Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pip's Artsy Adventures

Go down 
+8
Tarunyada
Roger
SUSANNE
LeeAnn
NightLioness
Ana
Wilorvise
trovalsa
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
trovalsa

trovalsa

Country/State : from Portugal to England

Pip's Artsy Adventures Empty
PostSubject: Pip's Artsy Adventures   Pip's Artsy Adventures EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 4:08 pm

Since I don't have any models here, I thought I'd start off by showing you some of my attempts at arting Razz These particular pieces were made this week, to sell on a school fair we had on Thursday and Friday. Sadly, only two of them sold, (not pictured, because I didn't have the chance to scan them until today! Sad ) because people apparently found them to be too expensive, despite the fact I did my best to make them cheap! It hurts a bit, to be honest, to hear people go "oh, these are lovely, but too expensive!" to something that took me years to learn and hours to make! Rolling Eyes

Now I have all these ponies piled on top of my scanner and no idea what to do with them Laughing The scans are a bit too sharp, to show the detail, they're softer in real life! They have a low resolution, too, because my internet is very slow here, and if I uploaded them with a high resolution, they would be loading for two days. Laughing

So, here you go! If you would like one of these, shoot me a message, they are for sale since I really have nowhere to put them!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .: Tomás :.

Last edited by trovalsa on Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://blue-skystudios.blogspot.pt
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Pip's Artsy Adventures   Pip's Artsy Adventures EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 4:18 pm

Those are fabulous. You obviously love your subject matter very much and enjoy accuracy.

Last edited by Wilorvise on Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Original contained half joke that was only funny on sleep deprivation.)
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Pip's Artsy Adventures   Pip's Artsy Adventures EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 6:03 pm

Very nice works! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Pip's Artsy Adventures   Pip's Artsy Adventures EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 6:12 pm

Indeed, very nice works.
And btw, many people don't see the hard work, the hours spend on it, the trouble, the love for art, etc. Most of them only see 'a drawing'. So don't be sad, don't be discouraged, it is all a learning proses. Wink

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Pip's Artsy Adventures   Pip's Artsy Adventures EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 6:21 pm

They are incredible!!

Love the drafter I love you

Don't let it get to you - you will always have people complaining that your work is too expensive. Wink

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Pip's Artsy Adventures   Pip's Artsy Adventures EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 6:31 pm

They are BEAUTYFUL cheers

Perfect composition, lots of action, - and the detail !!! Very few could make something as flaring nostrils, the hindleg kicking a little to the side in the second picture, the way they seem to move, and much more Applause

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Pip's Artsy Adventures   Pip's Artsy Adventures EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 11:29 pm

They're perfect! cheers You'r a true Artist! Very Happy

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Pip's Artsy Adventures   Pip's Artsy Adventures EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 11:36 pm

Pip, they are beautiful. I understand that you're saddened by people who say these things, but art is just a very hard job. But don't loose trust, because there will be enough people who think your work is worth it Wink Did you try deviantART to sell your work?

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Pip's Artsy Adventures   Pip's Artsy Adventures EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 11:47 pm

I like the second one the best!
As for selling your art, apart from Deviantart, you can also try Etsy if you want - it's directed to people who appreciate handmade things :)

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
trovalsa

trovalsa

PostSubject: Re: Pip's Artsy Adventures   Pip's Artsy Adventures EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 1:45 am

Thank you all so much for your kind words!! I love you I love you They mean a lot to me. :)

Tarunyada & Mangalarga, I have a dA account and have tried to sell my commissions there, but sadly the market is saturated with underpriced art so I haven't managed to sell any proper ones yet - only small pixel art. I'll have a look at Etsy, though, that's a very good idea! I've bought things there but never thought of selling. Very Happy Thank you!

Here are a few more works - these done in June, for an exhibit at my professor's Equestrian Centre. They haven't been exhibited yet, though, I need to pester him about it! Razz

And also, not equine art, but a portrait of my friend's cat, a birthday gift. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Pip's Artsy Adventures   Pip's Artsy Adventures EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 3:06 am

Great work Pip Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: Pip's Artsy Adventures   Pip's Artsy Adventures EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 10:16 am

That cat o.0 Omgoodness that cat! Sorry, more of a cat loves than horses XD Wink Very Happy <3

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Pip's Artsy Adventures   Pip's Artsy Adventures EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 12:40 pm

Your works show all the nobleness of these creatures and I like it very much. Very Happy
What's the name of this beautiful cat? cat

trovalsa

PostSubject: Re: Pip's Artsy Adventures   Pip's Artsy Adventures EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 2:56 pm

Thank you so much, again!!

Roger, he's called Finnigan! He belongs to a friend in the U.S. Very Happy

I had some time to draw before class today - I wonder if Karin can recognise this cat... Razz

Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: Pip's Artsy Adventures   Pip's Artsy Adventures EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 3:09 pm

trovalsa wrote:

I had some time to draw before class today - I wonder if Karin can recognise this cat... Razz

Omg! That my Abu! o.0 drunken cheers I love you
How, how did you, I'm absolutely speechless!

When I scrolled down this page I was like: Wait... that cat! XD
And then I saw your description Very Happy
Thank you, what a surprise bounce I love you

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Pip's Artsy Adventures   Pip's Artsy Adventures EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 5:18 pm

Very nice drawings Pip :))

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Pip's Artsy Adventures   Pip's Artsy Adventures EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 6:29 pm

WOW! They keep getting better and better!!

trovalsa

PostSubject: Re: Pip's Artsy Adventures   Pip's Artsy Adventures EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 6:56 pm

Karin, you liked my drawing of Finn so much that I decided to check if you had any cats yourself; I found the thread with your kitties and, since I had the time to do a quick drawing before class, well... One thing led to another. Wink I'm very glad you like it!!

Thank you everyone! cheers I'll have to take a bit of a break now as exams are drawing near, but I might post some older pieces every now and then.

Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Pip's Artsy Adventures   Pip's Artsy Adventures EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 7:00 pm

Great art

NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: Pip's Artsy Adventures   Pip's Artsy Adventures EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 7:08 pm

trovalsa wrote:
Karin, you liked my drawing of Finn so much that I decided to check if you had any cats yourself; I found the thread with your kitties and, since I had the time to do a quick drawing before class, well... One thing led to another. Wink I'm very glad you like it!!

Thank you everyone! cheers I'll have to take a bit of a break now as exams are drawing near, but I might post some older pieces every now and then.

Thank you so much, again. I love you Hehehe, glad you found the topic Very Happy
I love it, Abu is our youngest cat and he is such a sweet little boy <3

Success with the exams! bounce study study cheers

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Pip's Artsy Adventures   Pip's Artsy Adventures EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 1:39 am

trovalsa wrote:

Thanks for telling the name of the cat of your friend! Very Happy
It seems Karin already recognized it. Laughing That's wonderful from you. Very Happy

trovalsa

PostSubject: Re: Pip's Artsy Adventures   Pip's Artsy Adventures EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 1:58 pm

Thank you everyone!

I love doing gifts, they're a nice way to relax, and most of my personal pieces end up stacked on my shelves with no use whatsoever so I find it's nicer to give finished art to people who will appreciate it. Razz

I thought I wouldn't be drawing for a bit (not only do I have to study, but when I fell last week I hurt my wrist and after a while drawing gets painful) but on Monday my friend asked if I could do an illustration for a trans-zine he is publishing. A zine is a small, self-published sort of magazine with texts, drawings, and whatever else the person wants to put there. In this case, it is a zine geared towards transgender people, mostly featuring Sylvia Rivera, who was a transgender activist who is mostly known for participating in the Stonewall riots - the very start of the LGBT rights movement. Wink - but also had an important role in LGBT activism.

I didn't know what to do for a long while, and was a bit under pressure as he said he needed it by Wednesday! I usually wouldn't do something like this, especially because I was so busy, but he is a great friend and was far more stressed about it than I was. Razz In the end, I went with a simple portrait of Sylvia, as well as a quote by her. I'm very pleased with it - and my friend said it was perfect, so, all is well. Very Happy It was worth the time - and the wrist pain!

I also changed the thread title - this is moving a bit away from equine art, lol.

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Pip's Artsy Adventures   Pip's Artsy Adventures EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 3:03 pm

Great work Very Happy

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Pip's Artsy Adventures   Pip's Artsy Adventures EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 5:00 pm

Oh wonderful work again, Pip! cheers I really like your non-horse art as well. Cute kitties :3

I really hope you can sell some work on Etsy Wink

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
trovalsa

trovalsa

PostSubject: Re: Pip's Artsy Adventures   Pip's Artsy Adventures EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 5:34 pm

Thank you!! cheers

I'm waiting to end my exams and go home, to get packing materials before I put them up for sale on Etsy; it would be a shame if I got an order and then couldn't send it out because I didn't have envelopes! Laughing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pip's Artsy Adventures   Pip's Artsy Adventures Empty

Back to top Go down

Pip's Artsy Adventures
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next