Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

K&M large rubber animal figures

Go down 
+3
Tarunyada
Froggie
SUSANNE
7 posters
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

K&M large rubber animal figures Empty
PostSubject: K&M large rubber animal figures   K&M large rubber animal figures EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 7:57 pm

So after the solid figurines i will start here the rubber K&M figurines. I begin with these Lacertids (both are marked with the same)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by widukind on Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: K&M large rubber animal figures   K&M large rubber animal figures EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 7:59 pm

They are beautyful ! Congratulations cheers

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: K&M large rubber animal figures   K&M large rubber animal figures EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 8:02 pm

here the others

both marked only with dolphin

Bamboo shark marked as shark

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: K&M large rubber animal figures   K&M large rubber animal figures EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 9:51 am

Great, thanks, Andreas Very Happy As I showed you lately, the tiger shark comes from a set with other rubber sharks. It was still in one of the recent catalogues (2012 or 2013). I'll search them again if I can find your other rubber animals as well Wink

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: K&M large rubber animal figures   K&M large rubber animal figures EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 4:48 pm

Tarunyada wrote:
Great, thanks, Andreas Very Happy As I showed you lately, the tiger shark comes from a set with other rubber sharks. It was still in one of the recent catalogues (2012 or 2013). I'll search them again if I can find your other rubber animals as well Wink

Fine, but more interesting for me are not mine figurines but the figurines that i dont have :)

Back to top Go down
Froggie

Froggie

Country/State : Potsdam, Germany

PostSubject: Re: K&M large rubber animal figures   K&M large rubber animal figures EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 10:07 am

here are two more rubbery friends - the scorpion fish is one of my favourites:

no species name on the belly, the scorpion fish only says K&M CHINA (it's hard to read on the picture)
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: K&M large rubber animal figures   K&M large rubber animal figures EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 10:28 am

Nice! Very interesting, thanks for sharing!

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: K&M large rubber animal figures   K&M large rubber animal figures EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 3:55 pm

I'll open a page to these large rubber figures on Toy Animal Wiki. As long as we don't find which specific collections they belong, we will put them together. If anyone have more of these figures, please let us know and if possible, share pictures also to the Wiki! bounce

widukind

PostSubject: Re: K&M large rubber animal figures   K&M large rubber animal figures EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 4:35 pm

Wonderful lion fish!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: K&M large rubber animal figures   K&M large rubber animal figures EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 4:40 pm

widukind wrote:
Wonderful lion fish!

Andreas, as your tiger shark belongs to a different collection according with Julie. Could you please check how it is marked? study Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: K&M large rubber animal figures   K&M large rubber animal figures EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 5:20 pm

Roger wrote:
widukind wrote:
Wonderful lion fish!

Andreas, as your tiger shark belongs to a different collection according with Julie. Could you please check how it is marked? study Very Happy

okay :)

Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: K&M large rubber animal figures   K&M large rubber animal figures EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 5:31 pm

widukind wrote:
here the others

I love this bamboo shark--it's so rare to see smaller and less 'normal' sharks made as figures.
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: K&M large rubber animal figures   K&M large rubber animal figures EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 5:36 pm

sbell wrote:
widukind wrote:
here the others

I love this bamboo shark--it's so rare to see smaller and less 'normal' sharks made as figures.

For me too. So i hope to find some more unusual shark species :)

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: K&M large rubber animal figures   K&M large rubber animal figures EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 5:47 pm

Roger wrote:
widukind wrote:
Wonderful lion fish!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] its a 1993 by the bamboo shark

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: K&M large rubber animal figures   K&M large rubber animal figures EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 6:03 pm

widukind wrote:
Roger wrote:
widukind wrote:
Wonderful lion fish!

its a 1993 by the bamboo shark

Fantastic Andreas, I didnt want to give you all this work, to write is enough, no needing of a picture although it is actually useful! Very Happy
Markings are very important to help us understanding better these collections.
As we see, they're quite differently marked. As far as I see, the small shark is only marked Made in China. The large is marked with brand and year what is already a very good reference. 1993!!! Shocked Please keep your K&M close to you, we are finding a lot of info these days, with lucky, maybe we can find some species missing in your collection too. Thanks! Very Happy

sbell

PostSubject: Re: K&M large rubber animal figures   K&M large rubber animal figures EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 6:22 pm

Roger wrote:
widukind wrote:
Roger wrote:
widukind wrote:
Wonderful lion fish!

Fantastic Andreas, I didnt want to give you all this work, to write is enough, no needing of a picture although it is actually useful! Very Happy
As we see, they're quite differently marked. As far as I see, the small shark is only marked Made in China. The large is marked with brand and year what is already a very good reference. 1993!!! Shocked Please keep your K&M close to you, we are finding a lot of info these days, with lucky, maybe we can find some species missing in your collection too. Thanks! Very Happy

One thing I have noticed--K&M often liked to use the same mold to make 4 different paint schemes of the same figures. Not sure if the bamboo shark would fit into that, but it has the appearance of one that would (I have 3 of the 4 'moray eels' where they did that). Which means that there are potentially more bamboo sharks in different paint schemes out there!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: K&M large rubber animal figures   K&M large rubber animal figures EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 6:26 pm

sbell wrote:
Roger wrote:
widukind wrote:
Roger wrote:
widukind wrote:
Wonderful lion fish!

One thing I have noticed--K&M often liked to use the same mold to make 4 different paint schemes of the same figures. Not sure if the bamboo shark would fit into that, but it has the appearance of one that would (I have 3 of the 4 'moray eels' where they did that). Which means that there are potentially more bamboo sharks in different paint schemes out there!

But not hard to find, more harder to find :)

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: K&M large rubber animal figures   K&M large rubber animal figures EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 1:12 am

sbell wrote:

Interesting, could you please tell us a little more about these eels? Are they also rubbery, large and year marked? Thanks! Very Happy

sbell

PostSubject: Re: K&M large rubber animal figures   K&M large rubber animal figures EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 1:53 am

Roger wrote:
sbell wrote:

Interesting, could you please tell us a little more about these eels? Are they also rubbery, large and year marked? Thanks! Very Happy

I'll have to find them again--they are the rubbery style, about 5" long. The mold is a stunted moray eel; the 4 varieties are green moray (the one I don't have), dragon moray, blue ribbon eel and chain moray.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: K&M large rubber animal figures   K&M large rubber animal figures EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 2:46 am

sbell wrote:
Roger wrote:
sbell wrote:

I'll have to find them again--they are the rubbery style, about 5" long. The mold is a stunted moray eel; the 4 varieties are green moray (the one I don't have), dragon moray, blue ribbon eel and chain moray.

cheers
It is already very useful!!! Very Happy If it is not easy for you to find them to see what is marked, what is provided is already very appreciated. Maybe you're right and these figures belong to old blisters from K&M or so. I'll list them on TAI. Thanks! Very Happy

sbell

PostSubject: Re: K&M large rubber animal figures   K&M large rubber animal figures EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 3:26 am

I found them--all that they say is EEL / China / K&M INT

So they are old enough to be K&M International, but I'm not sure beyond that.

Here are their photos:
Back to top Go down
weaselfan93

weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: K&M large rubber animal figures   K&M large rubber animal figures EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 3:59 am

I have that yellow and black eel but mine is missing much paint Sad

Lance - Safari ltd wildlife collector  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: K&M large rubber animal figures   K&M large rubber animal figures EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 4:14 am

weaselfan93 wrote:
I have that yellow and black eel but mine is missing much paint Sad

Mine are in pretty good shape, although some paint has flaked since the photos were taken--it seems to be a problem with many of the soft K&M figures.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: K&M large rubber animal figures   K&M large rubber animal figures EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 9:13 am

sbell wrote:

Here are their photos:

Very very very interesting!!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: K&M large rubber animal figures   K&M large rubber animal figures EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 11:39 am

sbell wrote:

Here are their photos:

Thanks again for useful information and pictures. They are not year marked like the bamboo shark but they're much probably from similar collections. Still a lot to know about K&M but much more I know, more I like. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: K&M large rubber animal figures   K&M large rubber animal figures Empty

Back to top Go down

K&M large rubber animal figures
Page 1 of 1