Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba

Go down 
+7
widukind
arafan
Kikimalou
donny ong
SUSANNE
LukaLeon085
costicuba
11 posters
AuthorMessage
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba Empty
PostSubject: Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba   Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 4:32 am

This new Collecta model is interesting and it`s deserves a walkaround,
se here is mine :)

First, the original catalogue photo :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And now.. ``Let`s dance`` ( by Kiki ) lol!

Some close up photos to see the details :

..and more close up..

the new Collecta Crock, meets his new friend by Papo :

Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba   Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 9:09 am

High detailed model (with anus) congratulation !

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba   Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 9:21 am

Wonderful walkaround of this very interesting model cheers

Somebody mentioned that a crocodile can not lift himself  on the front legs.
I imagine this croc is standing mainly submerged under water.. but on this photo it is close :
Actually crocs are surprisingly agile  Shocked

costicuba wrote:

the new Collecta Crock, meets his new friend by Papo :

Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile

Laughing I love this picture lol!
- and it is a great comparison photo too Very Happy

donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba   Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 10:01 am

Congrats and thanks Kosta.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba   Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am

Thank you for sharing Kosta sunny

I'm not a big fan of articulated mouthes and I hope we won't see an articulated models tidal wave affraid Laughing

Like Papo afew years ago, CollectA is improving its official pics and I seriously don't know if it is a good thing. scratch The head and neck joints are not visible on catalogue Wink

Nevertheless, the things I like very much on this one (the real toy) is the original pose (not easy to find for a croc) and the painting, especially when you compare with the Papo. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba   Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 2:00 pm

Thank you Kosta, again an awesome walkaround! Very Happy
I really think thats an other really poor figure, if you compare the catalogue pictures with the real ones. I'm happy that I didn't ordered it till now, it only would be a waste of money. Crying or Very sad

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba   Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 3:12 pm

I have also a croc with moveable mouth, but from another brand:) Congrats

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba   Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 4:21 pm

Thank you friends :)))

SUSANNE wrote:

I imagine this croc is standing mainly submerged under water.. but on this photo it is close :
Actually crocs are surprisingly agile  Shocked

Wow, Susanne, you found the perfect real photo for this model :)))

Kikimalou wrote:
Thank you for sharing Kosta sunny

I'm not a big fan of articulated mouthes and I hope we won't see an articulated models tidal wave affraid Laughing

Like Papo afew years ago, CollectA is improving its official pics and I seriously don't know if it is a good thing. scratch  The head and neck joints are not visible on catalogue Wink

Nevertheless, the things I like very much on this one (the real toy) is the original pose (not easy to find for a croc) and the painting, especially when you compare with the Papo. Very Happy

I absolutelly agree with everithing what you said Kiki :)

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba   Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 10:52 pm

Looks crazy, the mouth like a trash can....
The Papo and also the Schleich one are better.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba   Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 11:20 pm

CollectA wanted to make something different and they did!I am not an enthusiast of this crocodile but he represents something new in this hobby. Martin already showed how to use it perfectly and defintively it is a figure full of drama. An interesting acquisition in my opinion!
I still love best of all the Papo crocodile despite the poor painting.
It seems also, that new Schleich crocs are more interesting than the poor previous representative and Mojo has also a decent croc.
But, as I said previously, this one have something new that is its pose and turns it special among all others. It is also the best shelf toy because of his posture. Very Happy
By the way, your pictures are really great and comparisons are very helpful! Very Happy

SUSANNE wrote:

Somebody mentioned that a crocodile can not lift himself on the front legs.

Great picture Susanne, I think it was me who told it. scratch
In normal circunstances, crocs don't use their limbs to jump or attack, mainly their front limbs, after watching your picture I watched some videos of humans feeding crocs and surprisingly for me, they can stand, even if it is for a short time, using their front limbs to support. It is also true that they often don't use them and lift their heads only using their torso and front limbs fall naturally under their bodies. This figure is clearly using their limbs to support itself but now I am convinced that it can happen.
When they want really leap, they use mainly their tails and they're much more agile than what we think, they even can dance when Kosta is the teacher. Laughing
By the way, just watch this video in slow motion and see how graceful they are. Very Happy
Click here! Very Happy

Last edited by Roger on Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba   Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 11:30 pm

WOW !!!! That video affraid

And just before bedtime Shocked pale

WONDERFUL ! Thankyou, Roger cheers Applause Applause

arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba   Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 11:44 pm

Yes I'm agree Rogério. It is something special, but (for me as an non-repainter) it looks just cheap. I really like jaws that you can open but these need to bee well done. And you can't just tell your costumers that they will recive such an awesome, wonderful crocodile and finally just recive something completely different.

By the way Roger, thank you for the video. I knew that crocs were some interessing animals, but now I'm impressed. Shocked

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba   Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 1:11 am

Roger wrote:
CollectA wanted to make something different and they did!I am not an enthusiast of this crocodile but he represents something new in this hobby. Martin already showed how to use it perfectly and defintively it is a figure full of drama. An interesting acquisition in my opinion!
I still love best of all the Papo crocodile despite the poor painting.
It seems also, that new Schleich crocs are more interesting than the poor previous representative and Mojo has also a decent croc.
But, as I said previously, this one have something new that is its pose and turns it special among all others. It is also the best shelf toy because of his posture. Very Happy
By the way, your pictures are really great and comparisons are very helpful! Very Happy

SUSANNE wrote:

Great picture Susanne, I think it was me who told it. scratch
In normal circunstances, crocs don't use their limbs to jump or attack, mainly their front limbs, after watching your picture I watched some videos of humans feeding crocs and surprisingly for me, they can stand, even if it is for a short time, using their front limbs to support. It is also true that they often don't use them and lift their heads only using their torso and front limbs fall naturally under their bodies. This figure is clearly using their limbs to support itself but now I am convinced that it can happen.
When they want really leap, they use mainly their tails and they're much more agile than what we think, they even can dance when Kosta is the teacher. Laughing
By the way, just watch this video in slow motion and see how graceful they are. Very Happy
Click here! Very Happy

I absolutelly agreed with everithing what Kiki said.. and now again, I agree with everithing , what you are saying Roger :)
When I saw this model on the official photo, I realy liked it, becouse of this interesting and dinamic pose.
Then I saw from other photos, that it is actually with movable jaw and I was a bit disappointed.
For shure it look`s better on the official photo, but still it was on my wish list and now I`m happy to have it :)
Of course my favorite model is the Papo one, although the paint job it`s not great, but everything else is just amazing. It is one of my favorite models :)
About this Collecta Crock, You were right to be doubt, that maybe the poze is not very correct, but like we saw on the photo from Susanne, it is actually possible :)
And wow, this video is sooo cool cheers Thank you for sharing :))

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba   Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 2:20 am

Susanne, Bryan and Kosta, I am glad you enjoyed the video. Very Happy

arafan wrote:
Yes I'm agree Rogério. It is something special, but (for me as an non-repainter) it looks just cheap. I really like jaws that you can open but these need to bee well done. And you can't just tell your costumers that they will recive such an awesome, wonderful crocodile and finally just recive something completely different.

By the way Roger, thank you for the video. I knew that crocs were some interessing animals, but now I'm impressed. Shocked

Bryan, I understand you're disappointed with the figure and this is a forum, we give our opinions in a honest way. But you know each collector admires different things in a figure. I love the detailed sculpt of Papo figure, some dislike it because it is poorly painted and it is indeed. Others love to enjoy a more dramatic or scenic style, some others give more importance to the painting even if sculpting is completely off.
I am sure this croc matches Kosta taste and I don't find it a bad figure, there are only just other crocs that I like best.
What I am really sure is that I can enjoy these fabulous walk arounds with excellent pictures from several angles. They help me and several other collectors to take a good decision. So, I have a huge admiration to all members that take their time to make fabulous topics like these. :)

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba   Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 4:32 am

Thank you for the video Rogério Very Happy Crocs are great dancers, singers and I learned some are even poets Laughing Too bad soem people only see teh qulity of their skin.

By the way Kosta, as I looked at your last walkarounds, I was thinking that, after the three bears, it is time to make another music band pictures. The "open Big Mouth Choir" with Papo Hippo and croc plus CollectA Croc and Great white shark Laughing
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba   Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 4:48 am

Kikimalou wrote:

By the way Kosta, as I looked at your last walkarounds, I was thinking that, after the three bears, it is time to make another music band pictures. The "open Big Mouth Choir" with Papo Hippo and croc plus CollectA Croc and Great white shark  Laughing

Yeahh..that`s a great idea cheers Applause Applause Applause and your choice of star singers is great Very Happy

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba   Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 9:43 am

Thank you so much for this walkaround!! But he is definitelly out off my wishlist Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba   Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 3:15 pm

MartinH wrote:
Thank you so much for this walkaround!! But he is definitelly out off my wishlist Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

My pleasure Martin :))

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba   Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 7:53 pm

Well, I think the perfect quality of Kost's photos makes us think that the seams are wors than they really are scratch

The croc made a stop-over here in Denmark, and I did not notice anything...or am I wrong, Kosta ? Do I just need to clean my glasses ??? Laughing Laughing

costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba   Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 8:38 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Well, I think the perfect quality of Kost's photos makes us think that the seams are wors than they really are scratch

The croc made a stop-over here in Denmark, and I did not notice anything...or am I wrong, Kosta ? Do I just need to clean my glasses ??? Laughing Laughing

lol! you are right Susanne, you don`t need to clean the glasses Very Happy

I think, the paint job is good for a mass product ..it is more detailed then the Papo one.
Of course it`s not like from the official photo... but like Kiki said, Papo also is doing the same.
The poze is very interesting, which makes the model interesting.
Only the movable jaw it`s not made it perfectly, the space between the parts is a bit too big.
But this crock feels happy in my collection :))

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba   Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 8:48 pm

costicuba wrote:

But this crock feels happy in my collection :))

cheers Crocodile cheers Crocodile cheers Applause Very Happy

Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba   Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 9:14 pm

Nice walk around. Interesting and ambitious. But I would have been sad if I bought that expecting the catalogue picture. Thankfully it wasn't in my plans

PostSubject: Re: Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba   Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba Empty

Back to top Go down

Nile Crocodile Leaping with movable jaw 88725 by Costicuba
Page 1 of 1