Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

REBOR : "Savage" , the Ceratosaurus Dentisulcatus :-)

Go down 
+3
widukind
Kikimalou
costicuba
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

REBOR : "Savage" , the Ceratosaurus Dentisulcatus :-) Empty
PostSubject: REBOR : "Savage" , the Ceratosaurus Dentisulcatus :-)   REBOR : "Savage" , the Ceratosaurus Dentisulcatus :-) EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 10:56 pm

Ever since I saw pictures of the first REBOR model, I hoped to get one some day. Wink
But they are a bit pricey, even if  it isn't so bad, compared for instance to many Breyers.
And then there is the eternal problem : Which one to choose  Rolling Eyes  scratch

At long last I decided for "Savage" , the Ceratosaurus Dentisulcatus  Very Happy
Such a magnificent best, - powerful and elegant , - and the the base looked very interesting  alien

The first imression is the box, and it surely is posh !!!
The front :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The back :

A nice information card :

And here : Savage himself  cheers

But -  he has a problem , - he can't stand ! Crying or Very sad
From the nice video that Minizoo made, I knew this, and happily applied the "Hot water-cold water" treatment, and the legs turned very flexible, and easy to adjust Very Happy
Too easy, it turned out, - because two minutes later, when I had turned my back : "Thump!", he fell over again  Shocked  I tried the treatment a second time, and now I held him in cold water for 5 minutes, but, alas ! The same result  Sad
So now he has to live in my bedroom, where I keep the temperature cool, - at the back of a shelf, so he can lean against the rear plate if the temperature goes up near 20 degrees C  Rolling Eyes

Apart from that... he is absolutely beautyful  cheers
So let's proceed Wink

His charming face, - I love it   pirat

The base is a small piece of art in itself, I think Very Happy

The detail of the skin is impressive. I don't know if they actually did have scaly skin, but it looks great  Wink

His legs are a chapter of their own, - WOW !  cheers

Now I look forward to read what y'all think Very Happy
Christophe, please don't be too hard on my pretty boy  Laughing

Last edited by SUSANNE on Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: REBOR : "Savage" , the Ceratosaurus Dentisulcatus :-)   REBOR : "Savage" , the Ceratosaurus Dentisulcatus :-) EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 1:40 am

Beautiful, beautiful model you got.
Your choice is great, soo great details...this base- w[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Love it !
Just this problem with standing...I know many people are saying that, especially for this model.
But it look`s amazing , congratulations Susanne cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: REBOR : "Savage" , the Ceratosaurus Dentisulcatus :-)   REBOR : "Savage" , the Ceratosaurus Dentisulcatus :-) EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 5:53 am

SUSANNE wrote:

Now I look forward to read what y'all think Very Happy
Christophe, please don't be too hard on my pretty boy  Laughing

You are right, this guy is dangerous, I can't recover myself from his silly considerations about an Amargasaurus head Rolling Eyes  Laughing

The Box is absolutely stunning Susanne  Applause  and It can stand alone without boiling the corners Laughing  Want the box cheers

More seriously, I can't prevent myself from some Rebor addiction and this Ceratosaurus was in competition with the Utahraptor. The last one winned because of the size and price Wink . I have the great chance mine stands but I know also some collectors have the same "standing alone" problem.

I have no Ceratosaurus in my collection and I would probably choose this one if only I had more money and a solution for helping it to stand on it's foot. This terrible flaw is really terrible for such a young company who is trying to have a niche market between Papo and resin models. We have only one chance to give a first good impression, which is a bit half and half here.

However... It is really beautiful drunken
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: REBOR : "Savage" , the Ceratosaurus Dentisulcatus :-)   REBOR : "Savage" , the Ceratosaurus Dentisulcatus :-) EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 9:22 am

Nice model, congratulations Susanne :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saien

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: REBOR : "Savage" , the Ceratosaurus Dentisulcatus :-)   REBOR : "Savage" , the Ceratosaurus Dentisulcatus :-) EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 11:25 am

Wowww Susanne, it is absolutely beautiful! cheers It is my next candidate to my dino collection. Congratulations to your first Rebor model,
it was a very good choice! Applause Applause Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: REBOR : "Savage" , the Ceratosaurus Dentisulcatus :-)   REBOR : "Savage" , the Ceratosaurus Dentisulcatus :-) EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 12:47 pm

Thankyou very much flower

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: REBOR : "Savage" , the Ceratosaurus Dentisulcatus :-)   REBOR : "Savage" , the Ceratosaurus Dentisulcatus :-) EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 9:09 pm

I watched your pictures on TAI and I was... WOW... WOW... more WOW! Shocked
Let's suppose that figure doesn't intend to represent anything in particular and that someone decided to make it for a fantasy or scientific fiction line. Brutal! Just splendorous, the figure is powerful, very well balanced even if it falls down... scaly skin is superb, muscles, expressive head, pehnomenal base... everything looks very impressive to me.
Considering it is a representation of a ceratosaurus, I am sorry but I am not knowledgeable enough to judge it. I hope real ones looked like that, so we know they were extraordinary looking creatures. I agree with Christophe, REBOR as a recent company that puts their price in a high range level, should be more careful and prevent to manufacture a figure that cannot stand. Doesn't make sense this lack of care from REBOR but all the rest is just ... WOW! cheers

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: REBOR : "Savage" , the Ceratosaurus Dentisulcatus :-)   REBOR : "Savage" , the Ceratosaurus Dentisulcatus :-) EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 9:31 pm

Hurrayyy ! Crocodile  THANKYOU for those words, Roger cheers

"...very well balanced even if it falls down..." so totally right Laughing Laughing

I know very, very little about dinoses, but I adore this one Very Happy

Actually I was trying to find some models to sell, and buy REBOR instead, but I just can't find anything I want to sell Sad lol!

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: REBOR : "Savage" , the Ceratosaurus Dentisulcatus :-)   REBOR : "Savage" , the Ceratosaurus Dentisulcatus :-) EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 2:12 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Hurrayyy ! Crocodile  THANKYOU for those words, Roger cheers

"...very well balanced even if it falls down..." so totally right Laughing Laughing

I know very, very little about dinoses, but I adore this one Very Happy

Actually I was trying to find some models to sell, and buy REBOR instead, but I just can't find anything I want to sell Sad lol!

lol! Poor Susanne! Very Happy
First you made a great choice and we don't need to understand a lot of dinos, we only have to like what we get. Very Happy

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: REBOR : "Savage" , the Ceratosaurus Dentisulcatus :-)   REBOR : "Savage" , the Ceratosaurus Dentisulcatus :-) EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 9:19 am

Great and very fierce looking newcomer to your collection Susanne! Congratulations! Incredibly detailed dinosaur, has great finish work and also great looking base and beautifully designed box.  Applause cheers  
I also know very little about dinosaurs so I don't see the flaws other than that he doesn't stand well. Luckily you found a place for him from which he doesn't fall Smile Applause

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REBOR : "Savage" , the Ceratosaurus Dentisulcatus :-)   REBOR : "Savage" , the Ceratosaurus Dentisulcatus :-) Empty

Back to top Go down

REBOR : "Savage" , the Ceratosaurus Dentisulcatus :-)
Page 1 of 1