodile, Rattlesnake, Hyena, Kentrosaurus, Eurasian Owl, for example, have all been great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive??? EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 3:18 am

I'm pleased with them too bounce cheers 
Perhaps its just the horses that need more work study scratch
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive??? EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 9:27 pm

Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:

That is my thought too. I think it's the general changes in economy. Almost everything gets more and more expensive(in my country that is) - food, everyday goods etc.

-----

Anyway, I also still like many of Schleich's models, and I think they have improved in some areas of texturing detail and paintwork - but that be regarding Germany/Portugal produced models, while the Chinese are not always that neat. But that is just my personal opinion Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive??? EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 8:00 pm

Carola wrote:
but that be regarding Germany/Portugal produced models, while the Chinese are not always that neat. But that is just my personal opinion Very Happy

I would like to see a comparrison between Germany, Portugal and Chinese figures please. Does anyone have one particular figure from those three countries  question Very Happy bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive??? EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 10:49 pm

arafan wrote:
Yes they are getting more expensive and I also noticed that they only produce very few figures in Germany left. And I'm absolutely with Geospiza fortis I don't check their price politics anymore, a macaw is more expensive than a ostrich which is three times bigger.

Yes, but Papo is the same. The baby t-rex are much more expensive than a bear or a horse, and they also bigger.

I will still buy Schleich and Papo.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive??? EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 9:58 am

Emma wrote:

I would like to see a comparrison between Germany, Portugal and Chinese figures please. Does anyone have one particular figure from those three countries  question  Very Happy bounce bounce bounce

Have you looked here : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive??? EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 7:32 pm

Thanks, thats very interesting! I had no idea they were so different! affraid My local store seems to stock only chineese  and german ones!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next