Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich Octopus - 14768

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ghostme9

ghostme9

Country/State : UK

Schleich Octopus - 14768 Empty
PostSubject: Schleich Octopus - 14768   Schleich Octopus - 14768 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 4:01 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Octopus - 14768   Schleich Octopus - 14768 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 5:50 pm

I nice octopus :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Octopus - 14768   Schleich Octopus - 14768 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 6:57 pm

Ohh, yes ! Very nice indeed cheers

Thankyou for the great pictures Very Happy

ghostme9

ghostme9

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Octopus - 14768   Schleich Octopus - 14768 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 8:08 pm

Just thought I should've done a compare between old and new. When I get a moment I'll dig it out. I'm actually really impressed with this model. I think the tentacles are well place and I like the detailing. I'm pretty certain its a Giant Pacific Octopus (Enteroctopus dofleini) - which is the same as the previous model - 16085 (http://www.schleich-s.com/en/US/consumer-service/collectors-items/2011/wild_life/giant_octopus/).

Some fact I did not realise is this "The ink is toxic to an octopus in a confined space such as in a cave with little current flow or in captivity. If the octopus cannot escape the ink (or water is not changed quickly when held in an aquarium), the octopus will become ill or perhaps die." Maybe this is another reason they ask you not to tap on the glass or use flash photography!

The question is - now I have the orange - do I bother with the purple octopus in the divers set?!

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Octopus - 14768   Schleich Octopus - 14768 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 10:22 pm

Schleich claims it is a Octopus vulgaris, thus, a common octopus.
I am not sure I am able of identifying both species neither I know that Schleich is correct about it.
The old version was traditionally assumed as a Giant Pacific octopus indeed. I'd love to see that picture showing both. :)
As they can change color, the purple is maybe just a color variation of the same species, however, I am sure that if you get the purple one, you'll win a treasure. Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Octopus - 14768   Schleich Octopus - 14768 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 4:28 pm

Nice animal and a big improvement for the brand... Better colors, tentacles and shape... Applause I wasn't a big fan of the older one. Wink

It seems Schleich reproduced the same mistake than Papo excellent model (too)and Carnegie excellent octopus (also) : Two siphons... Or maybe even zero, I cant say scratch
Back to top Go down
ghostme9

ghostme9

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Octopus - 14768   Schleich Octopus - 14768 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 9:50 pm

Hahaha yes Roger - I'm sure I will win some treasure :-) Christophe - I agree - big improvement - I think its my favourite model this year (so far).... although there is the flamingo .... hahahah

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Octopus - 14768   Schleich Octopus - 14768 Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich Octopus - 14768
Page 1 of 1