Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Toymany idea of making products.

Go down 
+18
Ana
bmathison1972
MartinH
aschuck
Roger
Jill
MansoBoricua
Duck-Anch-Amun
Taos
Kikimalou
rogerpgvg
widukind
NightLioness
Joliezac
Saarlooswolfhound
lucky luke
Stripedhyena
Toymany-kenc
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Toymany idea of making products. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2024 10:57 am

Roger wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
I count at least 13 primates, am I right ?

Aren't you counting the mandrill twice? ... a man and a drill? Razz

If I also count Orang and Utan, they are 15 Laughing

About the Mandrill, the face seems still very weird for me, I haven't eagle eyes but I don't see the big canines and I can't see the gums either Suspect  scratch

Roger wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

Please please Toymany don't listen to the croc, make a Drill instead of one more mandrill  bounce  bounce  bounce   Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Laughing Yes, listen to the macaque. He has the final word on this, since I don't like to intrude in other people's family matters. ;P
There are a few mandrills in the market, showing a drill makes no difference for your set as a concept and it will bring a completely new animal to this hobby. It could motivate species collectors to buy this set and sometimes it works as an open door to these collectors to become regular customers. Drills are also easier for te production process since they are more uniformly colored.

Stripedhyena wrote:
Don't mess around!  Palmface keep the mandrill, it has a very different pose and gesture than the ones that have come out so far! Add a drill to the set, but keep the mandrill, the a hamadryas and the baboon....

What can I say scratch Of course one more mandrill in an unusual pose is a good thing even if it is first one more mandrill...  What is a mandrill ? It is a colorful monkey with male full of testosterone, the guy in the gang who shouldn't be messed with. The only monkey I know who surpasses the mandrill in this respect is the Drill, which may be less colourful but is even more impressive. Do something please,bounce bounce bounce bounce  listen to the opinion of a macaque rather than that of a striped hyena.  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2024 1:24 pm

I also thought about the absence of visible dentition. Also in the anatomical shape of the mouth profile, but I understand that they are in process... scratch
On the hyena side... there is room for Mand and for Drill, but the mold doesn't fit the latter, maybe they have to create the dark cousin of the rainbow gangster from a new start.
Back to top Go down
Toymany-kenc

Toymany-kenc

Country/State : US

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2024 7:55 pm

This is just the first version of the sculptor's model, there are still a lot of things that need to be perfected, some may be kept and some may be removed, so let's look forward to the full version.

Color wise it will take a while for the colorist to experiment and make sure to restore the true colors :)

In addition to the sculptor, we also have a staff member using the modeling tools to create some more thoughtful animals with the 3D printer, which I'll show you when I get a chance study

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/toymany_official

About Toymany:https://toymany.com/pages/about
Back to top Go down
https://toymany.com?utm_source=STSforum
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2024 8:09 pm

Oooo I am curious what the 3D printer can present for us!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2024 4:19 pm

I'm also very interested to see how 3D really works and the impact it will have in this business. Though, I am still fascinated by the classic way these figures are produced. Most customers have no idea all the steps needed to make a figure.

Toymany-kenc

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2024 8:50 pm

Update: The male proboscis monkey, which is endemic to the island of Borneo in Southeast Asia, is one of the largest monkey species native to Asia. Only the Tibetan macaque and a few gray langurs can match its size. Males have a large or proboscis, which can exceed 10.2 centimeters (4.0 in) in length, and hangs below the mouth. Theories of longer nose length suggest that this may be a sexual choice for females, who prefer louder vocalizations, and that the size of the nose increases the volume of the call. bounce Basketball

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Toymany-kenc

Toymany-kenc

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2024 8:51 pm

The set would be at 14 pieces with an attached tree equaling 15 pieces. It will be colored in the next month, I'll try to get to the factory to be able to take pictures of the coloring process for you, I know a lot of you are curious study

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2024 8:56 pm

I think we would all LOVE to see a behind the scenes of the coloration process. This proboscis monkey looks amazing, each hair striation is so carefully done.

As a side note, I usually am not one for scenery like pieces anymore, but 1) I did really enjoy them as a kid and still have a lot of them but 2) in your sets I REALLY enjoy them because they serve a purpose; like for that resting jaguar with its leg hanging down. They are really an amazing integration to the set as a whole.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2024 9:03 pm

I was never a fan of primates, but I'm coming to enjoy and appreciate them a lot more. I would have never thought I would be this excited for a primate set! These look really great so far and I'd love the see the coloring process.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2024 2:14 am

I hope the monkey set will be available in Germany too

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2024 2:57 am

I suspect this set will become my favorite of your sets. A set with 14 animals is unusually ambitious but I'm glad you decided to include so many figures, especially knowning it will show some diversity. It is also nice to follow all steps. I'm happy you used a different pose for the proboscis monkey, all other figures in the market have the exact same pose and yours will break the rule.

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2024 4:23 am

This is wonderful. I love to see behind the scenes of the process of production and creation of the finest details. Personally I value this kind of approach the most in products. Emphasis on realistic look.

I'm blown away by the male orangutan model. He's great. But all representatives of apes and monkeys already look first class. bounce bounce

I can´t wait for more... cheers

lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2024 8:05 am

Fantastic job, I like the idea of ​​a series; A dream for collectors! Very Happy Applause cheers sunny
I really like their unusual poses and the perfection of the sculpture details. Surprised
I would also like you to share the making of the painting, like my illustrious colleagues.
In particular, how are the eyes painted? or if they are tattoos with a machine, I paint a lot and my eyes always go crazy on my figures! scratch cyclops
Back to top Go down
Toymany-kenc

Toymany-kenc

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2024 7:46 pm

lucky luke wrote:
Fantastic job, I like the idea of ​​a series; A dream for collectors!  Very Happy  Applause  cheers  sunny
I really like their unusual poses and the perfection of the sculpture details.  Surprised
I would also like you to share the making of the painting, like my illustrious colleagues.
In particular, how are the eyes painted? or if they are tattoos with a machine, I paint a lot and my eyes always go crazy on my figures!  scratch  cyclops
as I know, the factory workers, fix the product on a mold, and then they use a tool to paint the eyes of the animals, including other details as well, using the mold so that only a certain part is exposed, and then painting it, ensures the smallest error. Wink

Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 15, 2024 1:12 am

Toymany-kenc wrote:
lucky luke wrote:
Fantastic job, I like the idea of ​​a series; A dream for collectors!  Very Happy  Applause  cheers  sunny
I really like their unusual poses and the perfection of the sculpture details.  Surprised
In particular, how are the eyes painted? or if they are tattoos with a machine, I paint a lot and my eyes always go crazy on my figures!  scratch  cyclops
as I know, the factory workers, fix the product on a mold, and then they use a tool to paint the eyes of the animals, including other details as well, using the mold so that only a certain part is exposed, and then painting it, ensures the smallest error. Wink

Thank you so much Smile
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 15, 2024 9:12 am

I cant wait to have in hands this 14 primates, it is a very good news for me cheers
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 6:15 am

Kikimalou wrote:
I cant wait to have in hands this 14 primates, it is a very good news for me cheers

Same here

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Toymany-kenc

Toymany-kenc

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 8:35 pm

Thanks all friend cheers

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2024 2:45 am

Toymany-kenc wrote:
The set would be at 14 pieces with an attached tree equaling 15 pieces. It will be colored in the next month, I'll try to get to the factory to be able to take pictures of the coloring process for you, I know a lot of you are curious study

can you tell us the exact species nvolved in the set ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Toymany-kenc

Toymany-kenc

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2024 9:09 pm

There may be a slight change in the final version, but this is the current assortment:

1:the Gorilla/Silverback

The vajra orangutan, commonly known as the gorilla, The vajra orangutan has a collapsed nose, concave eyes, shrugged brow bones, wide mouth, low frontal bone, large nostrils, and no neck; a sturdy, stout body; females are slightly shorter; fur coloration ranges from black, slightly greyish, and brown, with white variants; and it can walk upright. Because of its body like a stout pugilist, so the name.
The macaw orangutan is found mainly in Africa in Cameroon, Gabon, Guinea, Congo, Zaire, Uganda.

2:Mandrill

The mandrill is one of the fiercest and largest monkeys, with a body length of up to more than 80 centimeters, a standing height of more than 1 meter, a brightly colored face, known as the "big flower face" among monkeys, and a very high intelligence quotient.Dark gray coat all over, fluffy and dense, interspersed with bands of black and reddish-yellow hair; has an orange beard, red nose and lips.

3:White-handed Gibbon

The white-pawed gibbon is found in southern China, as well as in eastern Myanmar, Laos, Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia. It mainly lives in broad-leaved evergreen forests and swampy rainforests below 1,200 meters above sea level, and is endangered due to its narrow distribution. It is classified as endangered (EN) in the IUCN Red List of Threatened Species, and is listed as one of the first class of wildlife to be protected by the state. In order to protect this rare and endangered species, China has established a national conservation program to protect the species, which is now in the process of becoming extinct. In order to protect this rare and endangered animal, China has established a nature reserve in the Nanluo River.

4:Squirrel monkey

Squirrel monkeys (scientific name: Saimiri sciureus) are small monkeys from South America that can be easily domesticated and reproduced, and are gradually becoming pet animals. It has a slender body and long tail, and its fur color is mostly golden.
Squirrel monkeys are omnivorous, preferring a variety of fruits and small insects, inhabiting primitive forests near streams, mainly in South America, with four subspecies.

5:proboscis monkey

It's mentioned in the post above, so I won't go into it here.

6:Alouatta pigra

Also known as the red-faced howler monkey, it is a Central American howler monkey. The lazy howler is the largest of the howler monkeys and is the largest of the New World monkeys. Males weigh an average of 11.4 kilograms, while females weigh 6.4 kilograms. They are found close to the Yucatan Peninsula in Belize, Guatemala and Mexico, where they inhabit evergreen, semi-deciduous and lowland rainforests. The IUCN considers the sloth howler monkey to be endangered and they are being protected under Appendix I of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES).

7:Olive Baboon

The East African baboon is found in Mali, Sierra Leone, and Ethiopia. It inhabits open woodlands, bushes and savannahs near water sources. The East African baboon is quite numerous and widely distributed in Africa; it is highly disliked by local farmers because it eats crops.

Since there are many species, I won't explain them all, so if you are interested in the species, you can search the web for it Very Happy

8:Arabian Baboon, a.k.a. Egyptian Baboon

9:Chimpanzee

10:Sumatran Orangutan

11:Golden Snub-nosed Monkey
/ GoldenMonkey

12:Lion-tailed macaque、wanderoo

13: macaque

14:Common patas monkey

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2024 9:20 pm

Thank you for the species list! Had to look up some of these... I'm very excited for this set! bounce

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2024 12:20 am

A few sounds phantastic

Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2024 2:55 am

I can't wait to see them finished and painted!!!! The mandrill, the olive baboon and the hamadryas (egyptian baboon) will definitely come with me!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2024 7:11 am

The list is quite exciting with a good number of unusual species. I was not even aware of a species called patas monkey. Most are very exciting but I am especially excited about the Egyptian baboon. What's the 13 you call just macaque? Is it our Kikimalou? Laughing
I'd say you have material for 3 sets. Only two of the 14 primates are new-world monkeys. You have 5 apes. You could do a apes set (gorilla, orangutans, chimp and gibon), a old world monkeys set and a new-world monkeys set starting withthese two, the howler and the squirrel monkey. If you decide to reduce the number from 14 to 12, please do not remove one of the baboons or the orangutan. Please just remove the new-world monkeys for a new project. Idea
As a last note, thanks for taking your time to give use as much information as possible.

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2024 7:25 am

While not specifically marketed as such, Safari's howler monkey is the same species you are proposing (black body with grey genitalia). You could easily paint it into a unique species!

Number 13, 'macaque'; can we assume this is a rhesus?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toymany idea of making products.   Toymany idea of making products. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Toymany idea of making products.
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next