Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Show us Your Icelandic Horses!!

Go down 
+15
George
Dum_my
AlphaMareArt
sortepletter
Tarunyada
Jetty
Gwaine
Ana
Tove
Night Elf
costicuba
Roger
SUSANNE
widukind
LeeAnn
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Show us Your Icelandic Horses!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us Your Icelandic Horses!!   Show us Your Icelandic Horses!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 6:16 pm

I really enjoy a lot your pictures and also your repaints. Icelandic horses are among the most popular breeds on our forum and it is a joy to see all of these. You don't need to avoid anything, maybe you can keep adding your pictures slightly, you don't need to do it all at once.

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Show us Your Icelandic Horses!!   Show us Your Icelandic Horses!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 8:02 pm

Stunning models and stunning repaints!! Very Happy
It's a joy to see such a beautiful collection of this wonderful type of horse- the Breyers especially are gorgeous! Very Happy
And I'm just loving your backgrounds- how do you do it, did you make them or can you buy these fantastic displays? Very Happy
And I also love your motto- there are certainly never too many models that you can have in a collection! Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Show us Your Icelandic Horses!!   Show us Your Icelandic Horses!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 8:18 pm

Great Icelandic horses George, your customs are wonderful Very Happy

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Show us Your Icelandic Horses!!   Show us Your Icelandic Horses!! - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 7:24 am

Glad you liked seeing them!

The backgrounds are a mixture of pages from a countryside calendar, a print of a painting on thin white card which came from ebay, and my favourite trick - the insides of Breyer boxes. Up til this year, they used to put a photo behind each horse, often scenery in the country that breed came from. Each time I got a new model, I cut out and kept the piece of free scenery, so I've got a nice selection of different landscapes, and some generic field/fence/wall type ones which will do for a multitude of different horses.

The brown fences I made from strips of painted card, the little trees are railway model ones - search hard enough and you'll find some bigger scales which work fine with anything up to Schleich/CollectA size.
The plain grass bases are railway grass sheeting, glued to recycled polystyrene sheets from packaging. The fake ferns attached to one base were snipped from a lifesize artificial fern from a home furnishing shop, they often have them with the pick'n'mix fake flowers!
The base which looks like a road is a bit of spare roofing felt from repairing my old shed, with some railway 'rough grass' glued along the edge to look like a grass verge.

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Show us Your Icelandic Horses!!   Show us Your Icelandic Horses!! - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 9:24 am

George wrote:
Glad you liked seeing them!

The backgrounds are a mixture of pages from a countryside calendar, a print of a painting on thin white card which came from ebay, and my favourite trick - the insides of Breyer boxes. Up til this year, they used to put a photo behind each horse, often scenery in the country that breed came from. Each time I got a new model, I cut out and kept the piece of free scenery, so I've got a nice selection of different landscapes, and some generic field/fence/wall type ones which will do for a multitude of different horses.

The brown fences I made from strips of painted card, the little trees are railway model ones - search hard enough and you'll find some bigger scales which work fine with anything up to Schleich/CollectA size.
The plain grass bases are railway grass sheeting, glued to recycled polystyrene sheets from packaging. The fake ferns attached to one base were snipped from a lifesize artificial fern from a home furnishing shop, they often have them with the pick'n'mix fake flowers!
The base which looks like a road is a bit of spare roofing felt from repairing my old shed, with some railway 'rough grass' glued along the edge to look like a grass verge.
This is so interesting, thank you so much! Very Happy So many creative ideas to make these beautiful backgrounds! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Show us Your Icelandic Horses!!   Show us Your Icelandic Horses!! - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 8:19 pm

Beautiful repaints! And such beautiful photos too. I wonder, what are the most common colours for Icelandic horses?

George

PostSubject: Re: Show us Your Icelandic Horses!!   Show us Your Icelandic Horses!! - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 8:43 pm

If you look at photos of large herds all together (or check out the mass roundup, google search the word Laufskálarétt!), the commonest colours seem to be chestnut, dun, and black, followed by bay and pinto. But I've already painted a lot of bays and chestnuts, so I like to take advantage of the rarer colours they can be, rather than the simple most likely ones! Laughing

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Show us Your Icelandic Horses!!   Show us Your Icelandic Horses!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2021 8:44 pm

Thanks, useful to know for buying the Breyer stablemates Icy.

George

PostSubject: Re: Show us Your Icelandic Horses!!   Show us Your Icelandic Horses!! - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 15, 2022 12:28 pm

A few new Icelandic horses to add, these are all completed or bought since last time I posted in here - they're one of my favourite breeds, as you can see!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Alskær

ýruskjóttur

And updated group photo with all my Icelandic customs so far

Finally, Breyer's 2021 release at Traditional (1:9) scale...

lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Show us Your Icelandic Horses!!   Show us Your Icelandic Horses!! - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 15, 2022 1:34 pm

Very nice color variation Very Happy Applause cheers Cool
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Show us Your Icelandic Horses!!   Show us Your Icelandic Horses!! - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 15, 2022 2:30 pm

Beautiful as a group and wonderful background too.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Show us Your Icelandic Horses!!   Show us Your Icelandic Horses!! - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 15, 2022 3:13 pm

Holy Hamster affraid

Eye candy with +++++++++ cheers

Now you just need a BEC ( Blue-eyed cream ) Wink

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show us Your Icelandic Horses!!   Show us Your Icelandic Horses!! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Show us Your Icelandic Horses!!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3