Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Show us your: Dolphins and whales.

Go down 
+28
Masoud
Caracal
Bonnie
Jetty
Advicot
Pardofelis
Rakel
costicuba
Roger
Megaptera
Bowhead Whale
landrover
PhocidPhreak
75senta75
Florian
Jolly Reaper
widukind
pelycosaurus
SUSANNE
Coolan
Tarunyada
NightLioness
Kikimalou
TheLastStardust
Bloodrayne
Tove
Ana
lucky luke
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

Show us your: Dolphins and whales. - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us your: Dolphins and whales.   Show us your: Dolphins and whales. - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 20, 2018 8:31 pm

And here a better picture of my Finback Whale made by Bullyland:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Show us your: Dolphins and whales.   Show us your: Dolphins and whales. - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 20, 2018 9:07 pm

I like much ,the color of this whale.

congrats.

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Show us your: Dolphins and whales.   Show us your: Dolphins and whales. - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 11:59 am

That whale is very beautiful. I almost bought it when it was available here in local shops. :)

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us your: Dolphins and whales.   Show us your: Dolphins and whales. - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 7:42 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Show us your: Dolphins and whales.   Show us your: Dolphins and whales. - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 17, 2018 11:14 pm

Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Show us your: Dolphins and whales.   Show us your: Dolphins and whales. - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 17, 2018 11:17 pm

These are my newest Odontoceti: the Play Vision Hourglass Dolphin, the Furuta Dall's Porpoise, the Colorata Commerson's Dolphin and the Colorata Black Sea Bottlenose Dolphin.

Last edited by Megaptera on Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us your: Dolphins and whales.   Show us your: Dolphins and whales. - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 8:01 am

Beautieful newcomers :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Show us your: Dolphins and whales.   Show us your: Dolphins and whales. - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 8:35 am

They are lovely, - so good to see others than the usual "Flipper" cheers

Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Show us your: Dolphins and whales.   Show us your: Dolphins and whales. - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 11:09 am

Yes, I would also like to see some more other Dolphin species than the Bottlenose Dolphin.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us your: Dolphins and whales.   Show us your: Dolphins and whales. - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 5:23 pm

newcomer

Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Show us your: Dolphins and whales.   Show us your: Dolphins and whales. - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 7:29 pm

What I notice, looking at all those pictures, is that many collectors own the same models. What do I conclude? I conclude that not so many whale figures were put on the market, throughout the years. Which means whales are not manufacturers' favorite animals to make and release.
It's not like when I look at collections of lions, african éléphants, tigers or cows; those animals were released by so many companies in so many models that collections of those animals differ a whole lot more from each other.
But when I look at collections of whales, well, I realise exactly how rare are varieties of whales models are in the toy world. And that often brings us collectors to reach out for the same models...
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us your: Dolphins and whales.   Show us your: Dolphins and whales. - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 7:38 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
What I notice, looking at all those pictures, is that many collectors own the same models. What do I conclude? I conclude that not so many whale figures were put on the market, throughout the years. Which means whales are not manufacturers' favorite animals to make and release.
It's not like when I look at collections of lions, african éléphants, tigers or cows; those animals were released by so many companies in so many models that collections of those animals differ a whole lot more from each other.
But when I look at collections of whales, well, I realise exactly how rare are varieties of whales models are in the toy world. And that often brings us collectors to reach out for the same models...

Thats true. But some are much more rare. So i really less songbirds or landfowls, monkeys , antelopes and more :)

Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Show us your: Dolphins and whales.   Show us your: Dolphins and whales. - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 8:59 pm

Don't get me wrong: I don't blame us collectors, of course! I, myself am a whales collector and I know exactly how hard it is to find whales figures at reasonnable price. Laugh if yoy like, but one of my bowhead whales in my collection is... a coin. Yes, a coin. A canadian "special Delivery" coin showing a bowhead whale. And I count this coin as a part of my collection (I didn't photograph it, because I fear we won't be able to see the whale). Desperate, am I not?
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Show us your: Dolphins and whales.   Show us your: Dolphins and whales. - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 1:22 am

Yes, it is because children often think that whales are boring or they are not aggressive enough. But they are very social, intelligent and they can show mercy to other species. But as a figure, they are often quite big and have a higher price.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us your: Dolphins and whales.   Show us your: Dolphins and whales. - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 1:47 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Don't get me wrong: I don't blame us collectors, of course! I, myself am a whales collector and I know exactly how hard it is to find whales figures at reasonnable price. Laugh if yoy like, but one of my bowhead whales in my collection is... a coin. Yes, a coin. A canadian "special Delivery" coin showing a bowhead whale. And I count this coin as a part of my collection (I didn't photograph it, because I fear we won't be able to see the whale). Desperate, am I not?

Dont worry, you know i like different species too, so also whales. I also see the the big whale figurines are often the same species. But if you search you can find any whale species in figurine. But like all collectors (me too) it could never enough :)

Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Show us your: Dolphins and whales.   Show us your: Dolphins and whales. - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2018 10:00 pm

So, now I want to show here the rarest whale species on earth:

It is the Vaquita from Safari:)
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

PostSubject: Re: Show us your: Dolphins and whales.   Show us your: Dolphins and whales. - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2018 10:22 pm

Vaquita Safari is moving my heart, I think I'm going to buy it.

bounce bounce

Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Show us your: Dolphins and whales.   Show us your: Dolphins and whales. - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2018 11:02 pm

Yes, it is a very good model and my favourite model of this year.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us your: Dolphins and whales.   Show us your: Dolphins and whales. - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2018 7:50 am

A beautiful figure, also a newcomer for me :)

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us your: Dolphins and whales.   Show us your: Dolphins and whales. - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 14, 2018 4:14 pm

Safari Ltd newcomers

Back to top Go down
Jolly Reaper

Jolly Reaper

Country/State : Russia

PostSubject: Re: Show us your: Dolphins and whales.   Show us your: Dolphins and whales. - Page 7 EmptyWed May 16, 2018 9:28 am

My lovely gashapon-figures [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jolly Reaper

Jolly Reaper

Country/State : Russia

PostSubject: Re: Show us your: Dolphins and whales.   Show us your: Dolphins and whales. - Page 7 EmptyWed May 16, 2018 9:31 am

And the new-one has just come. Japanese brand Qualia

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Show us your: Dolphins and whales.   Show us your: Dolphins and whales. - Page 7 EmptyWed May 16, 2018 10:27 am

Jolly Reaper wrote:
My lovely gashapon-figures [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Seeing this photo, I just realized you are also on Instagram! Very Happy
Can't get enough of this photo, is is beautiful with so many fantastic orcas I love you

landrover

PostSubject: Re: Show us your: Dolphins and whales.   Show us your: Dolphins and whales. - Page 7 EmptyWed May 16, 2018 4:16 pm

I agree, this photo is splendid.

congrats. cheers cheers

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us your: Dolphins and whales.   Show us your: Dolphins and whales. - Page 7 EmptyWed May 16, 2018 4:24 pm

Nice pics of beautiful figurines :)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show us your: Dolphins and whales.   Show us your: Dolphins and whales. - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Show us your: Dolphins and whales.
Page 7 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next