Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Information about AAA models ?

Go down 
+18
Tupolew Tu-154
ROBINJOSEPHISAAKKENDALL
aschuck
Taos
Bowhead Whale
Roger
SUSANNE
widukind
malinablue
SyLoBe
Numa
schleich61
Kikimalou
WILLYBACOMAN
Admin
stecal
HKHollinstone
Rio
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Information about AAA models ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 10, 2017 10:41 pm

I am very happy to show this little model. He is ever so neat , isn't he ? Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url]

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 10, 2017 10:56 pm

malinablue wrote:
This is an old thread, but maybe somebody is still watching and can help me with my question. I am after some AAA/ ELC non-animal figures. Apparently, they made this tiny mini line of mythical creatures. I think they are very small, the size of those figures sold in various tubes. Does anyone know anything about these?

Thanks for any help.

Cindy

Welcome on forum Cindy! Very Happy It is hard to be sure when these figures are really retired because they are made to be sold under several brand names. Though, surely E-Bay is the best place to find them. You can sse also, another centaur like Susanne is showing more two dragons, from Valérie's collection, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 9:10 pm

malinablue wrote:
This is an old thread, but maybe somebody is still watching and can help me with my question. I am after some AAA/ ELC non-animal figures. Apparently, they made this tiny mini line of mythical creatures. I think they are very small, the size of those figures sold in various tubes. Does anyone know anything about these?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]DSC_0001 by Cindy Kennedy, on Flickr

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]DSC_0021 by Cindy Kennedy, on Flickr

Thanks for any help.

Cindy

This is from te same line as my mini-centaur, my mini-chinese dragons and my mini-european dragon!!!
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 9:46 pm

This set was sold in the ELC shops in the UK as a tube of mythical figures.I had the tube but sadly traded it a few years ago.I think the set had 2 models of each creature in the set.

Country/State : Maryland, United States

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 10:16 pm

Taos, thank you for that info. Do you happen to remember how many different figures total there are? Also - were the 2 figures per set the same or were there variations? I wish I knew the exact name of this tube, as I am having difficulty finding a single one. They are either really rare, or I am not looking with the correct search terms.

Cindy
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 30, 2017 9:17 pm

I think there was about 9-10 models and 2 of each in a tube.I have a look on Ebay here in the UK and they seem to be hard to fine-just like you mentioned.I will keep a look out for you for the models as they sometimes appear in second hand shops and car boot sales. Smile

Country/State : Maryland, United States

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 30, 2017 10:59 pm

Thank you very much, Taos. I would be most happy to find them.
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

PostSubject: AAA website   Information about AAA models ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 1:53 am

Hi Guys,

Well, in the past few days, I have done some digging, and I found that the company AAA still exists, albeit in Hong Kong. They do have a website, I think. The Address is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] They also have an email address [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. And a phone number, too, which I haven't tried yet, but here it is: 8522-741-2733. Well, that's all the information I could find.

Anna

P.S. Does anyone have any more item numbers for me?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 8:35 am

Thanks

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 9:00 am

Thanks, Anna Very Happy
A very minimalistic page, but interesting all the same Wink

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 10:44 pm

I added the link at the wiki although it doesn't provide any important information to collectors. Though, maybe it worth trying to contact them. Very Happy

PostSubject: Where the heck did AAA come from?   Information about AAA models ? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 6:58 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Hey, I'm very new here and signed up on this website because I wanted to know more about aaa. Where it came from, who made it, why they sold their figures out to other company's, and such. The very little experience I've had with this company, and the remnants of its products have been good. Every time I find something aaa, i think it's cool cause it seems like a rare relic of the figurine past. There's probably not many people who will see this seeing as the most recent activity was 2017, but I wanted to put my questions out there anyway. I personally am a big fan of the AAA reptiles, the life sized ones, I've had two in my history of aaa. The gecko with its mouth open, simply named "lizard" and the more specific and slightly larger, "solomons tree skink" this is a direct replica of the solomons Islands prehensile tail, or "Monkey tail" skink. From what I've heard the largest skink species there is. The model I have was quite beat up, seeing as there all quite old, I repainted it. I don't know if this was a bad decision because maybe I've hurt the history, or the resale value of the replica. But who am i kidding I don't think I care for reselling it, much less care that it's no longer original. Plus my paint job looks like it could jump out at you! Very happy with it. Model measures 18 inches long (not outstretched) and 6 inches wide. Ever since I got the gecko when i was younger I had the idea that they were casts of frozen/dead real life versions of the animal. I see now that people here think the same thing for some of the AAA replicas. Is there any way to really tell if this is true? I very strongly believe it is, but it could also be the work of a very very skilled sculptor, though unlikely. I'd like to know what you guys think here, tell me all you can scrounge up, and thank you.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 9:20 am

Interesting species but the size

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 12:10 pm

Welcome on forum.
AAA is a Chinese manufacturer with a huge range of animal figures. They mostly produce their models to be sold by other brands or companies.
Safari Ltd, Bullyland, Schleich, Early Learning Center, Mamejo Nature, Ravensden, , Wild Republic, Yolanda and many other brands sold these figures. As there is no official information known, we are trying to sort everything we can inf in this Wiki page.
Many people believe those large reptiles are directly cast from real specimens. As far as I know there's no official confirmation about it. I tend to believe they are sculpted by someone very talented but using real animals through direct observation. It is the only explanation I find for the wrong fingers of the chameleon and other minor mistakes.
Your repaint is wonderful and if the original painting was in poor condition, I think it was a good idea to give to it a new life.

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 4:01 pm

Roger wrote:
Welcome on forum.
Thanks! That's a lot of good information to start off with. And in regards to my repaint, I think if I ever come to dislike it it wouldn't be hard to scrub off. The original paint is much more sound, though less accurately detailed. That is my only gripe with these AAA figures, that they don't reach their full potential because of the lacking paint job. I find the sculpt on the life sized reptiles and amphibians easily surpassing that of safari Ltd or papo. 
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 4:46 pm

ROBINJOSEPHISAAKKENDALL wrote:
Roger wrote:
Welcome on forum.
Thanks! That's a lot of good information to start off with. And in regards to my repaint, I think if I ever come to dislike it it wouldn't be hard to scrub off. The original paint is much more sound, though less accurately detailed. That is my only gripe with these AAA figures, that they don't reach their full potential because of the lacking paint job. I find the sculpt on the life sized reptiles and amphibians easily surpassing that of safari Ltd or papo. 
I agree concerning the reptiles, they are much nicer than those released by major brands, I think crocodiles are the exception, AAA don't have a crocodile that rivals the current Mojö Fun.
The problem with painting is that AAA models are supposed to be multifaceted. I mean, they use a bear mould and the species is the color they choose and we all know a polar bear does not have the same shape as a grizzly bear. Whilst their bears are not that good, the reptiles are very faithful to a certain species, thus, when they give to it the colors of a different species, it often ruins the models. Most are even wrongly labeled.
I think the best example in a negative sense, of using the same mold to different species is their African wild dog that is sold sometimes with spotted hyena colors and marketed as a hyena.

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 8:33 pm

Roger wrote:
Roger wrote:
Welcome on forum.
I agree concerning the reptiles, they are much nicer than those released by major brands, I think crocodiles are the exception, AAA don't have a crocodile that rivals the current Mojö Fun.
The problem with painting is that AAA models are supposed to be multifaceted. I mean, they use a bear mould and the species is the color they choose and we all know a polar bear does not have the same shape as a grizzly bear. Whilst their bears are not that good, the reptiles are very faithful to a certain species, thus, when they give to it the colors of a different species, it often ruins the models. Most are even wrongly labeled.
I think the best example in a negative sense, of using the same mold to different species is their African wild dog that is sold sometimes with spotted hyena colors and marketed as a hyena.
Yeah I have seen the AAA crocodiles, I agree that they do suck compared to the other reptiles. And I guess the cheap outs on the moulds is a given, every company tries to find ways around making more than they need to.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 9:09 pm

Your skink is beautiful and you were right to gave it a better life with a good painting. I have als not enough place for that kind of stuff but some are really fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 11:05 pm

Nice lizard.
I look for the AAA Dugong, but can't find it.

The zentaur is nice, but if he has no beard, i could take him as a juvenile.

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 11:37 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Your skink is beautiful and you were right to gave it a better life with a good painting. I have als not enough place for that kind of stuff but some are really fantastic.
Thank you very much! I agree it needed some new paint. If you want something enough it's good to make room for it.
Back to top Go down
ROBINJOSEPHISAAKKENDALL

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 11:39 pm

Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:
Nice lizard.

Thanks. I wonder if any sea life related sites or eBay would have one. I bet you'll only be able to find it online. I wish you luck.
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2021 12:47 am

Very interesting.Applause Applause

Does this figure have the AAA symbol printed on it? Photo please.

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2021 9:03 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Thank you very much! I agree it needed some new paint. If you want something enough it's good to make room for it.

My problem is I have so much things I want enough and not enough place for all of them Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2021 8:23 pm

Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:
Nice lizard.

Thanks. I wonder if any sea life related sites or eBay would have one. I bet you'll only be able to find it online. I wish you luck.

Thank you.
I look at german ebay, but all what i find for AAA are batteries. Suspect

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2021 11:10 pm

landrover wrote:
Very interesting.Applause Applause

Does this figure have the AAA symbol printed on it? Photo please.
Yep, it's got the letters and the logo.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Information about AAA models ?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next