Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Toymany idea of making products.

Go down 
+20
Klaudia199219
snailtime
Ana
bmathison1972
MartinH
aschuck
Roger
Jill
MansoBoricua
Duck-Anch-Amun
Taos
Kikimalou
rogerpgvg
widukind
NightLioness
Joliezac
Saarlooswolfhound
lucky luke
Stripedhyena
Toymany-kenc
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

Toymany idea of making products. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2024 3:20 pm

The Golden Monkey is especially beautiful! I like the idea of making Patas Monkey too.
I'm also curious about the species of macaque you mentioned under the number 13. Maybe a Barbary macaque?
One day I would love to see a model of a Red Shanked Douc, it's such a beautiful species and I don't think I've seen any sculptures of them.

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2024 8:01 pm

Barbary or Rhesus ?
Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2024 8:09 pm

Thanks for the species informations :)

Directly on my wishlist:
- Thehamadryas is a really must-have!
- I have a self-painted Common patas monkey, so this one will join my collection, too.

Maybe:
- For the olive baboon, I will have to look as I have an undetermined Safari Ltd. toob Baboon that I used as olive baboon.
- Identifying animals like Orang-Utans on the species-level is always nice (curious why not done for the gorilla?). However I have to check if my Schleich model from 2003 is a sumatra or borneo species
- For the macaque, I will wait a concrete identification :)

All the other primates are nice, too and I´m sure that with creative poses, there will be a lot of amateurs of these models. However for me as species collector, most of them are already available from other brands
Back to top Go down
Toymany-kenc

Toymany-kenc

Country/State : US

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2024 4:09 am

Hi,All friends.Number 13 is Rhesus,

This is the corresponding description: body length 51-63 centimeters. It is a typical Macaca mulatta, mainly characterized by a short tail and a cheek pouch. The carapace is stout, with an average body length of about 50 centimeters, and their forelimbs are about as long as their hind limbs, with thumbs that can oppose the other four fingers for a flexible grip, and a low forehead with a raised prong. The head is brown, the back is brownish gray or brownish yellow, the lower part is orange or orange-red, and the ventral surface is pale grayish yellow.
Mainly inhabits in the rocky mountain cliffs, streams and valleys and river banks in the dense forests or sparse forests on rocky mountains, physiologically closer to humans, distributed in Afghanistan, Pakistan, northern India and southern China in the vast area.

Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/toymanyofficial

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/toymany_official
Back to top Go down
https://toymany.com?utm_source=STSforum
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2024 6:13 am

Thank you for your answer 🤗
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2024 6:56 pm

Thanks for telling us. It is a relatively common species that is not commonly represented by modern toy companies and that deserved a good replica. I'm happy. monkey

snailtime

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2024 2:01 am

Thank you for sharing your process with us! I've been following Toymany for a while and have been increasingly impressed with the new designs you've been putting out. The monkeys and apes are incredible. And so much variety! Your sculptors are master artists. It's incredible how they've managed to show so much fur detail. The texture of the hermit crab you shared earlier was similarly jaw-dropping! I really hope you do end up sharing some behind-the-scenes photos of the colorist process. That sounds fascinating. Please continue to share with us!  Applause

I put in an idea submission on your website last night for a set of land snails, slugs, and semislugs. Even if you don't create a full set and just produce one snail or one slug, that would still be amazing! I'm obviously a bit biased, but I'm sure many people would love to get their hands on a figure of one of the many visually interesting species out there, especially since there currently aren't many options (and no slugs or semislugs are on the market at all). I'm sure small children would find these colorful creatures very appealing as well!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Toymany-kenc

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2024 4:05 am

snailtime wrote:
Thank you for sharing your process with us! I've been following Toymany for a while and have been increasingly impressed with the new designs you've been putting out. The monkeys and apes are incredible. And so much variety! Your sculptors are master artists. It's incredible how they've managed to show so much fur detail. The texture of the hermit crab you shared earlier was similarly jaw-dropping! I really hope you do end up sharing some behind-the-scenes photos of the colorist process. That sounds fascinating. Please continue to share with us!  Applause

I put in an idea submission on your website last night for a set of land snails, slugs, and semislugs. Even if you don't create a full set and just produce one snail or one slug, that would still be amazing! I'm obviously a bit biased, but I'm sure many people would love to get their hands on a figure of one of the many visually interesting species out there, especially since there currently aren't many options (and no slugs or semislugs are on the market at all). I'm sure small children would find these colorful creatures very appealing as well!
I received your recommendation, I'll make a note of it and at the end of each year we plan our new products for each year, I'll let you know if I get some snail ideas. What's the name of the red snail in the top right corner of the picture, it's cool Wink

Back to top Go down
snailtime

snailtime

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2024 4:15 am

Toymany-kenc wrote:
snailtime wrote:

I received your recommendation, I'll make a note of it and at the end of each year we plan our new products for each year, I'll let you know if I get some snail ideas. What's the name of the red snail in the top right corner of the picture, it's cool Wink

Thanks! That's a Kaputar Pink Slug (Triboniophorus nov “kaputar"). They only live in one place in Australia and the visitor center at Mount Kaputar really emphasizes the existence of the species to tourists. I'm sure they would love to add a pink slug figure to their gift shop. The slug is basically a local mascot. Very Happy More info.

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2024 12:45 am

Hello,

Let me share a few observations from the point of view of a blind figurine collector.
Sorry for the somewhat chaotic post, but I would like to put the most important things in one message.
I like small figurines best - the ones sold in tubes.
Unfortunately, I don't like the pursuit of increasing miniaturization and the lack of an appropriate scale for animal species.
In tubes, a panda can be bigger than an elephant :-)
For example, in the Safari LTD European Animals tube, the figures of a deer and a chamois are so small that it is difficult to notice the difference in the shape of the head and muzzle.
I already have 3 sets of cats produced by you. I see that some of the sculptures are new, and some are based on figures from other manufacturers.
I also have an older set of 10 rabbits and hares - I think they are all based on available models?
I'm just waiting for the newest one
I'm glad that you will now be designing figures from scratch.
When it comes to the material from which the figurines are made, I like plastic, e.g. from the Safari LTD South African Animals tube. It is at the same time flexible, but hard enough that all the details are clearly felt.
However, I do not like the plastic used in the CollectA Wild Animals 2 tube. The camel has such flexible legs that it is difficult to stand it stably.
The plastic in the new Mojo Fun tubes feels strange to the touch, it somewhat resembles the material used 20 years ago to produce cheap Chinese plastic toys. Although the animal sculptures are very nice, the plastic spoils the fun. Additionally, I have the impression that it is very easy to scratch.
Schleich now uses an interesting material - it is somewhat similar to the one used by Bullyland. It is light, but this makes the figures look as if they were empty inside.
I really like the idea of ​​creating sets based on geographic region or similarity of groups and species.
For example, I miss animals found in Madagascar.
Such a set was once released by Wild Republic, but is no longer available. I'm also not sure if the quality of carving these figures is satisfactory, because I don't have any of the set below.
A fossa figurine is my big dream. I can't imagine what this animal looks like.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

When it comes to the size of the figures, I like figures in a size similar to those produced by the Japanese company Eikoh.
For me, for example, Colorata figurines are a big disappointment. Although many people wrote to me that they were very pretty, to me they looked completely average. They have interesting poses, but the texture of their fur is very faint

I won't give you the entire list of animals that I miss, but I would like to point out a few suggestions that would make me happy.
Most of them were once produced by other companies, but they are so rare or produced a long time ago that I have not found them yet and many collectors would certainly be happy with new models of these animals.
I really liked Play Visions' idea for thematic sets. Unfortunately, they are unavailable and in terms of carving they differ from today's standards.
Maybe it would be worth producing the following species with completely new sculptures?

These are just a few examples.

I will be happy to answer your questions, e.g. in a private message or at the following e-mail address:

It's very good that there is a new manufacturer who is so open to contact with customers.
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2024 8:44 pm

Ana wrote:
The Golden Monkey is especially beautiful! I like the idea of making Patas Monkey too.
I'm also curious about the species of macaque you mentioned under the number 13. Maybe a Barbary macaque?
One day I would love to see a model of a Red Shanked Douc, it's such a beautiful species and I don't think I've seen any sculptures of them.

I too would add for later a guereza colobus a white-faced saki bald ouakari sacred langure study Wink
Back to top Go down
Ponies and Paint

Ponies and Paint

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2024 10:23 pm

I have a quick question. Would you guys ever consider adding original horse sculpts to your line-up? It would be really cool to see what you guys come up with.
Back to top Go down
Toymany-kenc

Toymany-kenc

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 13, 2024 3:40 am

Klaudia199219 wrote:
Hello,

Let me share a few observations from the point of view of a blind figurine collector.
Sorry for the somewhat chaotic post, but I would like to put the most important things in one message.
I like small figurines best - the ones sold in tubes.
Unfortunately, I don't like the pursuit of increasing miniaturization and the lack of an appropriate scale for animal species.
In tubes, a panda can be bigger than an elephant :-)
For example, in the Safari LTD European Animals tube, the figures of a deer and a chamois are so small that it is difficult to notice the difference in the shape of the head and muzzle.
I already have 3 sets of cats produced by you. I see that some of the sculptures are new, and some are based on figures from other manufacturers.
I also have an older set of 10 rabbits and hares - I think they are all based on available models?
I'm just waiting for the newest one
I'm glad that you will now be designing figures from scratch.
When it comes to the material from which the figurines are made, I like plastic, e.g. from the Safari LTD South African Animals tube. It is at the same time flexible, but hard enough that all the details are clearly felt.
However, I do not like the plastic used in the CollectA Wild Animals 2 tube. The camel has such flexible legs that it is difficult to stand it stably.
The plastic in the new Mojo Fun tubes feels strange to the touch, it somewhat resembles the material used 20 years ago to produce cheap Chinese plastic toys. Although the animal sculptures are very nice, the plastic spoils the fun. Additionally, I have the impression that it is very easy to scratch.
Schleich now uses an interesting material - it is somewhat similar to the one used by Bullyland. It is light, but this makes the figures look as if they were empty inside.
I really like the idea of ​​creating sets based on geographic region or similarity of groups and species.
For example, I miss animals found in Madagascar.
Such a set was once released by Wild Republic, but is no longer available. I'm also not sure if the quality of carving these figures is satisfactory, because I don't have any of the set below.
A fossa figurine is my big dream. I can't imagine what this animal looks like.

When it comes to the size of the figures, I like figures in a size similar to those produced by the Japanese company Eikoh.
For me, for example, Colorata figurines are a big disappointment. Although many people wrote to me that they were very pretty, to me they looked completely average. They have interesting poses, but the texture of their fur is very faint

I won't give you the entire list of animals that I miss, but I would like to point out a few suggestions that would make me happy.
Most of them were once produced by other companies, but they are so rare or produced a long time ago that I have not found them yet and many collectors would certainly be happy with new models of these animals.
I really liked Play Visions' idea for thematic sets. Unfortunately, they are unavailable and in terms of carving they differ from today's standards.
Maybe it would be worth producing the following species with completely new sculptures?

These are just a few examples.

I will be happy to answer your questions, e.g. in a private message or at the following e-mail address:

It's very good that there is a new manufacturer who is so open to contact with customers.
Hello,Klaudia199219.

First of all, thank you for recognizing us, new products every year we will be at the end of the year, referring to the users to make a proposal for next year's new products. Wink

Regarding the originality issue, yes, at the beginning we have some products that are references to other brands, after October these products will be taken down from our various channels, at present mainly Amazon still sells these products. However, all the products you see on our website are developed and designed by our own team, there is no plagiarism, so there are some Amazon styles that we do not have. We hope all friends choose our official website when you buy, our team can give you better feedback.

Ponies and Paint wrote:
I have a quick question. Would you guys ever consider adding original horse sculpts to your line-up? It would be really cool to see what you guys come up with.
Thanks for the advice Very Happy Very Happy I know there are a lot of horse lovers out there.

Both schleich and Breyer's horses are doing very well in the current market, so it's hard to compete with them.

We have the advantage of being able to design a wider variety of products (our four designers and engravers give us a constant flow of ideas) We have good quality, lower prices and faster service. This is why we have survived. We hope you can choose our brand when you are interested in other animals.

Back to top Go down
Toymany-kenc

Toymany-kenc

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 13, 2024 3:41 am

The latest news on the Ape Monkey set is:It's been sent to the factory for coloring, so maybe next week we'll get to see the first version of the colors bounce

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 13, 2024 4:24 am

Toymany-kenc wrote:
The latest news on the Ape Monkey set is:It's been sent to the factory for coloring, so maybe next week we'll get to see the first version of the colors bounce

Can't wait!!

Animal Ark Website
Animal Figure Photography Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 13, 2024 6:44 am

Very Happy Applause cheers I love you arrow study Cool
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 14, 2024 11:06 am

Those are really good news. We all look like little happy monkeys waiting for the Ape/Monkeys set. monkey bounce

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 14, 2024 11:26 am

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

Toymany-kenc

Toymany-kenc

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2024 11:13 am

Animals waiting to be colored bounce bounce
Like a dumpling lol...

And white tiger!

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2024 6:50 pm

Is that the sleeping Koala waiting to be painted? They do look a lot like dumplings!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2024 7:55 pm

Isn't it too much sugar? Laughing More beautiful Toymany ready to give us a lot of joy. bounce bounce

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2024 8:00 pm

The Napping Panda Cub???
Back to top Go down
Toymany-kenc

Toymany-kenc

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2024 2:39 am

Yes!It's a Panda Cub Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Toymany-kenc

Toymany-kenc

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2024 11:45 am

Hey guys.New birds are being carved!

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2024 2:37 pm

Good looking Very Happy Can you tell which species would be create ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Toymany idea of making products.
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next