Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

K&M large rubber octopus, help identify!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
weaselfan93

weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

K&M large rubber octopus, help identify! Empty
PostSubject: K&M large rubber octopus, help identify!   K&M large rubber octopus, help identify! EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 7:33 pm

I recently purchased a lot on eBay mainly for the PV osprey but there were other treasures as well including the S&N little blue penguin and this large rubbery octopus by K&M. it is rather large and bigger than the safari octopus. I think that it might be an unknown model to this forum since its not on the wiki and I have never seen it anywhere on here. I am unsure of the species but I bet our expert, Andreas could tell us. it is a nice replica similar to the rubbery eels made by K&M in the 90s
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lance - Safari ltd wildlife collector  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: K&M large rubber octopus, help identify!   K&M large rubber octopus, help identify! EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 7:39 pm

Sea life isn't one of my collecting interests, but I actually really like this octopus. Congratulations, Lance! cheers Most large K&M figurines are actually Wild Republic. For I know, all the big K&M/Wild Republic figurines that are actually marked K&M are quite rare. I'm the lucky owner of the K&M adult red wolf (which you can see [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) and there's actually one more bigger K&M figurine on its way to me, but for as far as I know, they're quite rare Wink So this is a nice catch!

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
weaselfan93

weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: K&M Rare large Octopus please help indentify   K&M large rubber octopus, help identify! EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 7:56 pm

thank you Julie, which large K&M figure are you expecting? Very Happy

Lance - Safari ltd wildlife collector  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: K&M large rubber octopus, help identify!   K&M large rubber octopus, help identify! EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 8:03 pm

weaselfan93 wrote:
thank you Julie, which large K&M figure are you expecting? Very Happy

It'll be a canid, but the rest will be a surprise for you guys sunny

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: K&M large rubber octopus, help identify!   K&M large rubber octopus, help identify! EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 5:08 am

Congratulations Lance, a rare catch. I wish we would find informations about the line of large figurines by K&M but i lost my hope. I only know that are phantastic models.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: K&M large rubber octopus, help identify!   K&M large rubber octopus, help identify! EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 8:49 am

What a great catch you got there cheers
Is it solid rubber ?

About species, - isn't it a"Common octopus" ? scratch

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: K&M large rubber octopus, help identify!   K&M large rubber octopus, help identify! EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 11:28 pm

Wild Republic is a brand created by K&M Int. They have currently a diving set with an octopus, though, I don't have any idea if it is the same:
Wild Republic E-Team Blister Octopus
Yours is marked K&M and I don't know if newer sets have them marked like that. Wild Republic/K&M ranges are very extensive, it is not easy to find their catalogues and as their collections cross a lot, it is hard to keep track of them all. However it is, almost surely it is from an action diving set where the octopus is almost always a Giant Pacific octopus. :)

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: K&M large rubber octopus, help identify!   K&M large rubber octopus, help identify! EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 9:01 am

Roger wrote:
Wild Republic is a brand created by K&M Int. They have currently a diving set with an octopus, though, I don't have any idea if it is the same:
Yours is marked K&M and I don't know if newer sets have them marked like that. Wild Republic/K&M ranges are very extensive, it is not easy to find their catalogues and as their collections cross a lot, it is hard to keep track of them all. However it is, almost surely it is from an action diving set where the octopus is almost always a Giant Pacific octopus. :)

I dont think it is the same

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: K&M large rubber octopus, help identify!   K&M large rubber octopus, help identify! EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 12:56 pm

widukind wrote:
Roger wrote:

I dont think it is the same

Much probably not, mainly if the octopus is like the one we see in the blister. Arrakai (Anna from Sweden), also has a large K&M rubbery octopus that you can see [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: K&M large rubber octopus, help identify!   K&M large rubber octopus, help identify! EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 8:39 pm

Well, I think this time I've found it although I'm not 100% sure.
Here is it for sale at The Big Zoo and below a video walk around:

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: K&M large rubber octopus, help identify!   K&M large rubber octopus, help identify! EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 11:38 am

I might have found it in the 2012 Wild Republic catalogue:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

His tentacles look different, but maybe they sold them with other tentacle-poses Wink
Is there anything written underneath the octopus? Most K&M figurines are marked by species and later figurines by year as well.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: K&M large rubber octopus, help identify!   K&M large rubber octopus, help identify! Empty

Back to top Go down

K&M large rubber octopus, help identify!
Page 1 of 1