Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A mirror world for eldrador

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
aschuck

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

A mirror world for eldrador Empty
PostSubject: A mirror world for eldrador   A mirror world for eldrador EmptyWed Oct 26, 2022 12:40 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Okay, I've done it, I've thought of a new world for the Eldrador line. I call it: The World of Reflections, Magic, And Mirrors. I imagine the creatures that live there are all glassy in appearance, and some of the shadow creatures would work well in this new world. Also, if they wanted to, Schleich could play around with the theme of reflections. They could make an Eldrador inn, or hotel, where all the eldrador creatures could hang out. Besides the mirror-like creatures, and the reflection creatures, in this mirror world, there could also be Faceted creatures, creatures that combine animals with the facets of rhinestones. Oh man, I wish I had the power to make this dream a reality, I mean in plastic figure format. It would be so much fun, just designing these strange creatures. Anyway, if anyone has any thoughts on this new world of mirrors, let me know what you think.

Aschuck

P.S. I've written a story which deals with a World of Mirror-image. Maybe sometime, I'll show it to you.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: A mirror world for eldrador   A mirror world for eldrador EmptyWed Oct 26, 2022 1:37 am

I think you could write stories to Schleich. Your criativity and different way of observing things is something valuable.
The Ice figures already have a glassy appearance since ice and glass have a certain similarity. Though, it is not as spectacular as a pure mirror finish could give to it. Also, Sapphire colored creatures or other similar precious gemstone, figures would certainly have a fantastic visual effect.
I surely would love to read about your perception of a mirror world. Mirrors are lik magical things to sighted people, they give the impression of a space that does not exist and that is the reversed image of what is behind us. It is like reading braille from the right side to the left side instead. Curiously, the braille word for ice does not change when reversed.
Interestingly, mirrors have been used as portals for other dimmensions in many fictional stories, mostly those with lots of fantasy creatures.

aschuck

PostSubject: The Portal idea   A mirror world for eldrador EmptyWed Oct 26, 2022 2:03 am

Dear Roger,

Yes, you are right, mirrors are sort of magical. In my story of the world of mirror-image, the ings that world use different mirrors to access different dimensions within the world itself. There's even a mirror which leads to Reality, until it is destroyed, and the path to Reality is permanently blocked. Anyway, this whole mirror world idea is very interesting, and maybe someday, I'll post my story here on the forum, for you guys to read.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Writing Stories for Schleich   A mirror world for eldrador EmptyWed Oct 26, 2022 2:32 am

Dear Roger,

Hey, could you explain what you meant by Writing stories to Schleich? I'm afraid I don't quite understand. I mean, think, they've already hired a child as their storyteller, I think, so why would they want to hear from someone like me? Also, if any figure company would take me seriously, I myself would like to have some say in the making of the mould or moulds, for the fantasy figures, since it's from that mould that we get really nice fantasy figures ... well, sometimes. In the case of Bayala, that world is now focused less on the people in it, as on the creatures that live there. Have you noticed how many unicorns there are now? It's sort of ridiculous, i think, but I've noticed that over the past few years, Schleich's unicorns have had a facial change, for lack of better words. Now, their faces look a lot like arabian horses, with that sort of dished face, with a horn. In my opinion, this whole face change does not appeal to me. That's why I no longer collect Schleich unicorns. Now, I'm not saying that ALL unicorns are bad, I'm just saying that the Schleich ones are TERRIBLE, in terms of face, and body structure. Certainly, they aren't as nice as the older ones. Anyway, I do dream sometimes that a figure company takes me seriously, and lets me work with their sculptors. I dream about this, but how will we, as collectors, make the moulds a reality? And from those moulds, how will worke get the expertise for putting the idea of the moulds into actual figures? My answer is: I really don't know anything about these companies, I'm just so full of interesting ideas that I want to put them out there for you all to see. Also, speaking of unicorns, I've seen the Schleich llama unicorn, and it's NOT going in my collection. Anyway, Roger, you're right, creatures with gemstone like appearances would be cool, but how would we make them? The same question applies to the mirror like creatures too. Anyway, hopefully soon, someone can help me post my mirror-image story up on this forum for you guys to read. It's almost done, I just have to add a few things, and then it will be complete. Hurrah! Anyway, after you read it, if you have any questions about the characters involved in the story, please reply to this topic, and I'll answer your questions as best as I can.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: The mirror image story is completed! Yay!   A mirror world for eldrador EmptyWed Oct 26, 2022 4:13 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Hey, I just wanted to let you all know, the story of the world of mirror-image is complete. I just finished it a few minutes ago. Also, Roger, if you don't mind, do you want to read it? I could attach it on to an email for you. What do you think? If anyone else wants to read this story, just ask me.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: A mirror world for eldrador   A mirror world for eldrador EmptyWed Oct 26, 2022 1:22 pm

Anna, I'd surely love to read your world of mirror story.
What I mean is that you have a fertile immagination and that's the most important skill when a brand is developing a line of toys.
This is not usually a work for children but for adultes. I wouldn't mind doing it myself.I was talking about Eldrador not Bayala, I know both lines belong to Schleich but I don't collect this kind of figures. Though, it is relatively easy to undersstand the Eldrador concept.
Schleich already uses some translucent materials in their figures so I believe they can mimmic gemstone using plastics. Obviously the efect is not exactly the same, just an approach.
Mirror is more complex because it uses aluminium or chrome and those materials are not allowed as far as I know.
I'm not familiar with Schleich unicorns but I know they are a lot. When some lines get successful, brands tend to explore them exhaustively.

aschuck

PostSubject: A fertile imagination   A mirror world for eldrador EmptyWed Oct 26, 2022 6:15 pm

Dear Roger,

Hey, about the story I've written, I'll have to check with mom, and see what she thinks. Thanks also for the comment about my imagination. Yes, it's true, I'm constantly coming up with new figure ideas. About the mirror world for eldrador, they (Schleich) wouldn't necessarily have to do figures with a mirror finish. I just meant that for this world, they could make the figures more gemstone like in the texture of the plastic, or more visually appealing to us collectors. I am planning on getting the ice tiger, because it's probably made with transparent plastic. Man, that guy will will great in my collection. Also, I was thinking of sending you my story via email. Is this okay with you? Anyway, after I check with mom, I'll let you know what we're doing.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: A mirror world for eldrador   A mirror world for eldrador EmptyThu Oct 27, 2022 3:34 pm

I tried to see which kind of material the Ice tiger uses and I'm not sure, it doesn't look translucent at all, just painted to mimmic ice, I guess. It is in an agressive posture, roaring with one paw up. and the body is covered of pointed pieces of ice, especially its back giving to it a bristling appearance. It's a cool figure!

PostSubject: Re: A mirror world for eldrador   A mirror world for eldrador Empty

Back to top Go down

A mirror world for eldrador
Page 1 of 1