Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If you could ask Papo 5 questions...

Go down 
+15
KYT
Sergey
Tupolew Tu-154
LukaLeon085
Kikimalou
baltimore zoo
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
shadoweon
MARTINLATIN
NightLioness
costicuba
Takama
scot(t)
JonasV
LeeAnn
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

If you could ask Papo 5 questions... Empty
PostSubject: If you could ask Papo 5 questions...   If you could ask Papo 5 questions... EmptyFri 06 Feb 2015, 16:07

...what would they be? Assume there is some all-knowing animal model genie that knows everything and will give you the answers.

Make your list here! bounce

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask Papo 5 questions...   If you could ask Papo 5 questions... EmptyFri 06 Feb 2015, 18:22

It would be very interesting how its possible to have that kind if wild cats and those little clumsier horses in the same catalog? Interesting question that I've been thinking many times Very Happy
1. When its the time when we're gonna see some stunning horses?
2. Who's the amazing sculptor of your wild animals?

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask Papo 5 questions...   If you could ask Papo 5 questions... EmptyFri 06 Feb 2015, 19:18

1. Why do you keep on releasing more Tigers? What the heck is your fascination with Tigers?
2. Why don't you develop and release slightly more exotic species?
3. Who translates your text and model information into English? Why don't you hire someone who speaks English so the translations are correct/make sense? (I actually find this aspect of Papo endearing and don't want it changed, but I am curious to know what's going on.)
4. Who the heck is Cassius the Lab-Mutt? Who decided to have a model of their own dog mass-produced?
5. How do you feel about other companies? Do you see Schleich as a peer competitor or more like the behemoth company threatening your existence? Are you aware of CollectA and Mojo?
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask Papo 5 questions...   If you could ask Papo 5 questions... EmptyFri 06 Feb 2015, 19:30

Why is your Apatoesaurus so small?

Can we get any dinos that are not based on Movie appearances or Sideshow models?

Can you make a Pomeranian?

Can you make more Obscure Dinosaur Genera?

Why did you not release the Brown Running Rex as a standard release?

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask Papo 5 questions...   If you could ask Papo 5 questions... EmptyFri 06 Feb 2015, 19:40

scot(t) wrote:
1. Why do you keep on releasing more Tigers? What the heck is your fascination with Tigers?
3. Who translates your text and model information into English? Why don't you hire someone who speaks English so the translations are correct/make sense? (I actually find this aspect of Papo endearing and don't want it changed, but I am curious to know what's going on.)
4. Who the heck is Cassius the Lab-Mutt? Who decided to have a model of their own dog mass-produced?

lol! to all of these! Laughing

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask Papo 5 questions...   If you could ask Papo 5 questions... EmptyFri 06 Feb 2015, 21:55

1) Can you make more small wild cats please?
2) Who sculpts the wild cats?
3) What about more marine life?
4) Why so many fantasy critters, was it based on Schleich or is it the other way around?
5) How do you see Papo 5 years from now?

NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask Papo 5 questions...   If you could ask Papo 5 questions... EmptyFri 06 Feb 2015, 21:56

scot(t) wrote:
5. How do you feel about other companies? Do you see Schleich as a peer competitor or more like the behemoth company threatening your existence? Are you aware of CollectA and Mojo?

Isn't the Casis lapdog a real breed?? o.0

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask Papo 5 questions...   If you could ask Papo 5 questions... EmptyFri 06 Feb 2015, 23:48

NightLioness wrote:
scot(t) wrote:

No, this gog doesn`t exist...
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask Papo 5 questions...   If you could ask Papo 5 questions... EmptySat 07 Feb 2015, 04:54

costicuba wrote:
NightLioness wrote:
scot(t) wrote:

No, this god doesn`t exist...

We worked out that it is the name of a dog someone associated with Papo owns. A photograph of the dog (an actual dog) appears in a Papo catalogue a couple years before the model was released. But there's no such breed. Christophe translated from the French catalogue for us and what Papo translated as Cassis Lapdog should be translated into English as a pet dog named "Cassis." You can find the discussion [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask Papo 5 questions...   If you could ask Papo 5 questions... EmptySat 07 Feb 2015, 07:24

scot(t) wrote:
costicuba wrote:
NightLioness wrote:
scot(t) wrote:

No, this god doesn`t exist...

We worked out that it is the name of a dog someone associated with Papo owns. A photograph of the dog (an actual dog) appears in a Papo catalogue a couple years before the model was released. But there's no such breed. Christophe translated from the French catalogue for us and what Papo translated as Cassis Lapdog should be translated into English as a pet dog named "Cassis." You can find the discussion [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Very, very interesting! Thank you for the link.

MARTINLATIN

Country/State : CALIFORNIA

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask Papo 5 questions...   If you could ask Papo 5 questions... EmptySat 07 Feb 2015, 09:02

1.Q?
Back to top Go down
shadoweon

shadoweon

Country/State : Virginia,United States

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask Papo 5 questions...   If you could ask Papo 5 questions... EmptySun 08 Feb 2015, 01:53

1) What breed of dog is the "Cassis Lapdog"? Is it a mix breed based off an individual dog?
2) Why is it that when you are sold in stores,only your medieval items are available? (Atleast in the US anyway!)
3) Are you going to release offspring to some of your figures like you've done with the wolf and some of the others?
4) Are there any animal models set to retire soon?
5) Are your fantasy animals,such as the pink cats released directly to compete with Schleich's Bayala line?

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Country/State : Russia

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask Papo 5 questions...   If you could ask Papo 5 questions... EmptySun 08 Feb 2015, 08:46

1. Why are you SO slow, while Schleich starts to sell their new animals in December?
2. How many sculptors work in Papo?
3 Who is the sculptor of wildlife and dinosaurs?
4. Can you send me your new canines and felines, like Collecta can do?
5. How do you choose what kind of animal you'll do? Who choose its pose/color?

'Til then I walk alone.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://schwarzwolfin.deviantart.com/
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask Papo 5 questions...   If you could ask Papo 5 questions... EmptySun 08 Feb 2015, 22:31

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin wrote:
1. Why are you SO slow, while Schleich starts to sell their new animals in December?

I also have the same thought. But I'm torn: If they all the companies were on the same schedule as Schleich, it would hurt financially. On the other hand, I might in that case be more selective about what I purchase, so it could be good. For just one year, I would love it -- just as an experiment -- if all the major companies released all their models in January.

Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask Papo 5 questions...   If you could ask Papo 5 questions... EmptyMon 09 Feb 2015, 08:57

1) Since Papo big cats are so awesome, wil there be any lions, tigers, jags etc. in resting/lying positions?
2) As a big fan, any way possible to make figures in more of a "relative scale" (Example: So when displayed elephants look better next to big cats etc. (Similar to old Britians))?
3) Are there any plans to ad more figures of previously produced reptile figures but in different positions ie: Gharials, Nile crocs etc.?
4) Any way to release new figures sooner?
5) More great apes?
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask Papo 5 questions...   If you could ask Papo 5 questions... EmptyMon 09 Feb 2015, 10:01

1 - Do you know your snow leopard is the STS 2014 figure of the year ? Please answer here Wink
2 - When will you stop making tigers and tigers ? Rolling Eyes
3 - Instead, should you make more obscure wild cats species ? A lion for example, you missed to make one this year... Laughing
4 - What your artists were smoking when they painted the komodo dragon ? drunken
5 - Do you know the Dimetrodon is a predator and it needs a prey to survive ? Diadectes, Edaphosaurus, Diplocaulus, Cotylorhynchus ? bounce
Back to top Go down
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask Papo 5 questions...   If you could ask Papo 5 questions... EmptyMon 09 Feb 2015, 15:04

scot(t) wrote:
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin wrote:

I also have the same thought. But I'm torn: If they all the companies were on the same schedule as Schleich, it would hurt financially. On the other hand, I might in that case be more selective about what I purchase, so it could be good. For just one year, I would love it -- just as an experiment -- if all the major companies released all their models in January.

Yes, agree Very Happy But I always know that I want to buy, so it couldn't hurt my finances. You know, I'm ready to wait, but it's too long when I get new animal in 6 months or more!
Yes, it would be interesting :)
Back to top Go down
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask Papo 5 questions...   If you could ask Papo 5 questions... EmptyMon 09 Feb 2015, 15:07

Kikimalou wrote:

4 - What your artists were smoking when they painted the komodo dragon ? drunken
Haha XD
Back to top Go down
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask Papo 5 questions...   If you could ask Papo 5 questions... EmptyTue 10 Feb 2015, 10:23

Kikimalou wrote:
1 - Do you know your snow leopard is the STS 2014 figure of the year ? Please answer here Wink
3 - Instead, should you make more obscure wild cats species ? A lion for example, you missed to make one this year... Laughing
5 - Do you know the Dimetrodon is a predator and it needs a prey to survive ? Diadectes, Edaphosaurus, Diplocaulus, Cotylorhynchus ? bounce
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask Papo 5 questions...   If you could ask Papo 5 questions... EmptyThu 19 Feb 2015, 22:36

1. Will you make more nursing animals? (for example this one [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
2. Will you make more mutants?
3. Will you make unsaddled dragon horses?
4. Why are the baby dinosaurs so expensive?
5. Will you make more prehistoric mammals?
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask Papo 5 questions...   If you could ask Papo 5 questions... EmptyThu 19 Feb 2015, 23:57

Kikimalou wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

KYT

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask Papo 5 questions...   If you could ask Papo 5 questions... EmptyFri 27 Feb 2015, 03:23

1. When
2. Are
3. You
4. Releasing
5. Giganotosaurus?
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask Papo 5 questions...   If you could ask Papo 5 questions... EmptyFri 27 Feb 2015, 06:00

KYT wrote:
1. When
2. Are
3. You
4. Releasing
5. Giganotosaurus?

lol!

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
The-Toy-Chest

The-Toy-Chest

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask Papo 5 questions...   If you could ask Papo 5 questions... EmptyThu 12 Nov 2015, 23:05

According to this thread in this forum here, the sculptor of Papo's dinosaurs, big cats, and mutant series, is a very talented Korean sculptor they refer to as Mr. Seo.

The link to the interview with Mr. Seo is in the first post of that thread and there are translations of it posted throughout the entirety of the thread. Very good and interesting information to finally have after so many years of wondering!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://the-toy-chest.deviantart.com/
MARTINLATIN

MARTINLATIN

Country/State : CALIFORNIA

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask Papo 5 questions...   If you could ask Papo 5 questions... EmptyFri 13 Nov 2015, 06:48

Musk Ox
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask Papo 5 questions...   If you could ask Papo 5 questions... Empty

Back to top Go down

If you could ask Papo 5 questions...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next