Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CollectA 2015 tube dinosaurs--real pictures!

Go down 
+7
Saarlooswolfhound
Tarunyada
widukind
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
Takama
sbell
11 posters
AuthorMessage
sbell

sbell

Country/State : Canada

CollectA 2015 tube dinosaurs--real pictures! Empty
PostSubject: CollectA 2015 tube dinosaurs--real pictures!   CollectA 2015 tube dinosaurs--real pictures! EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 5:49 am

Thanks to the generosity of CollectA (who I'v ebeen promoting in whatever way I could since their second figure release), I received a FedEx parcel today containing the two upcoming mini dinosaur sets!

I am very pleased with them--they range from very small to Safari-toob-size, and with one noteable exception, are all based on existing figures. It is a mix of mini Deluxe Figures and Standard Figures.

I really hope CollectA makes everything in tube-size, and then starts making smaller critters (yes, like fish, but also inverts, small mammals, reptiles, etc) in the same set--the tubes themselves are great, like a long, skinny tackle box. The figures are even separated by thin acetate packaging that means every figure is visible, and cannot shake around and get damaged or warped.  As for as presentation goes, these are second in production value only to the Colorata Lunch Box. Of course, those retail for $30-$50, and while I don't know what the tube retail will be, it can't possibly be that much (I do, however, intend to bring them into my store!--later this Fall! I hope!). And, if pricing is right (looking at you, overpriced Papo), if the line expands and Safari continues to be less than exciting in the next few years, CollectA could really become a major player in the 3" figure realm!

So far I only have some group shots--my son almost immediately took them to set up a small zoo or army scene or something. Really, he pretty much beat me to it...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Unless I missed something, the Apatosaurus in this set is the only one made by CollectA.

Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2015 tube dinosaurs--real pictures!   CollectA 2015 tube dinosaurs--real pictures! EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 8:06 am

Great photos, I hope they can make more Tubes with Dinosaurs. (Smaller Models means, less space to take up in the house)

I might get these

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2015 tube dinosaurs--real pictures!   CollectA 2015 tube dinosaurs--real pictures! EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 8:51 am

Nice sets, I think you are right about the apatosaurus. maybe we will see one bigger in 2016.
I also think you are right about Papo tube price Shocked What a Face
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2015 tube dinosaurs--real pictures!   CollectA 2015 tube dinosaurs--real pictures! EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 9:19 am

WOW ! Lucky you !!!! cheers

They are marvellous Applause I never saw them comming, - perhaps they will be available to us all next year ? Or can you already get them this year ? bounce

Ohh, the joy it must be to have your own shop drunken

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2015 tube dinosaurs--real pictures!   CollectA 2015 tube dinosaurs--real pictures! EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 11:29 am

Beautieful figurines!! Congratulations :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2015 tube dinosaurs--real pictures!   CollectA 2015 tube dinosaurs--real pictures! EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 4:40 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
WOW ! Lucky you !!!! cheers

They are marvellous Applause I never saw them comming, - perhaps they will be available to us all next year ? Or can you already get them this year ? bounce

Ohh, the joy it must be to have your own shop drunken

It was an early gift form CollectA, but they are supposed to be out this Fall--I'm expecting them in October here in Canada (so, November!), along with the new Spinosaurus and some other late releases

Kikimalou wrote:
Nice sets, I think you are right about the apatosaurus. maybe we will see one bigger in 2016.
I also think you are right about Papo tube price Shocked What a Face

I'm glad I'm not th eonly one that thinks so--I'm personally not a fan of most Papo dinos (I don't mind some of the non-dinos) but here, teh tube is sold for $30! You can get a lot of good figures for that.
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2015 tube dinosaurs--real pictures!   CollectA 2015 tube dinosaurs--real pictures! EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 8:07 pm

Nice figurines, thanks for sharing, Sean Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2015 tube dinosaurs--real pictures!   CollectA 2015 tube dinosaurs--real pictures! EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 2:58 am

Wow, how cool! My favorite is the liopleurodon. Exciting news to see! Very Happy

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Comparison photos of the CollectA tube figures Set 1   CollectA 2015 tube dinosaurs--real pictures! EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 3:35 am

Thanks all--it's pretty exciting, I personally am a big fan of tube-size models (when you display thousands of them, it helps if most are small!).

And now, as promised, pictures of each figure with its full-size CollectA companion (if I have it--many are based on deluxe figures and I don't have many of those). I almost always had at least one CollectA figure of the same animal to compare. And in doing so, discovered that there are TWO unique figures in the set. I also learned that many are slightly different in pose from the original models, being turned in different directions or changed completely!

Enjoy.

I'll start with just Tube 1. Tube 2 will up soon after!

Baryonyx (based on the Deluxe, I only have the standard)

Mosasaurus (based on last year's standard figure--a personal favorite, and a good year for mosasaurs with flukes, including the new Kaiyodo and the Jurassic World mini figures):

Diplodocus (again, based on last year's model, although similar to the new Daxiatitan):

Kentrosaurus (compared with the standard model):

Parasaurolophus (based loosely on the Deluxe figure, which I don't have, so it is compared to the newer standard model):

Pachycephalosaurus (compared to the Standard model)

Pteranodon (again, based on the deluxe, and I don't have it--so it is compared to the standard collection model)
(it doesn't show up well, but the tube figure has translucent wings!)

Stegosaurus (probably based on the deluxe, again, don't have it--but I do have the original standard):

Triceratops (I think the pose is based on the Deluxe model, which I actually have, but I included the standard as well)

Tyrannosaurus (based on this year's Feathered Adult, which I don't have yet. So I compared it to the more recent standard T.rex with prey, and the newer juvennile with a similar colour pattern)
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2015 tube dinosaurs--real pictures!   CollectA 2015 tube dinosaurs--real pictures! EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 3:50 am

Thank you for taking the time to show us. They look pretty nice.

sbell

PostSubject: Comparison photos of the CollectA tube figures Set 2   CollectA 2015 tube dinosaurs--real pictures! EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 3:58 am

And here is Set 2, with the 2 new unique species. I already pointed out the Apatosaurus; I had missed that the Giganotosaurus is also unique to the tubes (for now, I'm guessing).

As before, I compared with what I could; if not the deluxe, I usually have the standard models; with the 2 unique figures I used their closest fits.

Tube 2:

Amargasaurus (based on the Deluxe, don't have it, so compared to the standard model)

Ankylosaurus (based on the deluxe, which I don't have, so I used the standard model)

Apatosaurus (the closest comparison might be the newer Safari Apatosaurus, but I'm using the CollectA models, so I used the Alamosaurus--it's broadly similar in design)

Brachiosaurus (appears based on the standard model, although the deluxe is pretty similar anyway)

Giganotosaurus (the other unique one--although I'll admit I originally thought it was based on the deluxe figure of the closely related Carcharodontosaurus. I also included the other big relative, the standard Mapusaurus)

Liopleurodon (could only be based on the standard model. The odd thing is how small it is, given how big the Mosasaurus figure is)

Quetzalcoatlus (based on the two azdharchids from CollectA--it is sculpted and coloured like the Standard Quetzalcoatlus, but lacks the prey-in-mouth like the Hatzegopteryx, so I included both).

Spinosaurus (based on the forthcoming modern-reconstruction walking pose figure. Obviously I don't have one yet, so it is compared to the first standard-model attempt by CollectA, in both colours. This original is not a good figure).
I am really looking forward to the larger versions of this figure!

Torosaurus (with the Standard figure)

Velociraptor (based on the Deluxe version, which I don't have. I also don't have the standard model. So it is compared to the standard Utahraptor, which is similar)

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2015 tube dinosaurs--real pictures!   CollectA 2015 tube dinosaurs--real pictures! EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 4:14 am

Again, thanks sbell!

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2015 tube dinosaurs--real pictures!   CollectA 2015 tube dinosaurs--real pictures! EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 9:12 am

Thankyou very much for the great comparative pictures cheers

Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2015 tube dinosaurs--real pictures!   CollectA 2015 tube dinosaurs--real pictures! EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 11:10 am

Thanks for sharing all these comparison pictures, Sean Very Happy I especially like the Mosasaurus and the Liopleurodon. I'm not a dinosaur collector, but maybe I'll put them on my wishlist. Lovely figurines! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2015 tube dinosaurs--real pictures!   CollectA 2015 tube dinosaurs--real pictures! EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 3:45 am

Wow! Congrats Sean. Thanks for the photos.

Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2015 tube dinosaurs--real pictures!   CollectA 2015 tube dinosaurs--real pictures! EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 4:50 pm

They look really nice! Very Happy I hope that they also can make this with some farm and wild animals, would be great to have a chicken that isn't that big as a cow. Very Happy

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2015 tube dinosaurs--real pictures!   CollectA 2015 tube dinosaurs--real pictures! EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 5:04 pm

[quote="arafan"...........would be great to have a chicken that isn't that big as a cow. Very Happy [/quote]

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2015 tube dinosaurs--real pictures!   CollectA 2015 tube dinosaurs--real pictures! Empty

Back to top Go down

CollectA 2015 tube dinosaurs--real pictures!
Page 1 of 1