Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou

Go down 
+13
Roger
Douglas Mortimer
Chris Sweetman
Numa
lucky luke
pouchedrat
landrover
SUSANNE
Sumo
arafan
Duck-Anch-Amun
widukind
Kikimalou
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou   The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 5:20 pm

For the first time, a company made a Saola toy replica. It is already something to notice and we can say it is not the only one, COLLECTA made also an excellent model, better than the official pics. Maybe you remember Numaan told us this antelope would be improved. IMHO it is  Cool

And now a bit of context (thanks Wiki Wink) and a few pics...

The saola (Pseudoryx nghetinhensis), one of the world's rarest mammals, is a forest-dwelling bovine found only in the Annamite Range's moist forests and the Eastern Indochina dry and monsoon forests. They have been spotted in steep river valleys at about 300 to 1800 m above sea level. These regions are distant from human settlements, covered primarily in evergreen or mixed evergreen and deciduous woodlands. The species seems to prefer edge zones of the forests.
The saola belongs to the family Bovidae and genetic analysis places it in the tribe Bovini; in other words its closest relatives are cattle, true buffaloes, and bison. Saola are antelopes, in the sense that an antelope is any bovid that is not a cow, sheep, buffalo, bison, or goat.
The saola stands about 85 cm at the shoulder and weighs approximately 90 kg. The coat is a dark brown with a black stripe along the back. Its legs are darkish and there are white patches on the feet, and white stripes vertically across the cheeks, on the eyebrows and splotches on the nose and chin. All saolas have slightly backward-curved horns, which grow to half a meter in length. The skin is 1-2 mm thick over most of the body, but the skin thickens once you get the nape of the neck, and the upper shoulders and it goes to 5mm in thickness, this a very unique adaptation that they have for protection of predators and the rivals horn during a fight.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Kikimalou on Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou   The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 5:30 pm

Your wonderful pics dont change my mind sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny

I muuuuuuuussssssssssssssssssssssstttttttttttttttttttttt have the saola bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou   The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 5:33 pm

Such a lovely figure and such a incredible rare animal :O Hope that it will be available soon here in Germany or in the internet Very Happy
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou   The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 5:43 pm

Great a much better thhat all the other pictures that I have seen bevore Very Happy
Congratukations cheers

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou   The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 6:27 pm

Gorgeous model! I'm so psyched we finally have a model of this rare creature. cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou   The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 6:47 pm

WONDERFUL model and gorgeous pictures cheers

My model is quite some more dark, but even if yours is also darker, it does not matter,
because we see so much detail that are almost invisible on the real model, this is a fantastic walk-around Sad(o)): Sad(o)):

Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:
Such a lovely figure and such a incredible rare animal :O Hope that it will be available soon here in Germany or in the internet Very Happy

MPV had them, but it seems they were sold out almost immediately Shocked

landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou   The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 6:48 pm

Congratulations, cheers cheers

Figures how this,make Collecta how great brand.

Very nice photos ¡¡¡

pouchedrat

pouchedrat

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou   The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 9:51 pm

CollectA's Saola is a breathtaking replica and the Walkaround photos are superb. I can't wait to have this rare little creature in my collection. Thank you for sharing !
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou   The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 9:53 pm

Wonderful photographs of this Saola! cheers Sad(o)):
Christophe thank you! monkey sunny
An unmistakable animal for any self-respecting collector!
Thank you Collecta exellant Choice! :drunken I love you Cool Wink
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou   The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 12:02 am

Hi folks, glad you like the model. It really needed to be improved after the original prototype was made. However I have tried to have the face markings improved but unfortunately for a mass produced factory model this has proved to be really quite difficult. You see the face has some intricate white patches and markings which was difficult for CollectA to master on a mass scale so I hope you all like it as it is.

Anyway I love this model and have always wanted a brand to produce one for us so I am glad we finally got one. Now if only someone could make us a blue buck! ........that would be another dream... Very Happy

Thanks for the photos Christophe, fantastic images!

Last edited by Numaan on Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:12 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou   The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 12:05 am

What a superb addition Christophe. Thanks for posting your wonderful images.

Douglas Mortimer

Douglas Mortimer

Country/State : Italy

PostSubject: Re: The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou   The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 10:51 am

Very nice model and gorgeus pics! Excellent detail!   Applause 
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou   The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 3:29 pm

That is a release that must be widely supported! This is a very rare and unknown species and the work ended fabulous. I am really impressed with 2013 CollectA releases, all I already have ended being much better in hands than in original catalogue pictures. That is a superb work and an example how a brand can make its way being innovative! I love that incredible figure! Very Happy Thanks again for your wonderful pictures and description.
Also Numaan, it is great the high level of exigence with the details of the facial mask but I think it is good enough considering the size of the figure and that this saola are on top levels of quality! Very Happy

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou   The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 11:01 pm

Wow!!! What a wonderful model!!!  Applause Applause 

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou   The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 11:18 pm

Thank you all for your comments Very Happy It is one of the 2013 Absolute must have IMHO.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou   The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 11:59 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Thank you all for your comments Very Happy It is one of the 2013 Absolute must have IMHO.

I agree sunny sunny sunny

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou   The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 12:33 am

Wow!! Wonderful walkaround Christophe! Thank you!

This is one of my top 3 most anticipated models of 2013. I am drooling over this. Your pictures are only increasing my excitement about the model. It is excellent!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou   The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 7:36 am

Thank you Scott Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tqcenter2002

tqcenter2002

Country/State : Israel

PostSubject: Re: The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou   The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri May 23, 2014 2:49 am

I know this is an old thread and I am sorry to push it up (or maybe I am not :) )
IMHO - The Saola figure is ONE of the best and I do mean BEST!! it has so many details and it got realistic pose and the head looks great!

Yes - I got me a Saola in the mail - Just got it and I still can't take my eyes of it!! Well it is a male Saola and I don't know if there is going to be a female soon (or maybe at all) But I think that it is one of the impressive bovine (not an Antelope) figures that I have seen.

Actually I am starting to like the new Bovine figurines and I got me so far : Indian Gaur (the largest member of the family) that even tigers afraid from it (But not all tigers). Saola one of the rarest members of the family with two spiny horns. Water Buffalo - that is truly a BIG figure and it is worth getting like all others (Even like getting the Gaur) and Cape Buffalo By PAPO.

They All look VERY IMPRESSIVE and I do want to collect them all (NEW ONES).

I would be happy if you could recommend figures of which I should get that will enrich the Bovine family in my collection.
It would be hard to get the old versions - But I think that this is the RIGHT time to collect them since they are starting to get improved!

Thanks
Bovine Rules  cheers (After Tapirs)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou   The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri May 23, 2014 8:00 am

Thank you Tq for pushing up old threads  Wink  There is no topic cemetery on STS.  Laughing 

At that "scale", you should have a look on the Möjo Cape buffalo (walkaround [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) and the Papo Yak (walkaround [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]).

On the domestic side, you should also look at the CollectA Red brahma family (walkaround [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) and the CollectA Ankole cattle.

At the same "scale", if you have nothing against oldies, you should also think about the Lineol yak and European bison.

If you can afford them go for Anna an Harriet Forest buffaloes pair, Miguel European bison and Noemi female gaur. (you will find pics of them in the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.])  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou   The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri May 23, 2014 8:30 am

I LOVE it whan somebody brings up an old topic, - especially a great one like this  cheers 

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou   The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri May 23, 2014 4:19 pm

Yes, thank you for finding this topic, somehow I didn't see it before Shocked
It's great walk around Kikimalou and Saola is fantastic. Already in my collection too Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
tqcenter2002

tqcenter2002

PostSubject: Re: The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou   The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri May 23, 2014 4:20 pm

Thanks Kiki,
I will look for these :)
Thanks I'll be on the lookout for new Bovine figures.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou   The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri May 23, 2014 10:33 pm

Ana wrote:
Yes, thank you for finding this topic, somehow I didn't see it before Shocked
It's great walk around Kikimalou and Saola is fantastic. Already in my collection too Very Happy

cheers 

tqcenter2002 wrote:
Thanks Kiki,
I will look for these :)
Thanks I'll be on the lookout for new Bovine figures.

You are welcome  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
tqcenter2002

tqcenter2002

PostSubject: Re: The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou   The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 12:58 am

Thanks Christophe.
I have got all the bovine in your list of recommendation :)

This figure is so beautiful that it deserve this.. :)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by tqcenter2002 on Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou   The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

The COLLECTA Saola walkaround by Kikimalou
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next