Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou

Go down 
+8
d_golem
widukind
A.R.Garcia
donny ong
Roger
lucky luke
costicuba
Bloodrayne
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou   CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyMon 19 Oct 2015, 13:17

Only discovered in 2003, the Okarito kiwi has a critical conservation status mainly because of Stoats predation.
The South Okarito Forest was designated a kiwi sanctuary and the West Coast Wildlife Centre operates a conservation programme by removing eggs at risk of predation and hatching the chicks in a predator free environnement. When the Kiwis are old enough they are returned to the wild.

Kiwis are also rare citizens in the Toys realm. The oldest I know is the Starlux one made in 1973. Furuta introduced one in 2003. Of course, S&N and SSS, as Australian and New-Zealand companies produced their own kiwis.

The CollectA 88731 Kiwi is very welcome because it is sold as the first Okarito kiwi figurine. The main reason I want to share some pics with isn’t the specific species, it is the natural beauty of this model. Indeed I think it is one of the true CollectA gems for 2015.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

With the S&N, Starlux, Faklastonol, Furuta and SSS kiwis

Last edited by Kikimalou on Tue 22 Aug 2017, 08:22; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou   CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyMon 19 Oct 2015, 13:17

With my Kiwi tribe S&N; CollectA, Starlux, Faklastonol, Furuta and SSS

With Playmo Bill
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou   CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyMon 19 Oct 2015, 13:51

What a wonderful figure.
I enjoy the feet. The typical catwalk stride and they look so delicate compared to the S&N one.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou   CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyMon 19 Oct 2015, 13:56

I agree 100% with you Simone. Very Happy

It is an unexpected love at first sight. I love you
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou   CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyMon 19 Oct 2015, 14:14

Bloodrayne wrote:
The typical catwalk stride and they look so delicate compared to the S&N one.

Exactly !!! And the way he twists his head a little to look down, - it is a truely delightful model cheers

WOW Christophe, I am so happy that you made this walkaround.Very Happy Very Happy  It takes an expert like you to show the charm and delicate colours Applause Applause Very Happy

I think this one may get my vote for the best extant model in 2015 Wink

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou   CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyMon 19 Oct 2015, 14:26

I think the same Susanne... About my vote of course Laughing

Thank you for your kind words cheers
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou   CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyMon 19 Oct 2015, 14:59

Thank you for this beautiful walkaround Kiki.
This model is realy great.
The posture is realy realistic and details- perfect.
Like you said : the natural beauty of this model :)
I also have this model in my hands, becouse of Susanne sunny and I love it. :)
You have wonderfull collection of Kiwi models :)

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou   CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyMon 19 Oct 2015, 15:42

costicuba wrote:
Thank you for this beautiful walkaround Kiki.
This model is realy great.
The posture is realy realistic and details- perfect.
Like you said : the natural beauty of this model :)
I also have this model in my hands, becouse of Susanne sunny and I love it. :)
You have wonderfull collection of Kiwi models :)

cheers Applause Cool sunny
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou   CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyMon 19 Oct 2015, 16:00

I also agree with everything and I am very happy you made a walk around of this figure. It is incredibly realistic and perfect. I am also considering in voting in this kiwi though I need to study better my choices. It is for sure one of the best figures for 2015 and surely the best kiwi of ever. The S&N, is almost a ball with legs and bill although I still love a lot to have it.
Wonderful pictures and fantastic collection of kiwis! cheers
What is Faklastonol, ? scratch scratch

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou   CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyMon 19 Oct 2015, 16:07

Thank you Kosta, Jean-Luc and Rogério  cheers

Faklastonol is a brand known as Fake Elastolin or Lineol. Laughing

A guy in the 2000's produced a few animals in old composition style and sold them for a nice price on eBay.de. I have a cobra, a platypus, a scarlet ibis, a Crowned crane, a koala and this kiwi. They beautified my Composition shelves.

The main problem is that I discovered some on eBay this year who where sold with outrageous prices without saying what they really are. What a Face  So Faklastonol is a good name for them now Wink
Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou   CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyTue 20 Oct 2015, 00:48

Wonderful figurine and wonderful walkaround. I have this kiwi and I love it. Watching your walkarounds is always very pleasant. Thanks.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou   CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyTue 20 Oct 2015, 07:29

Thank you very much Donny Very Happy
Back to top Go down
A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou   CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptySun 25 Oct 2015, 19:12

Thanks for the walkaround. This is a big surprise. I thought the official pic was nice, but not a "must-have" for me. But your pictures reveal the great subtlety in its sculpture and pose... and the size...no bigger than the S&N kiwi! drunken It's on the list now.

The second picture could be mistaken for a little moa. Cool

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou   CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptySun 25 Oct 2015, 19:18

A.R.Garcia wrote:
Thanks for the walkaround. This is a big surprise. I thought the official pic was nice, but not a "must-have" for me. But your pictures reveal the great subtlety in its sculpture and pose... and the size...no bigger than the S&N kiwi! drunken It's on the list now.

My pleasure cheers I like so much this little Kiwi that I want to spread the disease on STS Laughing

I agree for the moa Wink
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou   CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptySun 25 Oct 2015, 20:44

A.R.Garcia wrote:

Didn't moas have short beak ? scratch

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou   CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyMon 26 Oct 2015, 08:06

I like all of the kiwi family :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
d_golem

Country/State : Indonesia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou   CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptySun 01 Nov 2015, 13:58

I had the pleasure of being literally 1 metre away from a real Kiwi a few years ago in the north island of NZ. It was a magical experience and this model captured the spirit very well.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou   CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptySun 01 Nov 2015, 16:38

d_golem wrote:
I had the pleasure of being literally 1 metre away from a real Kiwi a few years ago in the north island of NZ. It was a magical experience and this model captured the spirit very well.

What a fantastic experience cheers
Great to hear that the model is so life like Very Happy

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou   CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptySun 01 Nov 2015, 18:29

SUSANNE wrote:
d_golem wrote:

What a fantastic experience cheers
Great to hear that the model is so life like Very Happy

It must be something really amazing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MARTINLATIN

MARTINLATIN

Country/State : CALIFORNIA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou   CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyWed 04 Nov 2015, 05:52

Love THAT one
I have that TOO
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou   CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyWed 04 Nov 2015, 06:19

Great choice Martin Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JamesPanda

JamesPanda

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou   CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyMon 29 Feb 2016, 11:24

the Kiwi is home finally !!... and ... its even more magnificent in hand Very Happy cheers

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou   CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyMon 29 Feb 2016, 12:40

JamesPanda wrote:
the Kiwi is home finally !!... and ... its even more magnificent in hand Very Happy cheers

Yes ! I agree , so much ! It is one of the few models that will never have to leave the VIP-row at the frontline of the top of my piano Laughing

JamesPanda

JamesPanda

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou   CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyMon 29 Feb 2016, 12:59

SUSANNE wrote:
JamesPanda wrote:

Yes ! I agree , so much ! It is one of the few models that will never have to leave the VIP-row at the frontline of the top of my piano Laughing

Yes Susanne !!!  I took my time in getting it as I had to get so many older figures that are getting retired ..He arrived on a nice Leap year Day cheers , and traveled from Germany to India with the papo Hippo calf and Bullyland Shepard and Ms Inuit with Baby giving it company Very Happy .. those Bully figures are Gems too !

While you play the Piano perfect spot to gaze on lil Kiwi and let the lil fellow inspire some more melodies into the key plays I love you Cheers to the lil sparking Gem Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou   CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyMon 29 Feb 2016, 14:47

JamesPanda wrote:

Yes Susanne !!!  I took my time in getting it as I had to get so many older figures that are getting retired ..He arrived on a nice Leap year Day cheers , and traveled from Germany to India with the papo Hippo calf and Bullyland Shepard and Ms Inuit with Baby giving it company Very Happy .. those Bully figures are Gems too !

What a wonderful parcel you got there ! I adore those Bullyland people too !  cheers

JamesPanda wrote:

While you play the Piano perfect spot to gaze on lil Kiwi and let the lil fellow inspire some more melodies into the key plays I love you Cheers to the lil sparking Gem Very Happy

Exactly  Very Happy Laughing

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou   CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

CollectA 88731 Kiwi: A walkaround by kikimalou
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next