Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Two new birds of prey : Peregrine Falcon and Bald Eagle from Papo

Go down 
+7
LukaLeon085
donny ong
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
Tarunyada
SUSANNE
11 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Two new birds of prey : Peregrine Falcon and Bald Eagle from Papo Empty
PostSubject: Two new birds of prey : Peregrine Falcon and Bald Eagle from Papo   Two new birds of prey : Peregrine Falcon and Bald Eagle from Papo EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 3:15 pm

Please allow me the pleasure to introduce two more new wild birds from Papo this year Very Happy

First a bit about the names of the species :

In the catalogue Papo calls the eagle "sea eagle"in English and "Seeadler" in German, which is a translation from French ( and Danish too Wink )  : white headed sea eagle.
The name in English is Bald eagle, - but I sort of like the Papo-name better, because the poor birdie is not bald at all   Laughing

Papo calls the small bird "Hawk" in English, "Falke" in German.
It looks to me to be what is usually called a Common buzzard. But In some places these are called Hawks.
Even if I know the names I Danish, I have aways found it difficult to understand why some are called hawks, and some are called Buzzard.
Looking in Wikipedia it seems that I am not alone  Laughing

Well, now to the models from Papo  cheers

Here they are together, a bit confused after all the traveling  Wink
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The elegant Buzzard :

Here he found friends from CollectA and Schleich Very Happy

The powerful eagle :

Discussing the situation with cousins from Safari ( left) and Schleich (Right)  Wink

Very Happy Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Two new birds of prey : Peregrine Falcon and Bald Eagle from Papo   Two new birds of prey : Peregrine Falcon and Bald Eagle from Papo EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 3:36 pm

Gorgeous <3 Thanks for sharing Very Happy I just love the bald eagle I love you

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Two new birds of prey : Peregrine Falcon and Bald Eagle from Papo   Two new birds of prey : Peregrine Falcon and Bald Eagle from Papo EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 4:48 pm

Phantastic bird models :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Two new birds of prey : Peregrine Falcon and Bald Eagle from Papo   Two new birds of prey : Peregrine Falcon and Bald Eagle from Papo EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 5:52 pm

Absolutely stunning. Congrats!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Country/State : Russia

PostSubject: Re: Two new birds of prey : Peregrine Falcon and Bald Eagle from Papo   Two new birds of prey : Peregrine Falcon and Bald Eagle from Papo EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 6:07 pm

Gorgeous eagle! Congrats, Susanne Very Happy
Now I'm sure that this one will find a place in my wishlist bounce
The buzzard looks interesting, but not really detailed Crying or Very sad

'Til then I walk alone.

Back to top Go down
http://schwarzwolfin.deviantart.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Two new birds of prey : Peregrine Falcon and Bald Eagle from Papo   Two new birds of prey : Peregrine Falcon and Bald Eagle from Papo EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 6:20 pm

Papo is a great brand, no doubts about it. Though, it continues not being a species oriented brand and there's no reasons for that. We know that animals appeared as a complement to their historical figures but now animal collections are enough extensive to deserve more atention.
Sea eagle is a generic name to several species of Haliaeetus genus, according to Wikipedia, this name is often used to the white-tailed eagle. No needing of generic name, we are seeing a bald eagle here, French call it white-headed eagle so it could be clearer.
About hawks and buzzards. These names are used to several birds of prey in a non scientific way, they have even different use in different English talking countries.
So, when we talk here about a buzzard we are more taling about birds of Buteo genus although North American call them hawks! Laughing
Well, it is not a common buzzard for me, it is just a peregrine falcon, I guess. scratch The name in French is exactly the same, so again I am not understanding why Papo keeps ambiguous. Sad
In your comparison pictures, you're actually showing them with other figures representing the same species. cheers
Only a little criticism to this fabulous double walk around. The only thing better than a double walk around is a pair of topics with single walk arounds. Wink flower

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Two new birds of prey : Peregrine Falcon and Bald Eagle from Papo   Two new birds of prey : Peregrine Falcon and Bald Eagle from Papo EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 12:58 am

Very beautiful. Thanks.

Back to top Go down
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Two new birds of prey : Peregrine Falcon and Bald Eagle from Papo   Two new birds of prey : Peregrine Falcon and Bald Eagle from Papo EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 6:53 am

WOW affraid

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: Two new birds of prey : Peregrine Falcon and Bald Eagle from Papo   Two new birds of prey : Peregrine Falcon and Bald Eagle from Papo EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 8:59 am

I must say this eagle is stunning Very Happy Congrats :)

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Two new birds of prey : Peregrine Falcon and Bald Eagle from Papo   Two new birds of prey : Peregrine Falcon and Bald Eagle from Papo EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 10:40 am

Thank you for walk around Susanne! Very Happy cheers They are very nice and the photos are great! cheers

I agree with Roger about the species, the smaller one must be a Peregrine Falcon and not a Common Buzzard. It would be great though if any of the modern companies would made Common Buzzard, as these birds are probably the most common birds of prey in Europe and are easiest to spot too. The peregrine falcons were made by 3 of the major brands in recent years yet a buzzard only once by Schleich few years ago in a series of birds of prey (sadly, these are discontinued). So a nice come back of this species would be fantastic especially if the painting was less boring then uniform brownish grey of schleich buzzard. One like this would be nice:

(source : birdphoto.fi)

Anyway the new Papo falcon is beautiful and I think I will need it to my collection too Very Happy The bald eagle is nice but I already have too many Bald Eagles models. Smile

Thank you again for walk around! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Two new birds of prey : Peregrine Falcon and Bald Eagle from Papo   Two new birds of prey : Peregrine Falcon and Bald Eagle from Papo EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 11:50 am

Ana wrote:

It would be great though if any of the modern companies would made Common Buzzard, as these birds are probably the most common birds of prey in Europe and are easiest to spot too. The peregrine falcons were made by 3 of the major brands in recent years yet a buzzard only once by Schleich few years ago in a series of birds of prey (sadly, these are discontinued). So a nice come back of this species would be fantastic especially if the painting was less boring

I agree with you, though there is currently a common buzzard in Bullyland range.
Susanne's picture on Toy Animal Wiki

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Two new birds of prey : Peregrine Falcon and Bald Eagle from Papo   Two new birds of prey : Peregrine Falcon and Bald Eagle from Papo EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 12:30 pm

Oh, that's interesting Very Happy I didn't know that Bullyland has one in their range, great! Very Happy Thank you for info Roger Very Happy

I think it's quite nice. The paint work is better than on Schleich one but I think I still prefer Schleich because it's sculpted more beautifully. Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Two new birds of prey : Peregrine Falcon and Bald Eagle from Papo   Two new birds of prey : Peregrine Falcon and Bald Eagle from Papo EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 1:24 pm

Yes, Bullyland made a fantastic series of Birds of Pray and other birds too, before all the hustle with new owners Bullyland wild birds series . Very Happy

They even had a condor ! And a red kite !
There is a pair of red kite living somwhere near my house, they are SO beautyful and elegant drunken

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Two new birds of prey : Peregrine Falcon and Bald Eagle from Papo   Two new birds of prey : Peregrine Falcon and Bald Eagle from Papo EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 11:33 pm

You're welcome Anna and Susanne, I have the condor from you and also the red kite allong with several other from this wonderful series. Very Happy

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Two new birds of prey : Peregrine Falcon and Bald Eagle from Papo   Two new birds of prey : Peregrine Falcon and Bald Eagle from Papo EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 8:32 am

Congrats Susanne! I love your bold eagle!

PostSubject: Re: Two new birds of prey : Peregrine Falcon and Bald Eagle from Papo   Two new birds of prey : Peregrine Falcon and Bald Eagle from Papo Empty

Back to top Go down

Two new birds of prey : Peregrine Falcon and Bald Eagle from Papo
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Papo :: Papo walkarounds and reviews-
Jump to: