Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Toymany idea of making products.

Go down 
+20
Klaudia199219
snailtime
Ana
bmathison1972
MartinH
aschuck
Roger
Jill
MansoBoricua
Duck-Anch-Amun
Taos
Kikimalou
rogerpgvg
widukind
NightLioness
Joliezac
Saarlooswolfhound
lucky luke
Stripedhyena
Toymany-kenc
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Toymany-kenc

Toymany-kenc

Country/State : US

Toymany idea of making products. Empty
PostSubject: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. EmptyMon May 20, 2024 8:31 am

Thanks to Saarlooswolfhound's recommendation, I joined this forum! I'll be sharing our brand's product design ideas in this thread soon. We've also created a dedicated page on our website for users to suggest new products they're interested in but haven't seen branded yet. Feel free to contribute your ideas!

Additionally, our website, which was completed at the end of last month, currently supports delivery to the United States, Canada, European countries, Australia, etc.; we are preparing to expand our service. If your country is not yet supported, please leave a message, and we'll prioritize making arrangements for it!

Toymany Web

The new product we designed this month is the Ape and Monkey series, and the first version of the model has been completed after careful design by the sculptors.

Now we waiting for the colorist to choose the colors. Then it's time to dry and strip on the machine to get the first version of the model, give us your opinion.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Toymany-kenc on Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:51 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://toymany.com?utm_source=STSforum
Toymany-kenc

Toymany-kenc

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. EmptyMon May 20, 2024 8:32 am

How to upload more pictures, it seems to be limited to three pictures at a time. Smile

Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/toymanyofficial

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/toymany_official
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. EmptyMon May 20, 2024 9:20 am

Thanks for the preview images...the hamadryas baboon looks amazing.
As a collector - and I think many of my colleagues will agree - I would like to make a few suggestions:

- We value figures with your own molds, those are the ones that will be top sellers. Not the ones that are versions or copies of molds from other big brands.

- Species that have not yet been manufactured, or that have hardly been made by other brands are also a strong point. The hamadryas baboon you show us is a great example of this.

- Respective previous point, here are some examples... Maybe my forum colleagues would like to add some more:

A) Examples of figures that have never been manufactured by the major brands:

1. Brown Hyena
2. Giant African wild hog
3. Bushpig
4. Sitatunga
5. Painted vulturine
6. Drill
7. Addax
8. Dhole
9. Sacred Ibis
10. Roan antelope
11. Grant’s gazelle
12. Roseate-grey pelican
13. Red forest bufallo
14. Lesser flamingo
15. Lechwee antelopes
16. Aardwolf
17. Blackbuck
18. Painted stork
19. Etiophian wolf
20. Duikers
21. Banteng
22. Takin
23. Urial
24. blesbock
25. Visayan deer
26. Chital
27. Axis deer
28. Sambar
29. Beared pig
30. Bay cat
31. Coipu
32. Gerenuk
33. Patagonian mara
34. Rhea

And here are other examples of figures that have barely been manufactured:

1. Roseate spoonbill
2. Red river hog
3. Striped hyena
4. Cormorants
5. Brown pelican
6. Jackals
7. Guinea fowl
8. Anhinga
9. Waterbuck
10. Caracal

We hope that you will continue to release figures (with unpublished molds) of species such as hyenas, jackals, wild dogs, antelopes of all kinds, African and Asian buffaloes, flamingos, pelicans, warthog etc etc etc etc.
Back to top Go down
Toymany-kenc

Toymany-kenc

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. EmptyMon May 20, 2024 11:20 am

Stripedhyena wrote:
Thanks for the preview images...the hamadryas baboon looks amazing.
As a collector - and I think many of my colleagues will agree - I would like to make a few suggestions:

- We value figures with your own molds, those are the ones that will be top sellers. Not the ones that are versions or copies of molds from other big brands.

- Species that have not yet been manufactured, or that have hardly been made by other brands are also a strong point. The hamadryas baboon you show us is a great example of this.

- Respective previous point, here are some examples... Maybe my forum colleagues would like to add some more:

A) Examples of figures that have never been manufactured by the major brands:

1. Brown Hyena
2. Giant African wild hog
3. Bushpig
4. Sitatunga
5. Painted vulturine
6. Drill
7. Addax
8. Dhole
9. Sacred Ibis
10. Roan antelope
11. Grant’s gazelle
12. Roseate-grey pelican
13. Red forest bufallo
14. Lesser flamingo
15. Lechwee antelopes
16. Aardwolf
17. Blackbuck
18. Painted stork
19. Etiophian wolf
20. Duikers

And here are other examples of figures that have barely been manufactured:

1. Roseate spoonbill
2. Red river hog
3. Striped hyena
4. Cormorants
5. Brown pelican
6. Jackals
7. Guinea fowl
8. Anhinga
9. Waterbuck
10. Caracal

We hope that you will continue to release figures (with unpublished molds) of species such as hyenas, jackals, wild dogs, antelopes of all kinds, African and Asian buffaloes, flamingos, pelicans, warthog etc etc etc etc.
Yes, we are now producing with our own designed molds, and we have created a webpage to take in the animal suggestions that our users prefer, so that we can better understand our users and launch new products!

The Web-Dream And Wish
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. EmptyMon May 20, 2024 11:25 am

Thank you so much for sharing Applause cheers I love you
I am speechless because your models are so realistic and beautiful Cool
great collector I am already looking forward to your next release; study
Already seduced by the quality of your models, of which we already have a few copies bounce
The packaging drunken
The price Smile
and speed of delivery. arrow
I think and see the bright future for your company. sunny
A little darker for my wallet....! Rolling Eyes

Wink
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. EmptyMon May 20, 2024 2:38 pm

Can you confirm species for the primate set?

Looks to me like the set includes: gorilla, orangutan, chimp, howler monkey, squirrel monkey, proboscis monkey, mandrill, 2 different baboon species (Egyptian confirmed, is the drinking one a hamadryas?), golden snub-nosed monkey, and a (crab-eating?)macaque. Pic 1 appears to have the arm of a gibbon and one other species obscured behind the Egyptian baboon also.

I would love some more canines. Perhaps a set of foxes of the world (arctic, red, fennec, bat-eared, Tibetan, crab-eating, gray, swift, etc.). But I would be thrilled to see a set of larger wild canines (a short-eared dog, bush dog, maned wolf, red wolf, ethiopian wolf, African wild dog, dhole, raccoon dog, dingo etc.).

A set of small cats would be great too (fishing, black footed, sand cat, pallas' cat, Andean cat, margay, jaguarundi, etc.)

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. EmptyMon May 20, 2024 3:37 pm

Wow these look amazing!

Animal Ark Website
Animal Figure Photography Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. EmptyMon May 20, 2024 3:42 pm

Love these! They already look great!

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. EmptyMon May 20, 2024 3:47 pm

Birds of paradise is a very long wish

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. EmptyMon May 20, 2024 7:01 pm

widukind wrote:

I agree!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. EmptyMon May 20, 2024 7:22 pm

A marsupial set would be great (excluding kangaroos and koalas as you already have those). I was thinking more along the lines of things like numbats, quokka, marsupial mole, quoll, bilby, etc.

And a South American set would be great too; spectacled bear, tapir, theres lots of birds and monkeys and reptiles you could add, maybe something like a marsh deer, giant otter, guanaco...

and dolphins or porpoises too! Amazon river dolphin, pacific white sided, spinner, baiji, dusky, irrawaddy, risso.

And seals/sea lions! Theres lots of themed sets you could up with. drunken

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. EmptyMon May 20, 2024 8:42 pm

Joliezac wrote:
widukind wrote:

I agree!

I also agree!!

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. EmptyMon May 20, 2024 8:54 pm

It's great to see a bit of the production process - I hope you'll show us more of this. I find the production side a very interesting part of our hobby but unfortunately, most companies don't tell us much about it. I don't know why because it creates more interest in the product and shows the care and detail that is put into the models.

You clearly employ great sculptors - the apes and monkeys in your photos look amazing. Would you be able to tell us the name of the sculptors? Most of the time, we don't know them, but again, knowing them would create greater interest and make Toymany stand out more.

It is interesting that you say that it's not the sculptor but a colourist who chooses the colours. My impression is that most companies work this way. Sometimes this can create problems because the sculptor modelled the animals after a particular subspecies or a particular individual, but the colourist doesn't know what the sculptor intended and there is a mismatch with the painting. It's important to have good communication between the sculptor and the colourist (you may well have this). I think the sculpts are often made using photos, which may also be useful for the colourist.

Would you be able to show or tell us how the moulds are made and how these are then used to make the plastic models? Is all the painting done by hand or do you also use machine painting? I am curious why companies often use hand painting given that Japanese gashapon companies show that machine painting can be done more precisely.

Regarding new products, I wonder how you could stand out of the crowd of toy animal manufacturers. My collecting background is more in vintage companies and Japanese companies, and I find that the products of modern toy animal companies are all very similar in terms of sculpting and painting style, material and sizes. Perhaps a few ideas to do things differently (with my own biases, I am afraid).

How about producing series of animals to scale? If they are marketed in the right way (e.g., models to scale are educationally better and more realistic), then I think they could be very successful. Or high-quality small (tube-sized) models? Strangely, all manufacturers make their small animal toys lower quality than the larger size animals. If you make small models that are high quality, then they would be more attractive to both collectors and children. And why do manufacturers make small-size animals in a box or tube all the same size? Much better for both playability and display to make the larger animals larger than the small ones.

And a wilder thought: 3D printed models. My impression is that the first animal model manufacturer which develops this technology with the use of high-quality plastic and paint will be on to a winner. Moulds will no longer be needed and it will be easy to produce models with many different poses and in different sizes. Customers will be able to choose between a much larger variety of models without much cost to the manufacturer. An example of this kind of development are the models by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], though their plastic quality is still low and they are unpainted. Historically, toy animal manufacturers that were on the forefront of technology often became the main companies. I wonder whether 3D printing may be the next revolution in the business.

Toymany-kenc

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. EmptyTue May 21, 2024 3:25 am

Reply to rogerpgvg:
Thank you for your heartfelt comment, our brand places great importance on the customer experience, and we will be creating a blog to answer these questions in detail

(including the production process, the materials we use, the machines we use, an introduction to the sculptors and colorists, how they got into the industry, what they think of the product, etc.)

I'm sure many of our users are also curious about how the models were created from scratch. Applause

Back to top Go down
Toymany-kenc

Toymany-kenc

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. EmptyTue May 21, 2024 3:27 am

Reply to Saarlooswolfhound:

We'll be looking at making birds for our next set, and are still gathering information on the animals in question!

Back to top Go down
Toymany-kenc

Toymany-kenc

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. EmptyTue May 21, 2024 3:28 am

lucky luke wrote:
Thank you so much for sharing   Applause  cheers  I love you
I am speechless because your models are so realistic and beautiful   Cool
great collector I am already looking forward to your next release;  study
Already seduced by the quality of your models, of which we already have a few copies  bounce
The packaging  drunken
The price  Smile
and speed of delivery. arrow
I think and see the bright future for your company.  sunny
A little darker for my wallet....! Rolling Eyes

Wink
Thank you so much for the like, I'll continue to share the details of our production in this thread!

Back to top Go down
Toymany-kenc

Toymany-kenc

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. EmptyTue May 21, 2024 9:29 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
It's great to see a bit of the production process - I hope you'll show us more of this. I find the production side a very interesting part of our hobby but unfortunately, most companies don't tell us much about it. I don't know why because it creates more interest in the product and shows the care and detail that is put into the models.

You clearly employ great sculptors - the apes and monkeys in your photos look amazing. Would you be able to tell us the name of the sculptors? Most of the time, we don't know them, but again, knowing them would create greater interest and make Toymany stand out more.

It is interesting that you say that it's not the sculptor but a colourist who chooses the colours. My impression is that most companies work this way. Sometimes this can create problems because the sculptor modelled the animals after a particular subspecies or a particular individual, but the colourist doesn't know what the sculptor intended and there is a mismatch with the painting. It's important to have good communication between the sculptor and the colourist (you may well have this). I think the sculpts are often made using photos, which may also be useful for the colourist.

Would you be able to show or tell us how the moulds are made and how these are then used to make the plastic models? Is all the painting done by hand or do you also use machine painting? I am curious why companies often use hand painting given that Japanese gashapon companies show that machine painting can be done more precisely.

Regarding new products, I wonder how you could stand out of the crowd of toy animal manufacturers. My collecting background is more in vintage companies and Japanese companies, and I find that the products of modern toy animal companies are all very similar in terms of sculpting and painting style, material and sizes. Perhaps a few ideas to do things differently (with my own biases, I am afraid).

How about producing series of animals to scale? If they are marketed in the right way (e.g., models to scale are educationally better and more realistic), then I think they could be very successful. Or high-quality small (tube-sized) models? Strangely, all manufacturers make their small animal toys lower quality than the larger size animals. If you make small models that are high quality, then they would be more attractive to both collectors and children. And why do manufacturers make small-size animals in a box or tube all the same size? Much better for both playability and display to make the larger animals larger than the small ones.

And a wilder thought: 3D printed models. My impression is that the first animal model manufacturer which develops this technology with the use of high-quality plastic and paint will be on to a winner. Moulds will no longer be needed and it will be easy to produce models with many different poses and in different sizes. Customers will be able to choose between a much larger variety of models without much cost to the manufacturer. An example of this kind of development are the models by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], though their plastic quality is still low and they are unpainted. Historically, toy animal manufacturers that were on the forefront of technology often became the main companies. I wonder whether 3D printing may be the next revolution in the business.
Received your question, our boss is very important, I have already submitted your question organization to him, I believe he can give you a satisfactory reply! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. EmptyTue May 21, 2024 4:51 pm

At the moment I only own the "kangaroos and koalas" set, but I already know I simply can't resist the primates. I don't yet know all the species that will be included, but I've heard of a mandrill... So I have a wish, if for once a manufacturer could make a Drill instead, it would be paradise. sunny

I really like the sets by geographical distribution or by groups of closely related animals, as you do for monkeys or felines. It reminds me a bit of the philosophy of Play Visions or Colorata and I really like that.

Toymany-kenc wrote:
How to upload more pictures, it seems to be limited to three pictures at a time. Smile

The best option is to use a website like Postimage and paste the "link for forums" directly here, it is the safer way to post several pics on STS. Very Happy

By the way, ToyMany already has its own space on STS [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. It would be a good idea to post new topics there so that collectors can find them more easily.
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. EmptyTue May 21, 2024 8:29 pm

Toymany-kenc wrote:
Reply to Saarlooswolfhound:

We'll be looking at making birds for our next set, and are still gathering information on the animals in question!

I am very happy that you are doing a series on Birds! Very Happy Applause cheers sunny
What a family ? From which continents? Regions? Have you already made the choice of species? Is this a mixture. study ... I don't think.....
I see on your monkey models, do you use wax for the sculpture? scratch
I would love to see the list. a.... jocolor .... birds and I'm already looking forward to your future outings drunken bounce Wink
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. EmptyTue May 21, 2024 9:43 pm

Wonderful primate set!!!Hope to more of your wonderful models.Maybe a set of cattle breeds-rare and uncommon breeds and maybe the same for donkeys and chickens.

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. EmptyTue May 21, 2024 9:47 pm

Thanks a lot for your replies and considering our many suggestions here! I am very much looking forward to seeing more information about the production process on your website.

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. EmptyWed May 22, 2024 1:55 pm

Thank you for letting us propose ideas :) There were already some colloborations between companies and the STS forum and it was always a pleasure. So I´m very excited what will come in the future, there are so many animals that were never present as figure. I also love the idea of regional groups (like the polar sets) or taxonomic groups like the monkeys that we will see hopefully in the next months :)
Back to top Go down
Toymany-kenc

Toymany-kenc

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. EmptyThu May 23, 2024 4:54 am

UPDATE: The sculptor has designed new moves for the Orangutan Monkey set, and the last image is a concept product, I think it's some kind of hermit crab? Or some other kind of crab.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. EmptyThu May 23, 2024 5:52 am

Some interesting species

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. EmptyThu May 23, 2024 6:06 am

Loving these primates!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. Empty

Back to top Go down

Toymany idea of making products.
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next