Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Walkaround - Nature Technicolour Clear Rivers in Japan No. 04 Yamame/Seema/Cherry (Masu) Trout (Oncorhynchus masou masou) and No. 05 Amago/Red-spotted Masu Trout (Oncorhynchus masou ishikawae)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
d_golem

Country/State : Indonesia

Walkaround - Nature Technicolour Clear Rivers in Japan No. 04 Yamame/Seema/Cherry (Masu) Trout (Oncorhynchus masou masou) and No. 05 Amago/Red-spotted Masu Trout (Oncorhynchus masou ishikawae) Empty
PostSubject: Walkaround - Nature Technicolour Clear Rivers in Japan No. 04 Yamame/Seema/Cherry (Masu) Trout (Oncorhynchus masou masou) and No. 05 Amago/Red-spotted Masu Trout (Oncorhynchus masou ishikawae)   Walkaround - Nature Technicolour Clear Rivers in Japan No. 04 Yamame/Seema/Cherry (Masu) Trout (Oncorhynchus masou masou) and No. 05 Amago/Red-spotted Masu Trout (Oncorhynchus masou ishikawae) EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 9:00 pm

This time I am putting the fourth (Yamame) and fifth (Amago) models of the set together, purely because they are sculpted identically. The difference is obviously the paint job and this way we can compare between the two in one go. On the left with the red spots is Amago and on the right is Yamame. Close ups are of Amago.

Both popular fly fishing target, the Yamame and Amago are basically two of many forms of the Masu trout. The main difference is that Amago lives an anadromous life and the Yamame is land-locked and generally more widespread. The other forms are the endemic to Japan's largest lake, Lake Biwa, called the Biwamasu, another form is the silvery Iwame, and last is the critically-endangered Formosan land-locked masu salmon, which according to studies only 400 of them left in the wild, making them one of the rarest fish in the world.

Sitting on a faux wooden base, the models are propped up to their positions by meticulously arranged "stand" of pebbles and submerged tree branch. The textures of the sculptures are meticulously made to imitate the fine scales of the actual fish, which really adds to the sense of realism and I must say that the eyes do look eerily real indeed. Both are made at 1:5 to 1:6 scale, measuring at around 7 cm long. As mentioned before, the main difference between the two is the additional smattering of red spots on the Amago model, everything else being virtually identical. This in my opinion, as finely-made as the models are, is a bit lazy from Kitan and an obvious strategy to squeeze that bit more of the collector's hard-earned cash in its quest to complete the set (suckers like me, for example  tongue ). I would also mention that the Yamame model was found with a broken left pectoral fin towards the body of the fish, however a carefully applied bit super glue later it looked as good as new Very Happy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

sbell

Country/State : Canada

Walkaround - Nature Technicolour Clear Rivers in Japan No. 04 Yamame/Seema/Cherry (Masu) Trout (Oncorhynchus masou masou) and No. 05 Amago/Red-spotted Masu Trout (Oncorhynchus masou ishikawae) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walkaround - Nature Technicolour Clear Rivers in Japan No. 04 Yamame/Seema/Cherry (Masu) Trout (Oncorhynchus masou masou) and No. 05 Amago/Red-spotted Masu Trout (Oncorhynchus masou ishikawae)   Walkaround - Nature Technicolour Clear Rivers in Japan No. 04 Yamame/Seema/Cherry (Masu) Trout (Oncorhynchus masou masou) and No. 05 Amago/Red-spotted Masu Trout (Oncorhynchus masou ishikawae) EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 9:47 pm

Very cool--I don't have any of the Kitan fishes, oddly--I think that the main reason is that I have the Yujin versions, for the most part, and don't have the space. Plus, yeah, not a fan of repaints as re-releases.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround - Nature Technicolour Clear Rivers in Japan No. 04 Yamame/Seema/Cherry (Masu) Trout (Oncorhynchus masou masou) and No. 05 Amago/Red-spotted Masu Trout (Oncorhynchus masou ishikawae)   Walkaround - Nature Technicolour Clear Rivers in Japan No. 04 Yamame/Seema/Cherry (Masu) Trout (Oncorhynchus masou masou) and No. 05 Amago/Red-spotted Masu Trout (Oncorhynchus masou ishikawae) EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 9:55 pm

These bases give a kind of premium looking to these figures. They're very beautiful and obviously it was better if they were not using the same mold. Thanks for your great presentation. Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround - Nature Technicolour Clear Rivers in Japan No. 04 Yamame/Seema/Cherry (Masu) Trout (Oncorhynchus masou masou) and No. 05 Amago/Red-spotted Masu Trout (Oncorhynchus masou ishikawae)   Walkaround - Nature Technicolour Clear Rivers in Japan No. 04 Yamame/Seema/Cherry (Masu) Trout (Oncorhynchus masou masou) and No. 05 Amago/Red-spotted Masu Trout (Oncorhynchus masou ishikawae) EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 9:27 am

Very nice too :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround - Nature Technicolour Clear Rivers in Japan No. 04 Yamame/Seema/Cherry (Masu) Trout (Oncorhynchus masou masou) and No. 05 Amago/Red-spotted Masu Trout (Oncorhynchus masou ishikawae)   Walkaround - Nature Technicolour Clear Rivers in Japan No. 04 Yamame/Seema/Cherry (Masu) Trout (Oncorhynchus masou masou) and No. 05 Amago/Red-spotted Masu Trout (Oncorhynchus masou ishikawae) Empty

Back to top Go down

Walkaround - Nature Technicolour Clear Rivers in Japan No. 04 Yamame/Seema/Cherry (Masu) Trout (Oncorhynchus masou masou) and No. 05 Amago/Red-spotted Masu Trout (Oncorhynchus masou ishikawae)
Page 1 of 1