Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Toymany idea of making products.

Go down 
+18
Ana
bmathison1972
MartinH
aschuck
Roger
Jill
MansoBoricua
Duck-Anch-Amun
Taos
Kikimalou
rogerpgvg
widukind
NightLioness
Joliezac
Saarlooswolfhound
lucky luke
Stripedhyena
Toymany-kenc
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

Toymany idea of making products. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2024 11:43 pm

Fantastic job I love the idea of ​​the monkeys, the orangutan is wonderful drunken bounce
Thank you for sharing Applause cheers sunny
Back to top Go down
Toymany-kenc

Toymany-kenc

Country/State : US

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2024 11:55 pm

lucky luke wrote:
Toymany-kenc wrote:
Reply to Saarlooswolfhound:

We'll be looking at making birds for our next set, and are still gathering information on the animals in question!

I am very happy that you are doing a series on Birds!  Very Happy  Applause  cheers  sunny
What a family  ? From which continents? Regions? Have you already made the choice of species? Is this a mixture.   study ... I don't think.....
I see on your monkey models, do you use wax for the sculpture?  scratch
I would love to see the list. a....  jocolor .... birds and I'm already looking forward to your future outings drunken bounce Wink
Sorry for replying late, sometimes I don't see the message, at the moment for the species we will consider some of the birds voted by the users, but they won't be too rare because we have to consider whether the users will like them when they are produced or not,

The material we used to carve these monkeys is oil clay Wink cheers cheers

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/toymany_official

About Toymany:https://toymany.com/pages/about
Back to top Go down
https://toymany.com?utm_source=STSforum
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 23, 2024 7:53 am

These all look fantastic! And that hermit crab especially is spectacular!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 23, 2024 10:44 am

The Orangutan is awesome and I can't wait to discover the whole monkeys and apes set. Have all the species already been chosen, or are you still thinking about it? When do you think this set will be released?
The hermit crab is very impressive, I hope you'll produce models like that too, they remind me of the current Bandai models and also of Safari Ltd's "Incredible creatures" series.
Back to top Go down
MansoBoricua

MansoBoricua

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 23, 2024 12:45 pm

Something I commented with the Toymany team on e-mail, and something I would like to share with you guys, is that I would like to see a Murrah buffalo. It would be an interesting addition to the Toymany Farm Friends collection, because Murrah buffaloes are the most common water buffalo breed in the world, and likely the most preferred among dairy farmers in East Asia.
Back to top Go down
https://ianadames02.wixsite.com/ianadamesart
Toymany-kenc

Toymany-kenc

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 23, 2024 7:21 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
The Orangutan is awesome and I can't wait to discover the whole monkeys and apes set. Have all the species already been chosen, or are you still thinking about it? When do you think this set will be released?
The hermit crab is very impressive, I hope you'll produce models like that too, they remind me of the current Bandai models and also of Safari Ltd's "Incredible creatures" series.
Our new product output time is about 1-2 sets in 2-3 months, at the moment this newest product is the panda set and the rabbit set, the orangutan set might be available in August/September, I'll update here when I have the latest progress! cheers

MansoBoricua wrote:
Something I commented with the Toymany team on e-mail, and something I would like to share with you guys, is that I would like to see a Murrah buffalo. It would be an interesting addition to the Toymany Farm Friends collection, because Murrah buffaloes are the most common water buffalo breed in the world, and likely the most preferred among dairy farmers in East Asia.
Thanks for the suggestion, we usually carry on collecting animals of interest to our customers on this web page! It helps us to choose the most popular products!Toymany-Wish

Back to top Go down
Toymany-kenc

Toymany-kenc

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 23, 2024 7:23 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
These all look fantastic! And that hermit crab especially is spectacular!
Thank you. I'll tell the designers how much everyone loves the hermit crab. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 24, 2024 9:46 am

Toymany-kenc wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
Our new product output time is about 1-2 sets in 2-3 months, at the moment this newest product is the panda set and the rabbit set, the orangutan set might be available in August/September, I'll update here when I have the latest progress! cheers

Great, I will wait for september Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 24, 2024 5:22 pm

Your sculptor is an incredible artist! Applause
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 31, 2024 7:32 am

Could you share more pics of the supposed mandrill ? There's someting with its mouth that itching my mind
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 31, 2024 4:29 pm

That's a very interesting topic and it is remarkable that you share so many informations with us.
I'm especially excited about these primates, as far as I can see they are sculpted by very talented people. There are not many variation in colors to suggest but, as long as you represent (mature) males, I think for primates the best choice is to follow the features of a dominant male like the brightly colored faces of mandrills, the silver back of gorillas, the silvery mane and cape around hamadryas baboon shoulders. Some gibbon species show evident color variations but as far as I can see there's no gibbon in this set.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 01, 2024 1:15 am

Roger wrote:
That's a very interesting topic and it is remarkable that you share so many informations with us.
I'm especially excited about these primates, as far as I can see they are sculpted by very talented people. There are not many variation in colors to suggest but, as long as you represent (mature) males, I think for primates the best choice is to follow the features of a dominant male like the brightly colored faces of mandrills, the silver back of gorillas, the silvery mane and cape around hamadryas baboon shoulders. Some gibbon species show evident color variations but as far as I can see there's no gibbon in this set.

Please please Toymany don't listen to the croc, make a Drill instead of one more mandrill bounce bounce bounce Laughing Laughing Laughing

There is a gibbon I guess Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 01, 2024 5:16 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:

Please please Toymany don't listen to the croc, make a Drill instead of one more mandrill  bounce  bounce  bounce   Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

There is a gibbon I guess  Very Happy

Laughing Yes, listen to the macaque. He has the final word on this, since I don't like to intrude in other people's family matters. ;P
There are a few mandrills in the market, showing a drill makes no difference for your set as a concept and it will bring a completely new animal to this hobby. It could motivate species collectors to buy this set and sometimes it works as an open door to these collectors to become regular customers. Drills are also easier for te production process since they are more uniformly colored.
I hope Christophe is right about the gibbon and here is another good chance to include an unusual species, just avoid a lar gibbon, the distributor won't notice it but the collector will applaud. monkey

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 01, 2024 5:00 pm

Don't mess around! Palmface keep the mandrill, it has a very different pose and gesture than the ones that have come out so far! Add a drill to the set, but keep the mandrill, the a hamadryas and the baboon....
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

PostSubject: Questions   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 02, 2024 5:56 pm

Dear Toymany-kenc,

Hey there, I have a question: how high quality are the figures you have? Are they as high quality as Safari Ltd? The reason why I ask is because I'm thinking of adding your sets to my collection, but I've never seen, or touched, these figures up close, so I have no idea about the quality. For me, as a blind figure collector, the quality of a figure really does matter. Also, as far as ideas of sets I'd like to see, have you thought of doing a set of jellyfish, or tropical fish? Just wondering. Anyway, if you have answers for my questions, let me know.

Sincerely,

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Toymany-kenc

Toymany-kenc

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 02, 2024 9:58 pm

lol Thanks for the discussion, everyone has different ideas which is great, we try our best to make something that makes everyone happy with the variety. I'll be shooting at the sculptors again this week, they're not on the same floor as me, I'm busy for the next couple days, I'll be there when I can :) cheers

Back to top Go down
Toymany-kenc

Toymany-kenc

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 02, 2024 10:05 pm

aschuck wrote:
Dear Toymany-kenc,

Hey there, I have a question: how high quality are the figures you have? Are they as high quality as Safari Ltd? The reason why I ask is because I'm thinking of adding your sets to my collection, but I've never seen, or touched, these figures up close, so I have no idea about the quality. For me, as a blind figure collector, the quality of a figure really does matter. Also, as far as ideas of sets I'd like to see, have you thought of doing a set of jellyfish, or tropical fish? Just wondering. Anyway, if you have answers for my questions, let me know.

Sincerely,

Aschuck

Hi,Aschuck.

I am glad that you are interested in our products, I must say that it is obviously not convincing enough for me to say myself that the quality of my products is good, if there are other buyers of our products, you can tell aschuck how the quality of our products is :) Very Happy

Also, I noticed that you asked us in another post if we have cat kits and farm animals, yes, we do, and you can find the information about it on our website.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Best,

Kenc.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 03, 2024 3:39 pm

aschuck wrote:
Dear Toymany-kenc,

Sincerely,

Aschuck

Anna, I only have the penguins set and let me tell you they are excellent. Even the bottom parts of the feet are detailed. They are also very accurate in terms of shape, it is not always easy to do it with penguins because different species look too much alike but they got the shape of the bills, wings, body, tails, everything is correct. Penguins with long tails have them perfectly proportioned with the correct shape, you can feel each toe with your touch and sme of them are sculpted in very interesting poses. I know you can't tell colors but they are correctly represented. They are better for you than the Colorata pnguins because their texture is much richer. Colorata penguins are accurate but less detailed in terms of sculpt. They use a pvc similar to Safari Ltd, figures are correctly deodored, so the quality is similar to wht you know from other (famous) brands.
About the other sets, you can read the feedback of other collectors on forum since many people on STS already bought a good number of these sets and presented on forum. With all honesty, just be sure youbuy their sets with their own design because their early sets are heavily inspired on other known models and despite the subtle difference, they might look the same to you. In case of doubt, just ask me or ask on forum.

Toymany-kenc

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 03, 2024 8:43 pm

UPDATE: Brings some new looks and varieties, including the final concept product, Pufferfish. What do you guys think of these new looks?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

study study study Basketball

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 03, 2024 8:49 pm

The primates are looking fantastic! Can't wait to see them painted. The pufferfish is a nice surprise! I love it cheers

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 03, 2024 10:02 pm

As I said over on ATF, the primates look great and so does that puffed up puffer!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2024 1:57 am

I love the baboon and the mandrill, can’t wait to buy them!!!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2024 3:27 am

They look really great, I'm mostly excited about the baboon! monkey

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2024 3:35 am

I count at least 13 primates, am I right ?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2024 7:11 am

Kikimalou wrote:
I count at least 13 primates, am I right ?

Aren't you counting the mandrill twice? ... a man and a drill? Razz

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Toymany idea of making products.
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next